Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 06:12 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,783,799 times

Advertisements

Just wondering how the people posting in this thread that keep saying how superior humans are can explain why humans were the ones doing the abuse in the video? Shouldn't the superior beings be smarter, kinder and better than that? They abuse for one reason, just because they can and that does not make any living thing better or superior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 06:15 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,938,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
There are countless people being tortured everyday across the world, and human rights being violated. Where's the outrage and compassion for them?
What a useless self-serving post. It's crystal clear you are making this statement to promote your conservative political stance. Promote away, but doing it in this way, you lose all credibility. Everyone reading this understands that we must have compassion for all living creatures. What I find particularly disturbing about your post is that it shows you do not seem to understand that a society that allows the torture and mistreatment of animals is only a few steps away from allowing the same treatment for people. I don't always agree with PETA's tactics but they often uncover legitimate abuses, like in this case.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:18 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,315,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
This is truly disgusting. Be warned not to watch the video if these things upset you. Only posting to create more awareness to these horrible acts of cruelty. How people could do this to innocent animals is beyond me. These people should be placed in cages and treated in the same manner in which they did to the animals. How can people do things like this? It's beyond sad that people could do these acts.

Professional Laboratory and Research Services Investigation | PETA.org
Some animal workers have the tendency to develop cruel and abusive behaviors. Animal techs are not the same as ANIMAL RESEARCHERS. I knew this tech who took pleasure in killing babies from a litter whenever there was a surplus. She would keep hundreds of bodies in a bag in the communal freezer... god knows why they aren't immediately disposed of. I haven't seen any researchers treat animals with cruelty, because these animals are often times expensive and need to be stress-free for the results of the research to be meaningful.

Cruel things happen, but this does not mean that every animal worker is cruel. It doesn't mean that animal research is not needed.

PETA is not to be trusted. In many of their actions they hurt the animals more by freeing them. They destroy tens of thousands of dollars and years of research time by freeing transgenic mice that were developed by scientists, meant for curing human diseases. This is different from the research where cosmetics companies put crap in cats and dog's eyes.

Most research animals are treated in the most humane method possible. There has to be that balance. Or we can also just do the research directly on humans, I'm okay with that too... find me some suitable human subjects.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,878,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Just wondering how the people posting in this thread that keep saying how superior humans are can explain why humans were the ones doing the abuse in the video? Shouldn't the superior beings be smarter, kinder and better than that? They abuse for one reason, just because they can and that does not make any living thing better or superior.
most animals are pack animals, including humans. you have to understand the psychology of pack animals, dogs for instance are born followers, as are other pack animals. they look to us to provide leadership. that does not mean that we can abuse them though.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:28 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,204,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
This is truly disgusting<snip>
It truly is disgusting, [MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-12-2010 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: unnecessary flaming comment

Old 09-12-2010, 06:49 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,875,496 times
I don't understand how anyone can donate money to PETA or other animal groups when we haven't even solved the human rights problem in the world... I suppose we could target both at the same time but for me, humans always stand in front of animals not next to them.... an animal life will never be more valued than a human life but that's just my opinion... is animal abuse wrong? Of course but I rather focus on the human abuse...

Old 09-13-2010, 09:22 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,783,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't understand how anyone can donate money to PETA or other animal groups when we haven't even solved the human rights problem in the world... I suppose we could target both at the same time but for me, humans always stand in front of animals not next to them.... an animal life will never be more valued than a human life but that's just my opinion... is animal abuse wrong? Of course but I rather focus on the human abuse...

The problem will never be solved. People throughout history have killed,tortured and suppressed others and we are always fighting against it but have a huge way to go. We live in the greatest country in the world and all of those things still go on here and the unimaginable goes on in so many other countries. The fight against this continues and we all hope things get better. Those that have no respect for living things, as seen in the video how do you think a person like that treats other humans? Do you think they are upstanding, decent human beings? Who should defend and speak up for the abuse and neglect of animals when they can't do it for themselves, noone? Should we all just stand by, let it happen?

I asked in another post and I'll ask again...what is it that YOU are doing to help anyone? People have big mouths but they can't seem to list the things they are doing to make a difference. As far as PETA, so a bunch of people go by a handful of news reports of terrible things they did but don't know anything about all the great things they do to bring attention to animal abuse. Do you think those were actors in the video? Were the cats actors? I make my money and spend it as I wish, thats one of our rights as Americans. If I want to use it to help an animal that's my choice but don't assume I also don't donate money to help people or donate time. I guarantee the people on this thread that are defending animals do more to help people also then the whole group put together that are against defending animals.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:38 PM

281 posts, read 447,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I'm interested in seeing the list of good causes you support and all the good things you do for mankind. It must be absolutely huge if you can muster up the audicity to tell others not to spend their hard earned money on helping animals!

I find it incomprehensible and downright sickening that there are people here who are belittling this issue and simply wave it away as not being a big deal.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:36 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,518,556 times
Quote:
If posts like this make you feel better about hunting and killing animals for so called "sport" then you've proven nothing. If you read the post, then obviously you didn't get it. I said no organization is perfect and if you think these organizations do nothing to help animals, that's your prerogative to believe what you want. So you're not an animal activist or even seem to like animals except to kill them, that still has nothing to do with the OP. The questions/comments to why are some people so upset if others care about animals and claiming the same don't care just as much about people are ridiculous.
An organization that has been proven to lie several times, edit or even stage films for propaganda purposes, that supports terrorists, whose leaders want humans killed off, and so on, is so far from worthy of any credibility, little else needs to be said.

BTW: I don't hate animals, but I don't see them as equals with humans either.

Quote:
To imply I support torturing humans is more than insulting but after reading a few of your posts I'm not surprised you are so low.
Your own words were:

"I would rather they tested on guys that molest children and let their skin burn than an innocent helpless animal but instead our tax money goes to prosecuting them, putting a roof over their head, feeding them."
http://www.city-data.com/forum/15820343-post55.html

Old 09-13-2010, 03:49 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,518,556 times
Quote:
Do you think those were actors in the video? Were the cats actors? I make my money and spend it as I wish, thats one of our rights as Americans. If I want to use it to help an animal that's my choice but don't assume I also don't donate money to help people or donate time. I guarantee the people on this thread that are defending animals do more to help people also then the whole group put together that are against defending animals.
The animals may not be actors, but the humans may well have been paid to do this by PETA, or PETA members themselves. The first claimed film of animal abuse (a seal being skinned alive), was staged; animal rights activists paid someone to skin it.

"Snuff" Films (http://www.furcommission.com/news/newsC7.htm - broken link)

Outside observers say PETA videos extreme at best, at worst, staged: Ag industry, animal activists at war over videos showing abuse | Society, Social Assistance & Lifestyle > Animals & Society from AllBusiness.com (http://www.allbusiness.com/society-social/animals-society-animal-rights/13253464-1.html - broken link)

There is no right to fund terrorists. PETA and HSUS do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies