Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,585,527 times

Advertisements

A radical Islamic activist and lawyer in the U.K. has called on Muslims worldwide to burn U.S. flags outside American embassies on Sept. 11, a "direct retaliation" against a Florida church's plan to burn Qurans on the same day.

Call Emerges for "Burn the Stars and Stripes Day" - World Watch - CBS News

Feel free to burn my country's flag. I think it is highly offensive but I believe you have the right to express your opinion. Just don't call for Jihad and start beheading or blowing up people. Maybe they are finally starting to get the picture. I hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 11:23 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,901,260 times
Strange that Muslims cannot grasp the idea of individual freedom...

Old 09-09-2010, 11:55 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,795,351 times
Same could be said for America right now. Glass houses. Don't think our country doesn't have much to learn. It sure as hell does.

Last edited by shroombeanie; 09-09-2010 at 11:57 PM.. Reason: Don't think our.......

Old 09-10-2010, 12:04 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,297,614 times
Then we should burn their flag! And their cult of murder book! When is our government heads of state going to grow some b***ls and say that's it, no more demanding tolerance and special rights for muslims ( like stinking foot washes in restrooms! or take off work 5 times a day to pray nonsense- and get full days' pay and not penalized for the time off the job; I'm not even sorry to tell the boss, I'm NOT doing his job 1 day a week while he gets to go "pray" and doing mine too!!!) The time has come to STOP appeasing these people !!! They are the most INTOLERANT people on earth. Funny how they can't take it but think it's ok to dish it out.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
Same could be said for America right now. Glass houses. Don't think our country doesn't have much to learn. It sure as hell does.
Makes no sense in this discussion but thanks for the effort.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:44 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,106,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why do you find that strange?

Old 09-10-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Why do you find that strange?
I don't find it strange at all,I find it part of the problem with followers of Islam.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:11 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,156,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
A radical Islamic activist and lawyer in the U.K. has called on Muslims worldwide to burn U.S. flags outside American embassies on Sept. 11, a "direct retaliation" against a Florida church's plan to burn Qurans on the same day.

Call Emerges for "Burn the Stars and Stripes Day" - World Watch - CBS News

Feel free to burn my country's flag. I think it is highly offensive but I believe you have the right to express your opinion. Just don't call for Jihad and start beheading or blowing up people. Maybe they are finally starting to get the picture. I hope.
Actually, they already hurt several of their own people with their " peaceful" protests. So far no news updates indicating they have murdered ...slaughtered any infidels, in response to a book burning that won't occur.

I'm sure there be a least of few slaughtered americans/infidels some time over the next few days. Islam knows no other way.

The concept of Islam and Peaceful Protest is an oxymoron.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:17 AM

720 posts, read 692,412 times
So, it's okay for them to burn the flags(America's symbol), in their freedom of expression, it's okay to threaten Americans, in their freedom of expression. However it is not okay for Americans to do the same by burning their symbol...Yeah, okay...Now I get it..

Old 09-10-2010, 09:38 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,005,305 times
Since when did they ever need a reason to burn US flags? They do it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Indeed. They think one unknown pastor of a small, insignificant church somehow represents the entire US. It just shows how small their world really is and how groupthink is so much a part of their culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies