Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 10:43 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,872,011 times

Advertisements

Reminds me of old Teddy's seat...

I hear this is the longest old Ted's gone without a drink in 50 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 12:04 AM

22,231 posts, read 19,540,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Well the interesting thing is that a poll this week shows her in a DEAD HEAT with Miller. Of course a poll is a lot easier to "answer" than is a "write-in" ballot.
Another poll actually has Murkowski up by 11. With that being said I really don't think Murkowski is within 2, and certainly isn't up by 11. If she got the Libertarian nomination and her name was on the ballot, I might be able to buy that she was within 2, though not the one which has her up 11, but with her being a write-in, within 2 I don't think is realistic.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:00 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,053,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Well the interesting thing is that a poll this week shows her in a DEAD HEAT with Miller. Of course a poll is a lot easier to "answer" than is a "write-in" ballot.
Another poll actually has Murkowski up by 11. With that being said I really don't think Murkowski is within 2, and certainly isn't up by 11. If she got the Libertarian nomination and her name was on the ballot, I might be able to buy that she was within 2, though not the one which has her up 11, but with her being a write-in, within 2 I don't think is realistic.
What polls are you guys looking at? Just curious.

Miller is on his way to imploding. There are new scandals breaking daily in the papers up here about his past financial history. The guy is a Grade A dirtbag. No coincidence that he was endorsed by Palin.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:04 PM

13,721 posts, read 9,056,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Reminds me of old Teddy's seat...

I hear this is the longest old Ted's gone without a drink in 50 years.

May your reputation increase!

Maybe, the next time I happen to be in the Boston area, I will, out of respect from one Scotch drinker to another, get a bottle and pour some onto his grave (after tasting it to make sure it didn't go bad).

Old 09-30-2010, 12:08 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,922,726 times
That has to be the stupidest display of excess egotistic delusion I can imagine.

BTW Teddy was sober for the last few years of his life. That is why he had them

Old 09-30-2010, 12:24 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,872,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
That has to be the stupidest display of excess egotistic delusion I can imagine.

Very doubtful, old Ted was a drunk to the core... most people who kill other innocent people tend to drink a lot to get past the memories of what they did.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:26 PM

13,721 posts, read 9,056,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

Let us see. He stops drinking, and develops a brain tumor. Hmmm.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:48 PM

22,231 posts, read 19,540,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post

Miller is on his way to imploding. There are new scandals breaking daily in the papers up here about his past financial history. The guy is a Grade A dirtbag. No coincidence that he was endorsed by Palin.
CNN/Time, Miller up 2 (also links to polls in California and Florida)

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im.../topstate4.pdf

Craciun Research, Murkowski up 11

http://www.craciunresearch.com/Craci...lts_092910.pdf

Still as a write-in, I don't see Murkowski getting enough support, likely going to be people who would have voted for her if she was on the ballot, but won't write her in.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:59 PM

17 posts, read 53,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post

That's an excellent point- maybe Murkowski is what some refer to as an "insider" but she has proven herself to be an asset to her state, and while I disagree with her on many issues, I've worked with her and her staff, and they are open to discussion, discourse and compromise.

Of course, all of this means nothing when compared to Joe Miller, who opposes unemployment benefits (he thinks they're unconstitutional- easy to say when you're a wealthy attorney). Miller also wants to let states decide if they want to provide Social Security, thinks Global warming is "dubious" and opposes abortion, even for rape and incest. And, oh yea, Opposes federal aid programs not specified in the U.S. Constitution, but he had no problem taking thousands in government subsidies for his farm.

But Joe Miller was endorsed by Palin, who decided to quit being governor to become.... whatever she thinks she is. So obviously he's the better choice, huh?

Whether you like Murkowski or not, glad to see someone is paying attention to Miller, not just his endorsement.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:03 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,053,341 times

YouTube - Joe Miller had a Farm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies