Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:13 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,281,068 times

Advertisements

I don't think Carter was as bad as people say, what do you think? Jimmy Carter's White House Diary - 60 Minutes - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 02:19 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,332,416 times
Default Carter is a national disgrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
I don't think Carter was as bad as people say, what do you think? Jimmy Carter's White House Diary - 60 Minutes - CBS News
If the veracity of the narratives in his previous books is any indication, then this one is full of lies. The ammo against this a-hole Carter is endless, both as a president and ex-president. He's on every website that has a worst presidents list. Just google "Jimmy Carter worst president" or even just "worse president". The list is endless.
Moonbattery: Jimmy Carter, Worst President in History

American Thinker: America's Three Worst Presidents

Historical rankings of United States Presidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 10 Worst Presidents - US News and World Report (usnews.com)

IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily

Jimmy Carter - America's Worst President And Traitorous Former President :: War on Terror :: Hyscience

Jimmy Carter: A Weak, Ineffectual President And An Embarrassing And Dishonest Ex-President

Jimmy Carter -- Not Only the Worst President in American History, but the Worst Ex-President, too. - Reader comments at The New York Sun

And it goes on and on and on....

And since he was booted as president, he further sullied himself with the likes of Chavez, Hamas, Hezbollah, Kim Jung, etc. His books consist of twisted history. Even a fellow of the Carter Center in Atlanta resigned over them and denounced him.

Carter is a terrorist-supporter, a racebaiter, a liar, a distorter of history, and represents a disastrous presidency the consequences of which we are still suffering. He's an embarrassment to Americans, especially Democrats (and I'm a registered Dem).

He's been on this earth way too long. My regret is that when he finally croaks we will have to go through the ordeal of a politically correct national day of "mourning" and the phony eulogies simply because he was an ex-president. It will be ridiculous and sickening.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:26 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,532,547 times
Na, I think he was as bad as we first thought!

Old 09-21-2010, 02:28 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Carter was bad enough the first time; worse the second time as Obama. Please , NO MORE!

Old 09-21-2010, 02:45 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,946,946 times
Quote:
Under Carter , I made the most money , it was a great exciting time, lots of inflation and a growing economy...make it while you can....and I did ! We need a return to those good old days, just a little bit. No complants about Jimmy , he was way under rated , still is.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:45 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
I don't think he EVER told the whole story.

Can't be done without mentioning the CIA.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:50 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,211,226 times
Quote:
I watched that show too.

Honestly, having read up on presidents who made the "Worst" lists, Carter was certainly not the worst.

Bad? Yep. The worst? Not even close. Even if you remove Bush from the list, that still leaves absolutely despicable or useless presidents that were much worse than either Bush or Carter.

The problem with Carter is that he was not a strong figure. This is Obama's problem as well. Even if you are a cold-hearted and bloodthirsty puppet for the power elite, you can usually maintain your good standing in the eyes of the public by projecting an image of strength and conviction. Carter and Obama possess neither of those attributes. Whatever legislation they pass or actions they take, the public does not respond to quiet, incremental policy and moderate stances.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:05 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,036,805 times
Carter did some good things while president, as well as a lot of bad things that sent this country into a bad place. Not all of it was his fault, the biggest thing he had going against him was the fact that he was from the Deep South and he was fairly conservative; this made him enemy #1 of the likes of Ted Kennedy and the more Liberal factions of the Democratic party.

Some Democrats have attempted to apply revisionist history to his presidency, however, I doubt in the current political climate that they would bring up the fact that deregulation was an integral part of the Carter presidency, as were tax cuts. Both of which have been railed on by the current DNC as failures.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:15 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,526,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Carter was bad enough the first time; worse the second time as Obama. Please , NO MORE!
I'd agree

I saw him on the Daily Show last night...Same old Jimmy
with the same old 'MISGUIDED' views

Old 09-21-2010, 03:21 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,946,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
I watched that show too.

Honestly, having read up on presidents who made the "Worst" lists, Carter was certainly not the worst.

Bad? Yep. The worst? Not even close. Even if you remove Bush from the list, that still leaves absolutely despicable or useless presidents that were much worse than either Bush or Carter.

The problem with Carter is that he was not a strong figure. This is Obama's problem as well. Even if you are a cold-hearted and bloodthirsty puppet for the power elite, you can usually maintain your good standing in the eyes of the public by projecting an image of strength and conviction. Carter and Obama possess neither of those attributes. Whatever legislation they pass or actions they take, the public does not respond to quiet, incremental policy and moderate stances.
Would have to say , Regan was the worst , in modern times. he started all the mess...we are now into. Looking back at history...does prove that out , regardless of your potlics leanings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies