Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:23 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,599,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
how do we pay the corporate CEO's? are you inferring to the bailouts? Ok, that is something I disagree with too. Otherwise, your post misses the mark.
The disparity between CEO's and average American pay is greater than any time in American history. American low pay is due to corporate robber barons stealing from our mouths and our pockets what we earn and work hard for! The CEO's have a union, its their contract.

20 highest paid CEOs - Jay S. Fishman: $20.1 million (13) - CNNMoney.com

Who in this world is worthy of being paid a kazillion dollars a year just for showing up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 07:27 AM

Census finds record gap between rich and poor | Raw Story

Old 09-30-2010, 07:35 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,711,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
The disparity between CEO's and average American pay is greater than any time in American history. American low pay is due to corporate robber barons stealing from our mouths and our pockets what we earn and work hard for! The CEO's have a union, its their contract.

20 highest paid CEOs - Jay S. Fishman: $20.1 million (13) - CNNMoney.com

Who in this world is worthy of being paid a kazillion dollars a year just for showing up?
ok, I agree that CEO's make too much money. But, who pays them?
What we need to do is get our employment numbers up across the board, and then workers can work where they want.
Who is to blame if I continue to give the bully all my lunch money?

It is both our faults. If I stop giving it to him, then he will have to find someone else to prey on. Once the well dries up, then it is game over for the bully (i.e. CEO's)

Old 09-30-2010, 07:47 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,309,681 times
Quote:
Exactly, the free market does not care about WE THE PEOPLE. And THAT is why Our Founding Fathers created the Constitution, for the PUBLIC GOOD. Single Payer eliminates the MIDDLEMEN, the corporate wealth insurance companies, and pays the PRIVATE SECTOR medical providers of OUR CHOICE (the real American way!)
What other commodity should be a God given right? Food, shelter, an iPhone and/or Kindle? (it's for the children, right?)

Old 09-30-2010, 08:17 AM

59,291 posts, read 27,467,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
greedy, cynical, democrat-voting, union thugs and government "workers" get the gold mine while taxpayers get the shaft.
Having worked for both the private sector and the fed Gov't, I can say you are full of ....

When the economy is booming fed workers are paid less then the private sector. I took a cut in pay when I became a fed employee. In down times the private sector pays less.

Over the long haul the private sector pays more.

Many people go to work for the fed is because of job security.

Many people give up a higher salary for that job security.

All that has nothing to do with elected people. When I first started working on " The Hill", the congressional "perc" book was about 1/8th inch thick. 10 years later it was almost a 1/2 inch thick.

Do I think elected people have too many percs? You bet.

The 2nd best job in the world is a US Congressman. The best job is US Senator.

I don't believe in term limits but, I do believe if we could find a way to eliminate the retirement system for them we wouldn't need term limits.

Our Founding Fathers set up the congressional offices for a reason. The house, 2 years. The average person gives 2 years to your country and then goes home. The Senate was to be comprised of successful businessmen and academias. They could afford 6 years. Then return to their homes.

The system was never designed for life time politicians.

Many companies have as good as or better benefits as the fed Gov't.

Are there some bad Gov't workers? Sure. Just as I'll bet everyone of you knows a bad worker where you work.

Get over it.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 09-30-2010 at 08:28 AM..

Old 09-30-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
What other commodity should be a God given right? Food, shelter, an iPhone and/or Kindle? (it's for the children, right?)
How about mansions? yachts? annual trips to Switzerland? ya know, the commodities that corporate health insurance CEO's get for bilking us (you and me) out of expensive premiums, copays, deductibles, other out pocket expenses for their profits You don't mind supporting their lifestyle at the expense of your own medical care?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:40 AM

YouTube - Profits Before People

Old 09-30-2010, 08:44 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,103,220 times
Finally a topic that both the left and the right can agree on.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:50 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,863,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It's nice to see, even FOS "news", coming to support things like the new Health Care Law. Imagine, American people soon being able to get the same coverage as Congress people.
Here is an example of someone who wants government-run healthcare for herself but not for others!

YouTube - Tea Party's Angle On Govt Health Care

Old 09-30-2010, 08:52 AM

59,291 posts, read 27,467,459 times
Quote:
How about mansions? yachts? annual trips to Switzerland? ya know, the commodities that corporate health insurance CEO's get for bilking us (you and me) out of expensive premiums, copays, deductibles, other out pocket expenses for their profits You don't mind supporting their lifestyle at the expense of your own medical care?
This is still a free country. NO ONE is forcing you to pay these "crooks" as you describe them. You are free to drop your insurance anytime you want.
(Until Obama Care takes hold)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies