Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 07:24 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times

Advertisements

Obama: Democratic voter apathy 'inexcusable' - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_interview - broken link)

No, Bammer. people will sit out elections because the Democrat party didn't delivery on their promises. You cannot enrich big banks and wish to make the USSA Stasi Act permanent and expect to be called a man fighting for the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 07:51 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Obama: Democratic voter apathy 'inexcusable' - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_interview - broken link)

No, Bammer. people will sit out elections because the Democrat party didn't delivery on their promises. You cannot enrich big banks and wish to make the USSA Stasi Act permanent and expect to be called a man fighting for the people.
What a putz. If people liked his agenda they would be motivated to vote, but they are frustrated with him and the democrats.

0bama: "if people now want to take their ball and go home, that tells me folks weren't serious in the first place."

Maybe the people came to play the game, and it's become obvious that you are doing everything else, but playing baseball, so they are picking up their gear and leaving the field.

0bama is like an over hyped wonder boy, that the democrat team owners signed a $150 million contract with. Here they are, it's the second season, their team is in dead last place again, with nothing to show but a string of new records for most turn-overs, most fumbles and most yards lost. When 0bama's best play is an intentional grounding, the people have a right to be frustrated.

Obama wants disenchanted supporters to see that Republican wins in November would undermine the ability of Democrats to get the unfinished business done, from climate change legislation to allowing gays to serve openly in the military.

You see, that is the problem! We are a country in terrible economic times, and we are supposed to vote democrats into office so he can sign climate legislation and put gays in the military?? He is so out of touch.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:00 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
The least successful salespeople focus on informing you of their opinion of the competitors, rather than trying to find ways to promote their product.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
How can the people be serious, when he lied to them and never followed through with anything. All he and the Democratic controlled legislature have done, is screw things up worse, in their book smart effort without common sense way, they have dealt with the economy. Progressives have an agenda. Fundamentally change America. Too bad like Cass Sunstein said, their are too many Homer Simson's in the USA. Easily manipulated. The end justifies the means. Cloward, Piven and Soros were toasting nightly.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
He's absolutely right. If people are unhappy with the current situation, they have a responsibility to do something about it. Sure, it may not ultimately be in his best interests, or even ours, but, we are idiots if we just sit at home and sulk and let others determine the direction of the nation.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:56 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Who would have imagined that a President gets criticized for speaking out against voter apathy? We certainly do live in strange times.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:59 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
He's absolutely right. If people are unhappy with the current situation, they have a responsibility to do something about it. Sure, it may not ultimately be in his best interests, or even ours, but, we are idiots if we just sit at home and sulk and let others determine the direction of the nation.

Others? You mean like Obama and his crowd? He is once again counting on his way with words (not deeds) to win the day. Unlikely.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:00 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Who would have imagined that a President gets criticized for speaking out against voter apathy? We certainly do live in strange times.
Particularly when the criticism is directed at his own party.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:25 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Others? You mean like Obama and his crowd? He is once again counting on his way with words (not deeds) to win the day. Unlikely.
I mean anyone whose political views and philosophies are different from our own.
For you that may mean the current president, for me that may mean someone else. If you don't approve of how the current president and congress are governing, then vote for the people that you think would do a better job.
That's pretty much all the president is saying. Simple.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,838,455 times
My mom told me once that she would vote Bush because he was aniti abortion. I find that interesting because I think we need more taxes, less spending and to become solvent as a nation. Eventually, depsite Cheney, deficits DO matter. When no one will buy your debt, Oh! they will matter a great deal.

And a platform of hate reminds me of the Nazis.... I think of gay folks that just want to live and love each other in peace and of women who don't want to be seen as property.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...unces-hes-gay/

My wife is Japanese, and that might have something to do with it - think internment camps, cuz it's good for "the American people, 'cept thosse yellow ones, they don't count" and I think, "nah, I can't be part of that S**t." I doubt it though. I've hated racism as long as I can remember, 'cuz it makes no sense to hate someone cuz they are different than you. I think pundits are a joke. Imagine if your life consisted of waking up, brushing your teeth, drinking your coffee and figuring out what to hate about XXXX today. That ain't life. That's a 5 minute sketch on In Living Color.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Living_Color

Some Republicans have good ideas. Too bad quite a few of their figureheads are on the Hate Platform.

P.S. When you call people names, or intentionally mispell it - Bammer - do you think it adds credibility to your argument? Just curious. Because I think it just makes people look stupid.
Like calling Asians "chinks" or Hispanics "w3tbacks" or Caucasians "cracker" makes people look stupid.

Last edited by 70Ford; 09-28-2010 at 10:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies