Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 09:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
On Sept. 8, a lawsuit on behalf of Eddie Duran was filed against the Santa Ana Police Department and three of its officers. The suit alleges harassment and police brutality, she said.

The nerve. People like that just know how to file frivolous lawsuits instead of examining their own behavior.

In any case plenty of people die everyday from unjust circumstances who are more deserving of news coverage. I don't see a news article written for every innocent child that dies from child abuse or starvation. No need to cry over this one.
Same thing going on in Austin TX. Parents of 19 year old gang member who was shot by Police is now suing the city for $750K

Sanders lawsuit to hinge on a moment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 08:50 PM

774 posts, read 1,164,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Oh, right, so insurance claims payouts makes it all okay for the victim of the car theft. Who do you think pays into the fund? We all do, and our premiums go up as crime increases. If you think an insurance payout makes it all okay, then why don't we just encourage gangbanger parents to buy life insurance on their ill fated tots -- so what if they get murdered down the road, insurance will pay!

Any member of a group should feel responsible when other members of that group misbehave. I know I do. The concept of honor and group responsibility is one of the greatest strengths of the Asian community, in my opinion. One of the weaknesses of American culture is the emphasis on "My, Myself, and I." If more children were taught that what they do reflects upon their families, their communities, their ethnic group, and their social class, and that it means something to have honor, we wouldn't be in such a mess.

We know what the causes of criminality are. Liberals have done their best to create those causes. Furthermore, as for "helping," numerous people give a lot of their time trying to help. Sometimes they are repaid by being murdered or otherwise victimized. Life is hard and most of us have our plates full trying to raise OUR OWN FAMILIES in a responsible manner. It is not my responsibility to go clean up everyone else's mess.

Oh please...stop sounding like an idiot. No one said that an insurance payout makes it alright to steal a car. If you read my post with any understanding, you saw that I said this was at best an inconvenience, or at worst something much more of a problem for a theft victim.

I hate it when people like you try to twist others' words to suit their purposes, presenting only partial information. I don't appreciate your feeble, thinly veiled attempt to twist my words. It's exactly the kind of thing I have come to expect from people like you who want to blame all the woes of this country on Liberals (whatever that means).

Given that you obviously have a problem with my hoping that the victim had theft insurance, is it your desire that the victim didn't have theft insurance??

I understand what you are saying about honor in the Asian community, and feeling responsible for others in that community. Honor and responsibility have nothing to do with being able to control the actions of others. I feel that I have a responsibility to the black community in that I want it to be the best it can be and I do what I can to further that cause. That is not the same thing as feeling responsible that actions of those individuals who are members of that community. I am no more responsible for the actions of my black neighbors down the street from me than they are for my actions.

Finally, you seem to contradict yourself by saying on the one hand that you feel a responsibility when people of your group misbehave, then later you say that it is not your responsibility to clean up everybody else's mess. Is it your responsibility to clean up the messes left by your group members, or is it that you have no responsibility to clean up anyone's mess, while maintaining your sense of responsibility to your group

Old 09-19-2010, 09:09 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Same thing going on in Austin TX. Parents of 19 year old gang member who was shot by Police is now suing the city for $750K

Sanders lawsuit to hinge on a moment

Wonderful - raise your kids to be gang members then sue when they reap what they sow.

This is why there are columns in the papers of other countries headed "only in America"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies