Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 09:32 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Apparently everyone who thinks homosexuality is normal, thinks raising a child is normal.

Everyone who thinks homosexuality is not normal, thinks raising a child is not normal.

Argument is futile. If it was the American way we would vote and decide.

But, then we have this pestilence called judges, and they go around changing laws.

As I stated earlier, I believe a man and a women united in wedlock, is the best way to raise children.
And the medical community disagrees.

So you would rather have a child rot in foster care or a group home, rather than be raised by two loving parents of the same gender?

And no, we don't get to vote as a country on things like this. Do you think we should all be able to vote on whether or not black people can have the right to vote or own land? If the country decides, then it will become law? That's why we have a little thing called checks and balances in this country.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 09:39 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
And the medical community disagrees.

So you would rather have a child rot in foster care or a group home, rather than be raised by two loving parents of the same gender?

And no, we don't get to vote as a country on things like this. Do you think we should all be able to vote on whether or not black people can have the right to vote or own land? If the country decides, then it will become law? That's why we have a little thing called checks and balances in this country.
I don't like children rotting anywhere, you are so silly.

Black people have been voting for years, and are not even remotely vialble in this argument.

You sure jump to conclusions.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:44 AM

278 posts, read 621,915 times
"The best interest of the child" should = 1 Father and 1 Mother.

Not 2 Penises.

Gay and Lesbians should get a puppy (dog) to replace their maternal instincts.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:56 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Good.

This is a win for everyone directly involved. The child is no longer in foster care and is in a more stable environment, the taxpayers' burden of paying for a child in a foster home is relieved, and a couple of people who love each get to raise a family they otherwise could not have.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:00 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Good.

This is a win for everyone directly involved. The child is no longer in foster care and is in a more stable environment, the taxpayers' burden of paying for a child in a foster home is relieved, and a couple of people who love each get to raise a family they otherwise could not have.
I would take the foster care, instead of a homosexual lifestyle.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:10 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
I'll take two people willing to take responsibility for the upbringing of a child over a welfare state.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I don't like children rotting anywhere, you are so silly.

Black people have been voting for years, and are not even remotely vialble in this argument.

You sure jump to conclusions.
So which would be preferable? A child in a home with two parents (same sex) who love and want it, or a child growing up in a group home with no parents at all?

It is viable in this argument, you see, because we cannot vote as a whole to deny one group of people rights. You better believe back then, people were saying similar things about black people "we should be able to vote as a country to deny them the right to vote".

Old 09-24-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
So you'd rather have a child live in a group home with 20 other troubled children, and never know the love of a parent, than have a child be raised by two men. That's really sad, and that's why it's a good thing that you're not the one who gets to decide for these poor children.

There was a group home full of kids that went to my local high school. Incredibly sad and I was friends with a lot of them. 2 of them committed suicide. Very sad growing up thinking you are not loved or wanted. I would never put a child through that over being in a household where they are loved.

So sad that bigotry exceeds even those bounds of putting a child into a loving home.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venezuelan View Post
"The best interest of the child" should = 1 Father and 1 Mother.

Not 2 Penises.

Gay and Lesbians should get a puppy (dog) to replace their maternal instincts.
Really? What about when it's either foster care (20 kids with no real parents in a group home) or being adopted by 2 loving parents of the same sex?

Really, really sad that you would choose a life in a group home over a life with 2 same sex parents. What on Earth do you think will happen?

Old 09-24-2010, 10:21 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
It's OK if it is judged unconstitutional as long as they put the best interest of the children as the main criteria for adoption.

Because best for the child mean mother and father.
So, no single parent adoptions are allowed in that state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies