Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2010, 05:28 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I am not going to get into that quagmire again, Obama will have his wings clipped come November and will be gone soon enough after that.

So what do you THINK THAT HE CARES................LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 05:30 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I hate it when politics overrules law.
Don't we all. Are you going to make a case that's what happened here?

Old 09-04-2010, 05:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Don't we all. Are you going to make a case that's what happened here?
I do believe it IS the case.

"Embarrass" is derived from the French, where embarrasser means to "block" or "obstruct." Thus, the first meaning in the OED, going back to 1683 is "to encumber, hamper, impede (movements, actions, persons moving or acting). "The Character of Ambassador, which would delay or embarrass me with Preparations of Equipage." Or, from 1734, "Hannibal..ran to the assistance of his troops, who were thus embarrassed." One might also say, in 19th century form, that the contours of the country would embarrass the enemy to a considerable degree. This doesn't mean that it would make them feel ashamed of themselves; it suggests, rather that it would set up a road block, an impediment, a hindrance, a difficulty."

embarrass and embarrassment and embarrasser and hindrance and difficulty and perplexity

I wish the courts would serve justice rather that justify all the time.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:02 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
I do believe it IS the case.

"Embarrass" is derived from the French, where embarrasser means to "block" or "obstruct." Thus, the first meaning in the OED, going back to 1683 is "to encumber, hamper, impede (movements, actions, persons moving or acting). "The Character of Ambassador, which would delay or embarrass me with Preparations of Equipage." Or, from 1734, "Hannibal..ran to the assistance of his troops, who were thus embarrassed." One might also say, in 19th century form, that the contours of the country would embarrass the enemy to a considerable degree. This doesn't mean that it would make them feel ashamed of themselves; it suggests, rather that it would set up a road block, an impediment, a hindrance, a difficulty."

embarrass and embarrassment and embarrasser and hindrance and difficulty and perplexity

I wish the courts would serve justice rather that justify all the time.
It just never stops.

New Obama/Soetoro Exectuvie Order - Court Martials

Old 09-04-2010, 07:32 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Nonsense.

The birth certificate, or certificate of live birth, that President Obama has already made public, has been authenticated by the people and entities that are charged with the responsibility of doing so.
That's false and misleading. No one has seen the ORIGINAL birth certificate. If you would read the transcript of interview with the Hawaiian state official that oversees vital statistics, then you would know that she herself has never seen the actual ORIGINAL birth certificate. The only claim she ever made was that the "certification" of live birth was an official Hawaii state document and that seal on the document is valid.

The question still stands: Where is the ORIGINAL birth certificate?

Anyway, they can always appeal the judges decision and an appellate court can overturn the ruling and require a showing of the ORIGINAL birth certificate.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:28 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
I hate it when politics overrules law.
Then it is a very good thing that judge ruled to accept only arguments based on law rather than politics.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's false and misleading. No one has seen the ORIGINAL birth certificate. If you would read the transcript of interview with the Hawaiian state official that oversees vital statistics, then you would know that she herself has never seen the actual ORIGINAL birth certificate. The only claim she ever made was that the "certification" of live birth was an official Hawaii state document and that seal on the document is valid.

Anyway, they can always appeal the judges decision and an appellate court can overturn the ruling and require a showing of the ORIGINAL birth certificate.
I wonder if that document could be locked deep in some George Soros owned vault.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:35 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
That's false and misleading. No one has seen the ORIGINAL birth certificate.
Actually, the Hawaii Director of Health (Dr. Fukino) and the Hawaii State Registrar (Dr. Onaka) are both on record as having seen the original. And Dr. Fukino has verified that it says he was born exactly where he says he was born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea
If you would read the transcript of interview with the Hawaiian state official that oversees vital statistics, then you would know that she herself has never seen the actual ORIGINAL birth certificate.
Oh? Here is her official statement:

Quote:
"I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawaii State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen."
What were you saying about reading the transcript?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea
The only claim she ever made was that the "certification" of live birth was an official Hawaii state document and that seal on the document is valid.
You want to reconsider that claim?

Old 09-04-2010, 08:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:

Yet we are supposed to believe that mess you posted that is supposedly McCain's "vault" BC is the real deal. No seal, no validation by any governor, blah, blah, blah. Gimme a break!

Old 09-04-2010, 08:53 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:

For the life of me I will never understand why people believe things that are provably false if they'd just look it up. I understand even less why people would post something so provably false and let someone show that they are, in fact, flat out wrong.
Dr. Chiyome Fukino said she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate."Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures," Fukino said.

Obama's Birth Certificate Verified By State - News Story - KITV Honolulu (http://www.kitv.com/r/17860890/detail.html - broken link)

Dr. Fukino then further stated, "I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawaii State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records (i.e. original birth certificate) maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen."

Hawaii: Obama birth certificate is real - USATODAY.com
That's not even remotely the same as merely "claim[ing]. . . that the "certification" of live birth was an official Hawaii state document and that seal on the document is valid."

Dr. Fukino has PERSONALLY SEEN and PERSONALLY VERIFIED THE INFORMATION CONTAINED on Barack Obama's ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

It doesn't get any plainer than that.

So now you have the opportunity to say, "Oops, I was mistaken. Thanks for clearing up that misunderstanding." If you choose to continue to stand by your initial claim, in spite of clear evidence to the contrary, the reader will be left with no other choice than to believe you are intentionally misleading them. You decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies