Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 09:49 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Democrats have controlled the legislature for forty-five months and the executive for twenty-one months. I think most voters would agree we are presently on the wrong track. Give me a good reason to vote for Democrats in November.
They 're not the Republicans. I think I would rather vote for a coconut or a tub of lard than the Republican which have graced the US for the last few years...

Even as a "*******" I used to find some people from the right worthy of respect but the GOP has turned into a freak show and side circus IMO. The Democrats aren't exactly brilliant either but compared to the current Republicans they are a fragrant patch of heaven...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 11:00 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
The thread is only for the haters, so why bother to post, and there is "why vote for reps" section as well-so-- point is-- the problems we have and who is really going to fix em- what do we need to do as voters to make the deadlock end and have those who we vote for act for the ""people's"" behalf. The politicians forgot people are sufferng across this nation.
As many as 17 million children nationwide are struggling with what is known as food insecurity. To put it another way, one in four children in the country is living without consistent access to enough nutritious food to live a healthy life, according to the study, "Map the Meal Child Food Insecurity 2011." Keep fighting your political wars, while we become a third world country..

Old 07-31-2012, 01:04 PM

831 posts, read 680,667 times
Give me a Republican candidate that believes Americans can be a nation of equals regarding race or color (provided they worked and earned it) and not only for whites, I'll vote for him or her anytime and everytime.

But since this is not the case of late, Dems gets my vote despite disagreeing with some of their policies.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:05 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
Give me a Republican candidate that believes Americans can be a nation of equals regarding race or color (provided they worked and earned it) and not only for whites, I'll vote for him or her anytime and everytime.

But since this is not the case of late, Dems gets my vote despite disagreeing with some of their policies.
What an idiotic statement.

Okay, I'll bite, just for the sake of illustrating the ignorance of your argument:

Provide us with your evidence of a Republican candidate that does NOT believe America should "be a nation of equals regarding race or color". Prove to us that there is a Republican candidate who only promotes equality for white people, but not for people of other skin colors.
It should be easy enough to provide this evidence, since you have stated that this is why you vote democratic.

This is the kind of false stereotypes liberals keep in their hearts, to legitimize their votes for pieces of **** democrats. I mean, if you create this strawman republican that is an evil racist, why not justify voting for Obama, when the alternative is a demonic racist who would push your grandma over a cliff?

Old 07-31-2012, 05:46 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
It's not just that.

He sued AZ to stop them from doing something about illegal aliens when his administration refuses to address the problem.

We still have unemployment over 8% and he refuses to stop illegal immigration!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
You really need to keep up on the illegals issue. This administration has done more to cut the flood than any 4 previous administrations combined. That flood is now just a trickle.

Did his administration sue AZ to prevent them from acting to identify and detain illegal aliens?

Isn't unemployment still over 8%?

Don't illegal aliens take jobs (8 million) that could be filled by Americans?

Don't illegal aliens drive down wages for legal US workers?

The issue isn't how many are still coming.

The issue is how many are still here and the damage their presence does.

The problems AZ and other border states have with Mexican gangs and the crime associated with them isn't due to them continuing to cross the border.

It is that they are here and committing crimes on US soil.

The issue for legal workers in the US isn't that someone is crossing the border to take their job away.

The issue is someone is already here and working at a job that would go to an American were the illegal immigrant not here.

The fat cats you are so fond of would have to pay higher wages to attract American workers were illegals not readily available and willing to work for next to nothing.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:21 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Give me a good reason to vote for Democrats in November.
There are no reasons to vote for Democrats - not even bad reasons.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The largest wave of immigration in history from a single country to the United States has come to a standstill. After four decades that brought 12 million current immigrants—more than half of whom came illegally—the net migration flow from Mexico to the United States has stopped—and may have reversed, according to a new analysis by the Pew Hispanic Center of multiple government data sets from both countries.

The standstill appears to be the result of many factors, including the weakened U.S. job and housing construction markets, heightened border enforcement, a rise in deportations, the growing dangers associated with illegal border crossings, the long-term decline in Mexico’s birth rates and changing economic conditions in Mexico.

And look at these numbers:

Apprehensions of Mexicans trying to cross the border illegally have plummeted by more than 70% in recent years, from more than 1 million in 2005 to 286,000 in 2011—a likely indication that fewer unauthorized immigrants are trying to cross. This decline has occurred at a time when funding in the U.S. for border enforcement—including more agents and more fencing—has risen sharply.

As apprehensions at the border have declined, deportations of unauthorized Mexican immigrants—some of them picked up at work or after being arrested for other criminal violations—have risen to record levels. In 2010, nearly 400,000 unauthorized immigrants—73% of them Mexicans—were deported by U.S. authorities.

Now That Mexican Border is Secure, Will Republicans Stop Blocking Immigration Reform? | Crooks and Liars

I'm sure the unemployed Americans who actually want to work are impressed that one in thirty of the twelve million illegal aliens in the US won't be taking a job from them or driving down prevailing wages for those of us still working.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The thread is only for the haters, so why bother to post, and there is "why vote for reps" section as well-so-- point is-- the problems we have and who is really going to fix em- what do we need to do as voters to make the deadlock end and have those who we vote for act for the ""people's"" behalf. The politicians forgot people are sufferng across this nation.
As many as 17 million children nationwide are struggling with what is known as food insecurity. To put it another way, one in four children in the country is living without consistent access to enough nutritious food to live a healthy life, according to the study, "Map the Meal Child Food Insecurity 2011." Keep fighting your political wars, while we become a third world country..

Food insecurity?

Are kids are the fattest kids on the planet.

Show me a skinny kid living in America who can't manage to get food.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:08 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Reasonable, rational people might want to vote for anyone but the tea party. You know--the anti masturbation, the need for a minimum wage needs to be revisited, social security is unconstitutional, make up stories about beheadings in the desert, (should I go on?) crowd.

I'm frustrated that the Dems haven't spelled out a clear economic plan--but neither have the Rs. I'm not happy with either party on that front, but I think the radical social conservative movement is outright dangerous.
No.... just go. Canada is nice.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
I can't.sorry. Next question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies