Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 08:11 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times

Advertisements

Of the 14 women who gave birth to Veal's children, all but one are current or former recipients of public assistance, according to the state.

What a waste of my money. What a waste of OUR money. He has 23 kids. What the hell? Why is this happening?

"My daughter, now 11-years-old, and son, 16, have never even gotten a birthday card from him." (Go Figure, eh?)

Some checks that did arrive from Veal were for less than $2, she said. The attorney general's office said that the little bit Veal did pay over the years was split among so many people it was of limited benefit.

Families paint unflattering picture of man who fathered 23 children, owed $500,000 in child support | MLive.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 07:28 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
I wonder why they haven't taken him to court and then straight to jail.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:30 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,406 times
He is a sperm donor not a father. There is a difference.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:41 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Of the 14 women who gave birth to Veal's children, all but one are current or former recipients of public assistance, according to the state.

What a waste of my money. What a waste of OUR money. He has 23 kids. What the hell? Why is this happening?

"My daughter, now 11-years-old, and son, 16, have never even gotten a birthday card from him." (Go Figure, eh?)

Some checks that did arrive from Veal were for less than $2, she said. The attorney general's office said that the little bit Veal did pay over the years was split among so many people it was of limited benefit.

Families paint unflattering picture of man who fathered 23 children, owed $500,000 in child support | MLive.com
"Why is this happening?" It takes 2 to tango. These women should have done a better job checking this guy out before having sex with him.

I am NOT defending him. He should pay. But, they are as responsible as he is. They had a CHOICE.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:11 PM

11,247 posts, read 11,020,697 times
And people wonder why only 7% of the U.S. population is black male, yet the prison system is roughly 50%. These black kids have no father figure in their lives. Roughly 70% of black children are born into single parent homes (living with the mother). The father is usually nowhere to be found. There is a lot more welfare to be had when the couple is not married. Instead of a guiding hand in life, courtesy of a male role model, these kids are being raised by the likes of MTV, G-Thug, and *******' 'n Bling.

Abandoning fathers is a sick, pervasive element of todays black culture. This man is just one of the majority of those with the same attitude. He is just a "slightly" larger offender. In the end, though, I'm sure that it is just whitey and the Po-Po that are persistently suppresing their race as usual.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:38 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I believe that many of these women didn't really care about him being a father, they just wanted a baby. Being on public assistance encourages baby making. Nobody on public assistance should get further assistance for more kids, they should not be having kids, period.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:41 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I believe that many of these women didn't really care about him being a father, they just wanted a baby. Being on public assistance encourages baby making. Nobody on public assistance should get further assistance for more kids, they should not be having kids, period.
Agreed. These women really don't have any room to complain. It's like ordering a tuna sandwich at the deli and then complaining that you received a tuna sandwich. The man is a scum, but all the women had to have known what they were getting themselves into from the get-go.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:59 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times
This is one of the main reasons I am against welfare handouts. I know several middle aged men who have been single their whole lives. They would have been good family men but women instead choose to have babies with deadbeats like this guy. If welfare was eliminated, women would have children with decent men. The consequences would be too severe to risk having a child with a deadbeat babydaddy.

Another thing we could do to solve this problem is severly punish men who have children with multiple women and don't pay child support. I would garish their wages and assets..make them so poor that they can't survive. If they are this level of poverty maybe women will no longer be attracted to them and consider a good decent family man. I would also force vasectomy's and in the most extreme cases have the state castrate them (not chemically)....then FINALLY women will not be interested in them and be the 20th or 30th to get pregnant by the deadbeat stud.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:40 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,160 times
The Welfare system has made it too easy for women to say "yes" to these men when they want sex. This guy just wanted sex and had no intention of starting a family or supporting children. If the welfare system didn't exist you wouldn't see so many women shacking up with any guy who smiled at them. When you de-couple responsibility from sex you get more sex.
These women will never collect the money from this guy, who surely doesn't have it. He doesn't look like the kind of hard-working guy who is going to make kind of money in the future either. In fact, the court rulings pretty much make sure he won't work because he knows all of his money will go to child support. It's kind of like the Goldmen's court victory over OJ sent him in to retirement. He knows any money he makes will go to them so he just doesn't make any (and any he does make is put in his children's trust funds).
I don't understand how he can be put in jail for not paying though. We got rid of debter's prisons in this country 200 years ago. I don't want my taxes paying for 23 of this guy's kid but I also don't want them paying for his jail cell.
This is a sad situation but it is not uncommon in the Black community where welfare has destroyed the traditional family. So much for "The Great Society" experiment. Time to try something else.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:19 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
I feel so sorry for the kids above all. Above everything else.

No one can deny the kids suffer. And it is sad. Very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies