Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:15 PM

296 posts, read 228,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael0603 View Post
I love the Warren Buffet bashing from everyone. A man who probably has more wisdom, honesty and integrity in one finger than all of us combined, not to mention, in an industry where cheating and lying is status quo, and you all make him out to be some greedy Madoff.

Between the efforts of Buffet, Gates, and the like, the country is poised to see the world's largest charitable contributions since the beginning of mankind via the Bill and Linda Gates Foundation.

Maybe Buffet is reluctant to give away his hard earned billions to a bunch of lazy, baby-making, drug and alcohol abusing idiots? Any half-witted American knows that's where the majority of charitable contributions end up.

If Gates & Buffet are NOT showoff hypocrites,

they should donate RIGHT NOW their whole fortune to the government.

They should only keep the fortune of the average American...
1) A 2500sf house in a 6000sf lot
2) 2 cars costing 20K each
3 ) 10 k in a savings account in the bank...

ALL THE REST TO THE GOV,NOW,NOW,NOW...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 01:15 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,533,375 times
I am sure he is not talking about robbing anyone. Those who have money create jobs. No one ever got a job from a poor person. Don't chase the rich from our country because they will take the jobs, etc with them.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:16 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,467,426 times
Quote:
I'll bet you Buffet's money is placed in a transparent fashion in accordance with federal law. The end.

And no, why the hell would Buffet, who has been an example and has demonstrated fiscal and investment responsibility, bailout the rest of the crooked morons? Our nation's debt should be paid by each and every one of us on an incremental basis based on our earnings.

EVERYONE is to blame. You, I, the banker down the road, and the theives on Wall Street.
I agree with you, but on par with what you said, Buffet should have kept his old mouth shut then. He advocates that the government tax people with money more, but where is HIS contribution. That's all I'm saying. If he thinks rich people need to pay more, then he should follow suit and put his money where his mouth is and be the first to cut a nice fat check to the US Treasury.

Pssst. People like Buffet are to blame as well, alot more than me or you.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:17 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,742,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary

Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.

Speaking at a $4,600-a-seat fundraiser in New York for Senator Hillary Clinton, Mr Buffett, who is worth an estimated $52 billion (£26 billion), said: “The 400 of us [here] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.â€

Obviously Buffet is prepared to put his money where his mouth is.
Your blasting a guy that gave a fortune to charity and is admitting that as a wealthy person he is willing to pay more to the government for the good of the country. Yeah, you make a lot of sense. Oh I forgot, you will advocate for Capitalism and the rich when they achieve wealth by undermining the middle class and dislpay exraordinary greed.
Well he could be like John "Lurch" Kerry and pay taxes he doesn't owe legally. After John "hide a boat" Kerry got caught maneuvering to not pay $500,000 on a new yacht, he said he would pony up the money.

Buffet could write a check today to the idiots in my state government and solve our fiscal crisis right now. Isn't your hero WB willing to put his money where his mouth is flapping.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:17 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,152,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
But he is saying that OTHER rich people should be taxed more and is advocating the government doing so. How much of his money is hidden from taxation? I bet you most of it is. Why doesn't HE put his money where his mouth is and cut the US government a big fat check to help out THEN go out and suggest others follow suit?
It's already been pointed out to you on several posts that Buffet is not a typical greedy rich guy and yet you contunue to bash him. If he took out his spleen and donated it, you would criticize that too. So go on and rant, but I'll lay odds that we can find posts where you have defended the greed of health insurance companies that make fortunes off of gouging sick people.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:19 PM

144 posts, read 121,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenge2ful View Post
If Gates & Buffet are NOT showoff hypocrites,

they should donate RIGHT NOW their whole fortune to the government.

They should only keep the fortune of the average American...
1) A 2500sf house in a 6000sf lot
2) 2 cars costing 20K each
3 ) 10 k in a savings account in the bank...

ALL THE REST TO THE GOV,NOW,NOW,NOW...
I have to assume this is sarcasm... or you are eaten alive daily in these forums.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I agree with you, but on par with what you said, Buffet should have kept his old mouth shut then. He advocates that the government tax people with money more, but where is HIS contribution. That's all I'm saying. If he thinks rich people need to pay more, then he should follow suit and put his money where his mouth is and be the first to cut a nice fat check to the US Treasury.

Pssst. People like Buffet are to blame as well, alot more than me or you.
People like Buffet are the ones who have allowed Capitalism to thrive and make today's Americans the most productive people in the history of mankind.

With regard to the beginning of your statement, Buffet is not advocating that the rich give away their nest egg to the treasury. Buffets contribution has been the creation of millions of jobs and all the government's tax receipts because of that.

Buffet's contributions have been allowing American corporations to thrive overseas and an era of consumption rather than production.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:28 PM

296 posts, read 228,949 times
Quote:
I have to assume this is sarcasm... or you are eaten alive daily in these forums.

I don't understand what you mean to say...

For 5 years now,Gates & Buffet play the same act,
the rich who donate but...actually don't donate...

Buffet is one -foot- in -the -grave 80 whatever,why doesn't he donate now..?

Old 09-24-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenge2ful View Post
why doesn't he donate now..?
He's donated 1.6 billion annually since 2006. Find me another individual on Earth who's done more.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:41 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,597,243 times
How about stop spending it...the problem is not lack of revenue..it is the pigs in Washington...remember..hogs get fed...pigs get slaughtered...like they will in November...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies