Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 08:40 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

more scare tactics from the world of islam

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf on 'Ground Zero Mosque' Controversy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 09:01 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Seems to me, anything, nothing, etc spark violent "backlash" in the Middle East. You blink too many times and its "off with the infidels heads!"

America is as tolerant a nation as there ever was and will be. I think the ones that need self reflection and preaching to are many in the Middle East.

The loon who is burning Korans has sparked people in the M.E. to burn him in effigy, call for his death, etc. While what this guy is doing is just dumb and against the teachings of Jesus, why does the reaction to everything consist of death threats, bombings, burnings, and violent hateful rhetoric in the Middle East by the religion of peace? A bit ironic. A bit ironic how many over there who are outraged by Koran burning or the simple asking of a moving of the Mosque, react with violence. Kinda like the idiots who are bashing the police in LA over the killing of a knife wielding drunk. They react with violent protests and physical attacks on the police.

I say again, sure, we can always do better with tolerance etc etc, but it sure as hell isnt Americans that have issue of tolerance compared to the Middle East. There are over a 100 of mosques in NYC alone. So the only reaction to the threats of violence and what not should just be the shaking of the head, pointing to the fact that we are a very tolerant nation, and just to ignore them. They arent going to see the error of their ways and how wrong they are. They are stuck in their twisted ideology of violence and hate.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:09 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Imam: Moving NY Mosque Could Spark Violent Backlash
Uh thanks Imam, like we didn't know that already

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 09-09-2010 at 09:28 AM..

Old 09-09-2010, 09:22 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
I put pepper on my eggs this morning. No doubt a Muslim somewhere was somehow offended and is planning a violent reprisal for the act of this infidel. After all, Mohammed never put pepper on his eggs!

(Have I told you about my new 'Pages of the Koran Toilet Paper'? I'm looking for local distributors now... )

Old 09-09-2010, 09:26 AM

952 posts, read 942,714 times
It's best we back down...so we not offend the followers of Islam.

We'd be better citizens if we could learn to capitulate to their demands and expectations...

ditto, illegal immigrants

signed,

Liberals in America

Old 09-09-2010, 09:32 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Who cares! These temper tantrum muslims are on my last nerve!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I put pepper on my eggs this morning. No doubt a Muslim somewhere was somehow offended and is planning a violent reprisal for the act of this infidel. After all, Mohammed never put pepper on his eggs!

(Have I told you about my new 'Pages of the Koran Toilet Paper'? I'm looking for local distributors now... )
well i think new yorkers should all get pet pigs and walk them by the proposed site every morning, i hear that pigs are smarter than dogs

Old 09-09-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
and since when do you speak for everbody,

Old 09-09-2010, 09:36 AM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
You know I really think Jeff Dunham had it right. Its almost comical now how everytime some Muslim group is slighted or questioned, they threaten violence. Time for a new act there guys.

Don't the moderate Muslims get embarassed by it after a while?

Jeff Dunham - Achmed the Dead Terrorist Video

Old 09-09-2010, 09:42 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
and since when do you speak for everbody,

Thanks, Frank, you speak for almost all of us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies