Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 07:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/21/us...er=rss&emc=rss

Quote:
People on Wall Street complained that he was treating them like a piñata, “whacking us with a stick,” in the words of Anthony Scaramucci, a former law school classmate of Mr. Obama’s who now runs a hedge fund and was one of the president’s questioners.
Why yes, his class warfare, pitting one segment of the population aggainst the other in order for his target to be identified, demonized and dealt with.

Straight from the Rules for Radicals playbook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 08:06 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Uhhhh, term limits saves us from more of Bush, but all we got was Bush dark.
Progressive POV: Pretty much. With a few exceptions, Obama has not changed much of anything. He tries so hard to be moderate, centrist, or slightly right-of-center on every issue. Even DADT, something that should have been an easy win for the left. The only thing I've noticed different is less of an emphasis on terrorism.

Obama, during the elections, was nicknamed "The One," and this was jokingly used against him as a recognition of the unrealistically high hopes voters had for him. Using this analogy, I'm reminded of a prescient line from the Matrix, with the American voters as Morpheus:

The Oracle: "Okay. Now I'm supposed to say, `Umm, that's interesting, but...,' then you say..."

Neo: "But what?"

The Oracle: "But you already know what I'm going to tell you."

Neo: "I'm not The One."

Oracle: "Sorry, kid. You got the gift, but it looks like you're waiting for something."

*Pause*

Neo: "What?"

The Oracle: "Your next life maybe, who knows? That's the way these things go. What's funny?

Neo: "The voters. They... They almost had me convinced."

And it looks as though Obama is waiting for something. Like he's not quite sure what the appropriate stance is, so he stands right in the middle, and waits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Back on topic. What's the deal with the Obama voters turning on him? Should they be thrown under the bus? Are they just ignorant? C'mon progressives, give us a clue on what you think.
No, they are not "Just ignorant," and you are not a clever or unique troll. I answer not on behalf of your oafish attempt to goad progressives into a dumb fight with you.

Progressives have answered this prompt repeatedly, and within this forum. Obama is not a progressive, so there is little reason to support him. He ran as a progressive, and became a Republican centrist. He pays more attention to Fox news than he does to his own base. He refuses to fight for any progressive policies, and has none to his credit. He is afraid of the policies and change he campaigned on.

And being a waterboy for the banking industry is not a good way to win progressive support either.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:16 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
It is exhausting arguing with incurably stupid, the mendacious, the ill-educated and simple minded fools.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:19 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
What was all the laughing from Obama for?

Strange response.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:11 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
The woman who asked the question can expect to get audited.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:40 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Townhall participant to obama;

Ouch! That's got to hurt.

Of course, I'm sure he went on to blame Bush for her problems.

RealClearPolitics - Video - CNBC Town Hall Questioner To Obama: "I'm Exhausted Of Defending You"

I'm surprised they didn't cut her mike.

Barry will have alot of explaining to do in the presidential debates in 2012. It should be very funny.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:48 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Following her was another audience member who took a swipe at obama's anti-business policies.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:54 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
What was all the laughing from Obama for?

Strange response.
I thought that as well.

The woman says she is exhausted from defending him.....she was be serious....Bambi laughs like a 3rd grader getting in trouble in the classroom.

Bambi is one immature jerk. Definitely not fit to be president.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:58 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
I bet he cried himself to sleep last night.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:04 AM

556 posts, read 622,869 times
She works as a CFO. Her family's income is probably more than $250,000. According to the Obama
supporters on this form she is rich and should pay more in taxes. Her wealth must be redistributed!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies