Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 08:02 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post

For a millisecond, lets entertain your current logic (because it shifts every time I bust you): if the whites can learn another language...why can't the Hispanics learn English? ANSWER THAT.

also, again, not all Hispanics speak Spanish.
Because they don't HAVE to--just like you don't HAVE to learn Spanish. But it is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, and as such is extremely useful to know.

Personally, I know French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese. I'm never going to be going to any of those countries, but it is useful to know for the people that come HERE from those countries--not that I seriously believe that we should permit any immigrants to our country. Heck, I don't even want people coming to my TOWN from other towns.

And, as I've told you time and time again, the only language tied to a race--the U.S. government calls it a RACE, not an ETHNICITY--is Spanish, tied to Hispanics. So you can't be racist by simply not using any other language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
You said it is racist for America, and its POLICIES, which arise from the people through its representative GOVERNMENT, to expect immigrants to do what other nations do: speak, read, and write the dominant language in the nation.

Speaking English, and speaking ONLY English are two different things. But I do not expect you to undersand that.

Furthermore, the fact that you avoid direct challenges to back up your assertions and address contradictions in your arguement shows me you know you lost. You only keep posting here because your pride is hurt and you want the last word. I keep posting on this thread to combat out of control political correctness and leftism. I want you to notice something...none of your liberal friends are coming to your defense. You've embarrased yourself and actually hurt your position publicly.

....and I'm loving every minute of it.
I don't see any one language as "dominant" here in America. And I don't have any friends, liberal or conservative. Conservatives think I'm too liberal. Liberals think I'm too conservative. And everyone else pretty much thinks I'm a jerk. An intellectual jerk--but still a jerk.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:46 AM

785 posts, read 619,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Why SHOULD they?

There is nothing wrong with people continuing to use languages other than English in this country. There is nothing wrong with people using only English--or any other language they wish--in other countries.

People don't agree because they are stupid and close-minded.
Can you show me where I said there was something wrong with people using a language other than English? If you can't you revealed you need to lie to try and make a point. Your arguement however was different: you accused the US of being racist for expecting people to speak English in an English speaking nation. Your positions are hypocritical, because you excused Hispanic store owners for doing the same thing: expecting customers to speak Spanish, the dominant language in their house.

Please explain. Oh, you've lost every which way, and your response to call others stupid and close minded is immature and you just revealed yourself. See, I, and others on the board, know how pathetically stupid you are. But thats because you've proven it.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:48 AM

Lying and drawing an inference are completely different things.

This is a nation where people DO speak a number of different languages--it is NOT an English speaking nation. Try again.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I don't see any one language as "dominant" here in America. And I don't have any friends, liberal or conservative. Conservatives think I'm too liberal. Liberals think I'm too conservative. And everyone else pretty much thinks I'm a jerk. An intellectual jerk--but still a jerk.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I imagine you do not have any friends, you just revealed yourself to be a loner, and a loser. Your intelligence does not match your arrogance, no wonder people don't like you. Even you know, and I can tell its bothering you, that you lost this arguement and you've been abandoned by your fellow liberals. Stew in your own juices, son.

As for your statement that the US doesn't have a dominant language, you are simply pathetic and have flown the coop. So...why are all the sign in English? Most of the broadcasts, etc etc?

Stew in your own juices, son, we all know its bothering you. and yes, my side is stronger for this debate, you've just weakened your side by giving the appearance that yet another advocate for Spanish speakers not learning English are emotionally unstable.

You're done.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Because they don't HAVE to--just like you don't HAVE to learn Spanish. But it is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, and as such is extremely useful to know.

Personally, I know French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese. I'm never going to be going to any of those countries, but it is useful to know for the people that come HERE from those countries--not that I seriously believe that we should permit any immigrants to our country. Heck, I don't even want people coming to my TOWN from other towns.

And, as I've told you time and time again, the only language tied to a race--the U.S. government calls it a RACE, not an ETHNICITY--is Spanish, tied to Hispanics. So you can't be racist by simply not using any other language.
Do you take medication?

At this point, I've won this arguement. You've been reduced to emotional blathering, false grandiosity, contradictions, lies, etc. I have achieved my objective, and won. Anyone reading this thread will see that clearly. They will see your distortions, lies, contradictions, unsubstantiated allegations, etc. I am letting this thread die. You can respond, and stew in your own juices.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I imagine you do not have any friends, you just revealed yourself to be a loner, and a loser. Your intelligence does not match your arrogance, no wonder people don't like you. Even you know, and I can tell its bothering you, that you lost this arguement and you've been abandoned by your fellow liberals. Stew in your own juices, son.

As for your statement that the US doesn't have a dominant language, you are simply pathetic and have flown the coop. So...why are all the sign in English? Most of the broadcasts, etc etc?

Stew in your own juices, son, we all know its bothering you. and yes, my side is stronger for this debate, you've just weakened your side by giving the appearance that yet another advocate for Spanish speakers not learning English are emotionally unstable.

You're done.
Son, would you like to prove that somehow? Would you like to challenge me on ANY sort of test? I will blow you out of the water intellectually. You don't even know the difference between drawing an inference from a person's posts and lying.

And I've already pointed out that I see any number of signs in Spanish right here in my home state of Florida. Especially those referring to la ley. I can also find TV and radio stations that broadcast exclusively in Spanish.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Do you take medication?

At this point, I've won this arguement. You've been reduced to emotional blathering, false grandiosity, contradictions, lies, etc. I have achieved my objective, and won. Anyone reading this thread will see that clearly. They will see your distortions, lies, contradictions, unsubstantiated allegations, etc. I am letting this thread die. You can respond, and stew in your own juices.

Nothing emotional about my statements above--or false.

I'm able to draw an inference, you don't know what an inference is.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Son, would you like to prove that somehow? Would you like to challenge me on ANY sort of test? I will blow you out of the water intellectually. You don't even know the difference between drawing an inference from a person's posts and lying.

And I've already pointed out that I see any number of signs in Spanish right here in my home state of Florida. Especially those referring to la ley. I can also find TV and radio stations that broadcast exclusively in Spanish.
Only cause i was still signed in, and this is my goodbye:

YOU:
And I've already pointed out that I see any number of signs in Spanish right here in my home state of Florida. Especially those referring to la ley. I can also find TV and radio stations that broadcast exclusively in Spanish

Which still isn't enough, because:

From the CIA website:
Languages:
English 82.1%, Spanish 10.7%, other Indo-European 3.8%, Asian and Pacific island 2.7%, other 0.7% (2000 census)
note: Hawaiian is an official language in the state of Hawaii

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/us.html

Which number is larger, 82.1% or 10,7%? ]

Would love to see your response to that.

Overall, please please please please keep posting. You're not intelligent enough to stay down, and not intelligent enough to know you help the other side. Thats why I've kept posting long after I tasked you. You are a "usefull idiot", and you don't even know it.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:09 AM

My response is to question the validity of your "source". About on a par with Wikipedia, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies