Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2010, 04:47 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,132 times

Advertisements

For all this view is worth it means a lot to more than a little of the American population. Just not enough for this view to have yet taken hold to produce any lasting comfort. The fact that the argument of our country's problem is whether or not one is more worthy than the next still exists, perpetuates our degradation. Really, at this point, none of this matters anymore. Decline, uneducated or educated, inexperienced or experienced seems to be the hot new fad. Decline in respect for the American worker to cheap overseas labor shows how these 'college educated idiots' appreciate their country's driving force. It realistically only requires a few to start and offer opportunity. While it takes millions to keep these ventures prosperous. However, arrogance preaches a total and frighteningly different story.

IME it is true that whatever does not kill, makes one stronger. We'll know soon enough if strength is stronger than arrogance. We (America) may cease to exist, as we know it. Or We may grow stronger and wiser. Anyone's guess I'd say.

I suppose one can be an optimistic pessimist.

[SIZE=3]
Welcome to government by professor. Assorted faculty of Ivy League schools have come together to form an administration with the least real-world and most academic experience of any in modern times, the American Enterprise Institute [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]notes[/SIZE][SIZE=3]. And so we have a government of scolds, lecturers, and bullies, arrogant academics cheered on by mainstream media when they take a "[/SIZE][SIZE=3]paddle[/SIZE][SIZE=3]" to average citizens and taxpayers.[/SIZE]

American Thinker: America's Death by Professor

It's all fun and games till someone loses their country. This has become a country of 'amusement' at best. At least for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 06:39 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
I don't see how larding this administration with academics can be much worse than the previous administration's band of corporate toadies, oil barons and ideological followers of R.J. Rushdoony.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:48 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Well we survived the Bush years so I think we are past death row!

Old 09-26-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Well we survived the Bush years so I think we are past death row!
If one considers 'life-support' surviving, then we're good to go.

I prefer breathing on my own.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:04 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
^ well I don't see the GOP and their retarded pledge doing any better. In fact their "pledge" is the same BS that ran us into the ground prior to '08. That is of course if you were one of those that benefitted from those prior policies.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I don't see how larding this administration with academics can be much worse than the previous administration's band of corporate toadies, oil barons and ideological followers of R.J. Rushdoony.
Just in case no one has been paying attention, this administration has made no new footprints. They've just been stepping in the same ones previous. Must think they're tracks are going unnoticed. Relative difference is, we went from ignorance to arrogance.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
^ well I don't see the GOP and their retarded pledge doing any better. In fact their "pledge" is the same BS that ran us into the ground prior to '08. That is of course if you were one of those that benefitted from those prior policies.
Absolutely true. Don't have faith in either 'party' though. The only benefit I had (HAD) is the most important... work. Those that 'benefited' from those policies found cheap labor and have been receiving cheap, recallable products ever since. Trying to pass things off as 'O.K.'. Situations are far from that. Unless of course one is listening to the 'upper' 2 - 5 percent of the population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies