Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 04:01 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
" The masses are asses. We know this. But the level of ignorance displayed by the attendees at the “Restoring Honor” rally is shocking even by contemporary standards."

When Stupid People don’t Know that They are Stupid: Glenn Beck’s Restoring Honor Rally and the Dunning-Kruger Effect « SpeakEasy (http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/09/02/when-stupid-people-dont-know-that-they-are-stupid-glenn-becks-restoring-honor-rally-and-the-dunning-kruger-effect/ - broken link)
Anyone who actually takes anything from that alternet website at the link seriously needs to stop a minute and think hard. It's so full of hatred and vitriole for certain people, that it's not even funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 04:08 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
" The masses are asses. We know this. "
Including the masses who voted for Obama and/or fell over in tears over his speeches?

Or does it only apply to certain masses? Masses who don't agree with your philosphies or who otherwise somehow don't fit into your subjective mold of the way they need to be?

I don't need an answer, I think I made my point.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:29 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
From the 'news' article:

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which an unskilled person makes poor decisions and reaches erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to realize their mistakes. The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average, much higher than it actually is, while the highly skilled underrate their abilities, yada yada yada.

Can't we keep Obama outta this one?
Sorry to rain on your parade (not really ) but Obama ain't got a thing to do with this topic.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:45 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It also fits the Obama lemmings.
Breitbart.tv » ‘Howard Stern Show’ Quizzes Obama Supporters in Harlem on Candidate Policies

Why, yes...yes it does!

Old 09-06-2010, 06:45 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Sorry to rain on your parade (not really ) but Obama ain't got a thing to do with this topic.
Actually, that paragraph describes O to a 'T'!

Old 09-06-2010, 08:16 PM

119 posts, read 249,325 times
Thanks to this rally of his, I now think Glenn Beck is an idiot. Prior to, I thought he was a pretty smart guy who led some fascinating arguments against leftist agendas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies