Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 03:46 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Already did.
Do not think so.

The topic and headline is was Obamas mother an atheist and all I get the usual left wing garbage comebacks like "What makes the difference".

It makes a huge difference because Obama just this week slammed his mom for not being a church going person and went to church this week for the time in 20 months.

He is trying to scam his normal sheep by trying to move to the center and telling everyone how religious he is and shows up at church all of a sudden.

Obama is the liar, its been proven and now he gets caught telling another lie and slams his own mom to make himself look good is sickening.

Follow him little sheep off the cliff because the lame duck idiot has destroyed what party you have left.

He is the gift that keeps on giving.

ANSWER THE THREAD AND STOP SIDE STEPPING THE TOPIC OR DOING THE NORMAL LIBERAL THING AND CHANGE THE SUBJECT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Other links in this thread prove you are wrong. Not to mention you refuse to even respond or acknowledge the point that one can be spiritual without being religious. Why is that such a hard thing to respond to?? oh I guess because admitting to that fact would blow a huge hole in this asinine thread....
Wrong again.

Links do not prove he never said that at all.

In my opinion you cannot be atheist and spiritual at the same time.

And I am allowed to have an opinion.

Stay on topic please.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:49 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Has this ever been found to be a fact?

I have read that she herself on many occasions said she was but does anyone here have any proof that she was in fact an atheist?
Why would it matter?

Last I checked, this country was founded on freedom of thought and religion. /shrug.

I care about her religion about as much as I care about who Britney Spears is dating. Hold about as much importance to society.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
The OP continued today with the same rhetoric even though the actual words have been posted several times. Are there any Mods monitoring this? The thread should have been shut down after the second posting of the actual words. His father was the Atheist.

Why should it be shut down?

I asked a question that is in the headline but the left wingers here want to change the subject because they know Obama tossed his own momma under the bus and used her name to pretend like he is some great Christian religion nut when we all know he is not.

The topic is was his mom and atheist and the links have proven she is.

Personally I think Obama lied to us once again.

Another free pass for the man who lies so much you guys cannot keep track.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Obama just this week slammed his mom for not being a church going person
Wait. I just went and read the comments Obama made about his mom's spirituality. Can you please state where he "slammed" her verbally to anyone?

All I read was that she does not go to church and he does. How is that slamming her?

Old 09-30-2010, 04:06 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
For someone who loathes Obama you sure spend a lot of time thinking about him. Why not be outraged about something that actually matters...it's highly unlikely that him "throwing his mother under the bus and pretending to be some great Christian religion nut" is an impeachable offense

Old 09-30-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
For someone who loathes Obama you sure spend a lot of time thinking about him. Why not be outraged about something that actually matters...it's highly unlikely that him "throwing his mother under the bus and pretending to be some great Christian religion nut" is an impeachable offense
He is a total fake and a liar and people need to know that.

We have a man running our country and we simply cannot trust him for his word.

He has been caught lying over and over and has divided this country like no other.

Just like the loons did for 8 years of the Bush Presidency calling him out for every single thing he did, those on the other side have the right to want to make sure everyone understand just how destructive Obama is to America and our way of life.

The fake Christian talk he just gave a few days ago just shows how he downed his mom for not taking him to church and now he has found religion all of a sudden.

Can you remember that last time he said he was a Christian?

Getting close to election time he is now all of a sudden talking about religion again.

He is a scam artist and cannot be trusted.

Anyone who follows him and does not see what the man really is should be totally ashamed of themselves.

I will never forget his tossing his granny under the bus to make himself look good. Shows just how much heart he has when his granny took him in when his commi mom dumped his sorry butt to run around talking hate about America.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:22 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
He is a total fake and a liar and people need to know that.

We have a man running our country and we simply cannot trust him for his word.

He has been caught lying over and over and has divided this country like no other.

Just like the loons did for 8 years of the Bush Presidency calling him out for every single thing he did, those on the other side have the right to want to make sure everyone understand just how destructive Obama is to America and our way of life.

The fake Christian talk he just gave a few days ago just shows how he downed his mom for not taking him to church and now he has found religion all of a sudden.

Getting close to election time he is now all of a sudden talking about religion again.

He is a scam artist and cannot be trusted.

Anyone who follows him and does not see what the man really is should be totally ashamed of themselves.

I will never forget his tossing his granny under the bus to make himself look good. Shows just how much heart he has when his granny took him in when his commi mom dumped his sorry butt to run around talking hate about America.
Ok well don't you feel better now that you've gotten that off your chest? I hate to break it to you, but I doubt anyone else is that concerned about his mother's religion or lack of religion.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:23 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Do not think so.

The topic and headline is was Obamas mother an atheist and all I get the usual left wing garbage comebacks like "What makes the difference".

It makes a huge difference because Obama just this week slammed his mom for not being a church going person and went to church this week for the time in 20 months.

He is trying to scam his normal sheep by trying to move to the center and telling everyone how religious he is and shows up at church all of a sudden.

Obama is the liar, its been proven and now he gets caught telling another lie and slams his own mom to make himself look good is sickening.

Follow him little sheep off the cliff because the lame duck idiot has destroyed what party you have left.

He is the gift that keeps on giving.

ANSWER THE THREAD AND STOP SIDE STEPPING THE TOPIC OR DOING THE NORMAL LIBERAL THING AND CHANGE THE SUBJECT.

How on earth did you come to the conclusion that Obama was "slamming" his mother when he said she did not go to church? He was merely relating a fact after being asked if he is a Christian. He made no judgment about her not going. NONE WHAT SO EVER. It was said as an explanation for why he came to his Christianity by choice, not by being brought up in a church-going family. He prefaced that statement by saying she was the most spiritual person he knew so I doubt his mother was an atheist. I've never known a spiritual person who didn't believe in a higher power.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 09-30-2010 at 04:33 PM..

Old 09-30-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:

I don't see anywhere that he downed his mom at all. Seriously I looked it up. All he did was say she doesn't go to church much. Why does that mean he's downing her?

"Can you remember that last time he said he was a Christian?"

Why does this matter? Why do conservatives consistantly focus on religion? One would think in a time of war, famine, disease and poverty other things would seem more important than "Wow! Today he said he goes to church and is a good Christian but last year he didn't!! Oh Nooooooo!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies