Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 01:27 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinyc View Post
Unfortunately I have a feeling the answer is YES
xenophobe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 01:29 PM

527 posts, read 1,020,058 times
The word is: Takeyya" How can we really believe anything?
Provisions for lying in Islam

Most Muslims are familiar with the principles of Islam that will justify lying in situations where they sense the need to do so. Among these are:
  • War is deception.
  • The necessities justify the forbidden.
  • If faced by two evils, choose the lesser of the two.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:30 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,332 times
NY is weak. Life sentence? You wanna see his face for the next 70 years?

If it was up to me, I'd make him eat a stick of lit dynamite and watch him explode from within.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
NY is weak. Life sentence? You wanna see his face for the next 70 years?

If it was up to me, I'd make him eat a stick of lit dynamite and watch him explode from within.
I'm no lib, and I think that the death penalty for a mere attempt is not justified.. He didn't actually kill people. He tried to, but didn't..

Old 10-06-2010, 01:40 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I'm no lib, and I think that the death penalty for a mere attempt is not justified.. He didn't actually kill people. He tried to, but didn't..
Seriously? He tried to kill PEOPLE, and that isn't justified? You want difference between trying and doing when we're talking about taking lives at a mass scale at once?

Old 10-06-2010, 01:43 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,658 times
Denying immigration to everyone from a Muslim nation is not the answer. I believe the vast majority of Muslims in this country do not want to impose sharia law. A lot of Muslims are like a lot of Christians: they celebrate the major religious holidays and follow the basic teachings of their faith, but do not follow every last aspect of their faith. Besides, there are people within the Muslim community that are trying to be faithful Muslims and also good Americans at the same time. I believe it is possible.

However, I do agree with the statement that "political Islam and western civilization are incompatible" There is most definately a minority within the Muslim community in the west who do want the imposition of sharia law and believe in the superiority of the umma over the infidels. Those people should not be allowed to immigrate to ANY western nation. Now, I'm not saying it is easy to tell who is and who is not, but with a long and thorough process and background check, it is possible to root out most of them.

During the Cold War, we allowed the immigration of Soviet dissidents, Jews, and those who were religiously persecuted. However, we would NEVER have allowed the immigration of active Communists that wanted to subvert the west and take over our country from within. It is the same thing with radical Islamists. It is a foreign ideology that is bent on our destruction, and those who believe in it should never be allowed in the west. Let them turn their own countries into an Islamic paradise if they want, but leave us alone.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:45 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
Quote:
So if someone walks up to you, puts a gun to your head, pulls the trigger 5 times but amazing misses all 5 times, should that person get executed?

Old 10-06-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
So if someone walks up to you, puts a gun to your head, pulls the trigger 5 times but amazing misses all 5 times, should that person get executed?
nope. it's attempted murder. Shouldn't be treated like murder becaues I'm still alive.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:53 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Additionally he is worth more alive than dead as long as there is no press coverage of his plee attempts. There are worse things than death. Denying this jihadist the martyrdom he seeks is one.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
During sentencing, he went into rants about how killing americans was the right thing to do. The judge at one point asked him if he swore allegiance to the USA at his naturalization ceremony, and he responded yes, but said he didn't mean it...

BBC News - Times Square bomb plotter sentenced to life in prison
I see life imprisonment as something that may well cause more attacks like his since unless someone is killed in the attempt they get to live out their lives in prison, recruiting more members for al Qaeda, which he certainly will do.

I guess I am saying that we may have to avoid the Constitution to kill people like him to convince others that they may not want to commit the horrible crime he tried to commit.

Maybe we need a law that calls for huge killing attempts like this is enough for a terrorist to get to die for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies