Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 02:13 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The comments are great
Like this one, not sure what characters were where the stars are but there's no doubt
it was written by a RWNJ....

"Just another self-loathing, left-wing lezzie forcing her distorted view of the world
on a young kid. Yeah, letâ**m get married and raise kids, what a great idea!
"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 02:18 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In that part of Colorado there are plenty of illegal aliens and many of them are Mexican and don't mind showing off their national flag. Yep, lefties don't seem to see that at any of their Cinco de Mayo celebrations.
Do you have a problem with non-Latino whites across the US flying Irish, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Greek, Swedish, Hungarian, etc. flags? Or the Union Jack? Or more obscure Euro flags from the countries of their ancestors? Or the Confederate Flag?

Cinco de Mayo is more of an American holiday than a Mexican holiday. In Mexico it's only a big deal in Puebla (where the battle that it commemorates occurred) and nowhere else - maybe the border towns that at least in the past used to depend on US business (doubt too many Americans go to Juarez these days, and all the border cities have seen a reduction in American tourism due to narcoviolence and recession, even Tijuana which doesn't have as much narcoviolence as other border cities). In the US it's like St. Patrick's Day, a celebration rooted in a particular ethnic group which is celebrated by everyone. Americans do love to have any excuse to party, and would even celebrate Eid-al-Fitr if it could somehow be used to make an excuse to drink.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:25 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
What I never quite understood, why do people in some countries feel like flying flags in their private lives? I guess everybody, legal and illegal, knows in which country they are At a public building, OK, during a world championship, OK, but in the garden or on one's truck?!

I don't know, to have pride in the country you live in?! It's their truck, and they will display the flags if they want to and you can't do anything about it. Good god, what's wrong with you?

Old 09-06-2010, 02:49 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
The young man said that his brother does that and his father does it and he intends to do it also, because he has a cousin in the Navy and it is a sign of honor for his service.

Very few people here don't know that the word diversity is the reason that woman told him to take the flags down. When citizens can't fly our flag but illegals are allowed to fly theirs that is just too much diversity for me. The principal said that they have flags in every classroom and they have a flag in the school yard and yet that security guard didn't think that an individual has the right to fly the flag. This crap has gone too far and it is time for progressives to get their crap shoved down their throats like they shoved Obamacare that was written in the locked offices of Dirty Harry Reid with only a few Senators and some labor leaders in there. It is time to start shoving that crap back where it belongs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post

I don't know, to have pride in the country you live in?! It's their truck, and they will display the flags if they want to and you can't do anything about it. Good god, what's wrong with you?
You got that wrong. It is not that I am trying to prevent them from flying flags. All I said is that I don't understand it. I don't care if they do or not as long as they leave me alone.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:58 PM

874 posts, read 1,659,898 times
I think you should be able to fly any nation's flag you want. I'm not sure why the guard make such a big deal over this.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:00 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Old news here and an inaccurate and incomplete article. the school system agrees with the student. It was only the action of a lone security guard who will be retrained this week.
It's always just a "Lone" ...."isolated " individual and incident when it comes to Fascist Liberal Extremism.

We have a million examples of "Lone" ...."isolated " discriminatory, racist Fascist Liberal Extremism. But nothing to get upset about

Old 09-06-2010, 08:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
I think you should be able to fly any nation's flag you want. I'm not sure why the guard make such a big deal over this.
It was that diversity crap that progressives have made such a big deal out of that caused that woman to pull that trick. I am just glad the boy had enough guts to stick it out up to the principal where he won his argument.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:07 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Get those American flags off that pickup because somebody may be hurt by the flying. You know some illegal aliens.

FOXNews.com - Colorado Student Says He Was Told to Remove U.S. Flags
This must be in Colorado, Afghanistan. Then I might understand.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:08 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Old news here and an inaccurate and incomplete article. the school system agrees with the student. It was only the action of a lone security guard who will be retrained this week.
Was the guard from Colorado, Afghanistan?

Old 09-06-2010, 09:09 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
If you hate the American flag while living in America, get the **** out.

We need to stand up to these anti American haters. Let them go back to their disgusting 3rd world slum countries they seem to be so fond of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies