Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2010, 09:50 AM

296 posts, read 228,765 times

Advertisements

It is only logical that children of SS couples will be more influenced in favour of homosexuality.
However,influence is not the significant factor...
If the children don't have it in them,they will not become homos...

Hopefully,we have no extremes ,yet,either in homo couples or in cases of polygamy.
I know of no cases of SS polygamy or SS incest...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 10:03 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenge2ful View Post
It is only logical that children of SS couples will be more influenced in favour of homosexuality.
In "favor" of homosexuality?

They may be more accepting (of their own or others'), but since people do not choose to be heterosexual or homosexual, there is little that can be done to influence a child's sexuality.

I'd imagine some radical gay parent hellbent on making their straight child "gay" (i've never heard of such a thing) will be about as effective as a straight parent trying to make their gay child straight (which actually does happen, and often in violent ways).

Old 09-26-2010, 11:03 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
In "favor" of homosexuality?

They may be more accepting (of their own or others'), but since people do not choose to be heterosexual or homosexual, there is little that can be done to influence a child's sexuality.

I'd imagine some radical gay parent hellbent on making their straight child "gay" (i've never heard of such a thing) will be about as effective as a straight parent trying to make their gay child straight (which actually does happen, and often in violent ways).
I think it might encourage some more bisexuality.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:21 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Yet we allow Moslems with up to four wives to freely enter the US. Are they required to divorce three of their wives to get a visa? Would Mormans still be allowed polygamy if they had oil? Would gays have so much influence if not for their aggressive political and legal actions giving them a perceived importance far out of proportion to their small number? We are so intimidated by a tiny impudent chihuahua furiously barking from beneath a sofa.
The Mormons would be allowed polygamy if they immigrated here instead of being born here. But I'd rather we didn't let people in this country.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:25 AM

I don't see what the problem with polygamy is if all of the parties are consenting adults.. I don't want to get married, period, but if someone wants to be married to 5 people, then they should be allowed to so long as they are all willing to do it. If I don't want to marry 5 people, I won't marry 5 people.

Better yet, the government should stay out of private arrangements and get out of marriage.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:42 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Yes, and I was referring to US Law. Even multiple partners among married couples is well within the limits of the law (in most states). And those states in which it is illegal, it is almost never enforced.
Multiple partners, no real law against it--just multiple marriages. Personally, I prefer monogamous relationships. Don't really want to catch something I don't want...some of which can be cured, some of which cannot.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:10 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Perhaps children should be taken away by the government when raised in homes where their parents preach hatred and bigotry. That sure would cause a de-population of children in many states and areas served by mega-churches.
Wouldn't the gay community love that! It's a good thing they are outnumbered 20 to 1. Or maybe I should say "Thank God" they are such an insignificant percentage of our population.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:25 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Wouldn't the gay community love that! It's a good thing they are outnumbered 20 to 1. Or maybe I should say "Thank God" they are such an insignificant percentage of our population.
I think gays represent (realistically) between 3% and 5% of the total population .... which is not "insignificant." That's... oh.... 15 million? people?

It's more than the % of Jews in this country, and on roughly on par with the % of Asians. It is not "insignificant" by any means. The problem is, it's very hard to gauge. A significant amount more will engage in homosexual acts but eschew the label.

But, it goes to show: If you think the incidence of homosexuality is so insignificant, then that should just be more evidence that gay rights, marriage, etc. will have no effect on the general population, or whatever insular, superstitious lifestyle they choose to follow.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:25 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Multiple partners, no real law against it--just multiple marriages. Personally, I prefer monogamous relationships. Don't really want to catch something I don't want...some of which can be cured, some of which cannot.
In this day in age, you usually go get tested together and communicate about sexual activity. Atleast that's how my generation does it.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I think gays represent (realistically) between 3% and 5% of the total population .... which is not "insignificant." That's... oh.... 15 million? people?

It's more than the % of Jews in this country, and on roughly on par with the % of Asians. It is not "insignificant" by any means. The problem is, it's very hard to gauge. A significant amount more will engage in homosexual acts but eschew the label.

But, it goes to show: If you think the incidence of homosexuality is so insignificant, then that should just be more evidence that gay rights, marriage, etc. will have no effect on the general population, or whatever insular, superstitious lifestyle they choose to follow.
I'm curious why the left cares so much more about small minorities than they do for substantial minorities or even majorities?

Why isn't the left fighting to either end the selective service or require the women have to register too, or is it okay to discriminate against 49% of the popuation and jail them and deny them student loans if they don't comply simply because they were born with a penis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies