Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 08:01 PM

59 posts, read 51,642 times

Advertisements

Boy I feel terrible now for disliking islam. Next time I talk to my buddy who lost half a face and leg due to a muslim roadside bomb I'll be sure to tell him the positives muslims have given us. I'm sure all will be forgiven then. Plus thanks to this muslim bomb he has no short term memory so I'll get the thrill of telling him over and over and over and over.

Thanks Islam!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:14 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,632,523 times
Name the good they do? Let's see..............they excel at shortening their own life spans?

Old 09-09-2010, 09:03 PM

344 posts, read 199,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drudger View Post
Boy I feel terrible now for disliking islam. Next time I talk to my buddy who lost half a face and leg due to a muslim roadside bomb I'll be sure to tell him the positives muslims have given us. I'm sure all will be forgiven then. Plus thanks to this muslim bomb he has no short term memory so I'll get the thrill of telling him over and over and over and over.

Thanks Islam!
Boy I feel terrible for not liking (insert group). Next time I talk to my (insert name) who (something tragic happened) due to a (insert group) (insert event) I'll be sure to tell (insert him/her) the positives (insert group) have given us. I'm sure all will be forgiven then. Plus thanks to this (insert group) (insert item) (insert him/her) has (insert condition) so I'm get the thrill of (insert sarcastic statement).

Thanks (insert group)!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:07 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,817,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
Boy I feel terrible for not liking (insert group). Next time I talk to my (insert name) who (something tragic happened) due to a (insert group) (insert event) I'll be sure to tell (insert him/her) the positives (insert group) have given us. I'm sure all will be forgiven then. Plus thanks to this (insert group) (insert item) (insert him/her) has (insert condition) so I'm get the thrill of (insert sarcastic statement).

Thanks (insert group)!
wth? (insert words)

Old 09-09-2010, 09:09 PM

Boy I feel terrible for not liking (White Brunettes). Next time I talk to my (best friend) who (got raped) due to a (White Brunette) (rape incident) I'll be sure to tell (her) the positives (White Brunettes) have given us. I'm sure all will be forgiven then. Plus thanks to this (White Brunette) (rape) (she) has (severe depression) so I'm get the thrill of (reliving her pain with her over and over and over).

Thanks (White Brunettes)!

Look, sorry for the hyper sarcastic response. It isn't terribly appropriate. However, the above happened. She was also drugged and had blood dripping down her leg. The guy was White with brown hair. That's all she remembers. Does that mean that ALL White men with brown hair are bad people? Of course not.

Terrible things happen, but you still can't stereotype entire groups of people. It doesn't solve anything. It just incites more hatred.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,758,067 times
Quote:
Boy I feel terrible for not liking (White Brunettes). Next time I talk to my (best friend) who (got raped) due to a (White Brunette) (rape incident) I'll be sure to tell (her) the positives (White Brunettes) have given us. I'm sure all will be forgiven then. Plus thanks to this (White Brunette) (rape) (she) has (severe depression) so I'm get the thrill of (reliving her pain with her over and over and over).

Thanks (White Brunettes)!

Look, sorry for the hyper sarcastic response. It isn't terribly appropriate. However, the above happened. She was also drugged and had blood dripping down her leg. The guy was White with brown hair. That's all she remembers. Does that mean that ALL White men with brown hair are bad people? Of course not.

Terrible things happen, but you still can't stereotype entire groups of people. It doesn't solve anything. It just incites more hatred.
Okay - but then no more stereotyping of Nazis, or the KKK or any other group.

Let's now apologize to the Nazis for doing what we did to them all because we stereotyped them.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:14 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,182,481 times
I'm in college and I've had several middle eastern men and women in my classes. One woman was from Iraq and actually had the guts to tell everyone in the class she was from Iraq. She was super nice and a cool person to talk too as were all the Middle Eastern people in my classes.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Okay - but then no more stereotyping of Nazis, or the KKK or any other group.

Let's now apologize to the Nazis for doing what we did to them all because we stereotyped them.
You do know logic right? Nazism is dictated by a strict set of rules for a small amount of people. In group dynamics, there is little difference. It's a really homogenous group. Muslims, like White Brunettes, are large and disparate. So it's illogical to compare the two groups. Apples and oranges.

It would be like comparing every White person to Nazis (not all Whites are Nazis, just like not all Muslims are terrorists).

Old 09-09-2010, 09:24 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,889,697 times
Quote:
You do know logic right? Nazism is dictated by a strict set of rules for a small amount of people. In group dynamics, there is little difference. It's a really homogenous group. Muslims, like White Brunettes, are large and disparate. So it's illogical to compare the two groups. Apples and oranges.

It would be like comparing every White person to Nazis (not all Whites are Nazis, just like not all Muslims are terrorists).
You mean Muslims don't have the same beliefs...who would have thunk it...

Old 09-09-2010, 09:53 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,889,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
An interesting leap you make there - albeit not the mental leap I would have hoped you'd make and certainly one that lacks any basis. Oh well.

For starters, while it is great that your own ideology leads you to label anyone leftist who asks questions not in line with your own thinking, I was, in fact, not making any statement that would or could be interpreted as leftist in any way.

I also did not express any love for Islamic terrorists - who does? Obviously, though, you are unable to discern between condemning the actions of a person (and that person) and condemning an entire religion based on the actions of a such a person.

Next, I did not compare achievements of jews to those of "Islamofascists" - I find such a comparison ridiculous.

I did, however, ask if it ever occurred to people like you that the blind hatred they express toward a particular demographic is quite similar to the blind hatred some Germans expressed toward a particular demographic in the 1930's.

Your answer, unfortunately, could not have been any more clear as it is sad.

At least, if anybody ever asks you how so many Germans could have so blindly hated Jews, you now have an answer. They were people like you who, I am sure, are just average citizens with a willful resistance to peek past the rim of their own plate and who will readily jump at the collective throat of an entire belief system.

You see, I don't really care what your political orientation is. I do care, however, when people jump to the gun and are ready to condemn an entire population of over 1 billion because, as history teaches us, such brainless generalizations tend to lead to horrendous acts, whether those are in Nazi Germany, Bosnia, Rwanda, or anywhere else.

Fortunately, the number of citizens with sound reason far outnumber people such as yourself - but as your post aptly demonstrates, you are out there...I can only hope that you and your blind hatred will remain a tiny minority. Isn't it ironic that you are so outraged about a few islamic extremists (as we all are) and yet display extremist attitudes yourself?
You are very ignorant of Islam. You are seemingly unaware that there has been no consistent effort on the part of "peaceful Muslims" to denounce terrorism coming from their camps, and to do something about it. There was never any reason for Germans to hate Jews -- none whatsoever. There is every reason to hate Islam, to hate the evil perpetrated by followers of that ideology, and to feel anger that almost NO Muslims have come out forcefully against their own who do such violence. The majority of Muslims tacitly approve of the Islamofascists in their midst, and if they don't, then they certainly cannot blame us for thinking that they do.

My hatred is anything but blind. You, however, are championing something that is very evil and willing to give shelter to those who pretend to be benign. Open your eyes before it's too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies