Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 02:45 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I already know what democrats like. They like the government to suck everyone else's money away from them so that they can create and implement 'programs' to do jobs we as citizens should take upon ourselves to do (like donating to charities and helping the homeless and poor). Being then absolved of all responsibility, they can then run about and act self-righteous even though they didn't do jack sh*t.

"If the government does it, I don't have to bother doing it! Genius!"
Wrong thread. Here is the thread you may be looking for.

What Do The Democrats Like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 02:51 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Well it looks like one from your group picked up on our "strategy" because it seems like it has been reversed and a "What do democrats like?" thread has been created. So original don't ya think?

So Johnny, Why didn't you tell the OP that his thread failed and that republicanas don't fit into neat little boxes??

Hmm makes one wonder. A little strange.
You type "our strategy" so you admit you are in cahoots? But then you criticize. . . I'm a bit disappointed. . .

Old 09-11-2010, 02:54 PM

Both of these threads are quiet silly (this thread and the What Do The Democrats Like? thread). Its funny how anyone thinks that any person who represents a political party falls into one carefully built box. Not all republicans are the same, not all democrats are the same, not all Christians are the same, not all Muslims are the same. I think this is a problem with the P&OC forum too many people, too often, group one group of people into a corner and say this is what this group of people represents. The problem with this is when the people come out who don't agree with everything that is said and done in their group, hook, line and sinker.

But don't listen to me, I'm just the crazy one talking in the corner.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
So Johnny, Why didn't you tell the OP that his thread failed and that republicanas don't fit into neat little boxes??

Hmm makes one wonder. A little strange.
You type "our strategy" so you admit you are in cahoots? But then you criticize. . . I'm a bit disappointed. . .

Quote:
Both of these threads are quiet silly (this thread and the What Do The Democrats Like? thread). Its funny how anyone thinks that any person who represents a political party falls into one carefully built box. Not all republicans are the same, not all democrats are the same, not all Christians are the same, not all Muslims are the same. I think this is a problem with the P&OC forum too many people, too often, group one group of people into a corner and say this is what this group of people represents. The problem with this is when the people come out who don't agree with everything that is said and done in their group, hook, line and sinker.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:56 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Well it looks like one from your group picked up on our "strategy" because it seems like it has been reversed and a "What do democrats like?" thread has been created. So original don't ya think?

Who's "my" group? I didn't know I belong to any.

Oh, it's that liberal labeling thingy again isn't it. Categorize everyone who disagrees with you so you can then attack them and call them names.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:

John you missed my point and rather pointed question to you, purposely?

Never mind. . . .

Old 09-11-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Who's "my" group? I didn't know I belong to any.

Oh, it's that liberal labeling thingy again isn't it. Categorize everyone who disagrees with you so you can then attack them and call them names.
A lot of people on the left like to put people in neat little boxes. They can make sense of their world better this way. lol.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:02 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,532,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
I wonder who the Republicans like?
They certainly don't like Democrats? They seemingly don't like Hispanics. They dont like Blacks. They dont like the unemployed. They dont like Catholics. They dont like environmentalists. They dont like Muslims. They dont like liberals. They dont like feminists. They dont like Hollywood. They dont like NBC, ABC, CBC, and PBS. The dont like NPR. Who do they like?
Do you have any evidence to back up your rant?

Old 09-11-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
John you missed my point and rather pointed question to you, purposely?

Never mind. . . .
What the point of your thread that mimics this one? No I didn't miss your point, I know your thread was sarcasm, but the way you created it didn't convey a very strong sense of sarcasm because otherwise you may have brought up this thread in your OP, you may have added one of these () at the end, and you would have included this post in the thread http://www.city-data.com/forum/15847772-post9.html where you went on to say you were actually hoping to have a conversation about this. If it truly was sarcasm, you would have let the thread die or just roll your eyes at me.

Here is the specific part of that post that I am referring to:

Quote:
I was pleasantly surprised by the initial tone of your post, even encouraged. thought we could have a friendly debate. Unfortunately resorted to type at last moment.
This leads me to believe you were serious about the thread you started because you were hoping to go on and spend time debating your stance you took in the OP of the thread.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Do you have any evidence to back up your rant?
Evidence, facts? These people base everything soley on emotion and impulse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies