Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 04:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Well, I'll be fair...not all teabaggers are racists, just about 95% of them. Certainly, their hatred of President Obama has its roots in racism..of that there can be little doubt.

The race card... A sure sign of a dirtbagger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 04:26 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Well, I'll be fair...not all teabaggers are racists, just about 95% of them.
Got a source to back up that asinine claim? Didn't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton
Certainly, their hatred of President Obama has its roots in racism..of that there can be little doubt.
Yeah that's got to be it, not because he's that crappiest president in US history.....

Old 10-05-2010, 04:28 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Well, I'll be fair...not all teabaggers are racists, just about 95% of them. Certainly, their hatred of President Obama has its roots in racism..of that there can be little doubt.
Not to mention they are up in arms when Muslims want to build a community center near the 9/11 site.

I've attended one of their rallies. In general, these are elderly, white, high school educated, losers in life, who need a enemy to focus their anger on. They don't have the IQ to understand complex issues. They can't comprehend that they've been duped by forty years of right wing propaganda. Bad mouthing unions, lowering taxes on the rich, supporting this absurd level of military spending, cheering on needless Trillion dollar wars. They fell hook-line-and sinker for political rhetoric designed to divide Americans along cultural and racial lines.

I hope that Defense of Marriage Act keeps them happy while the eat their crap sandwich the GOP is serving them...LOL

Old 10-05-2010, 05:16 PM

888 posts, read 1,186,839 times
I'd say MOST of the Tea Party is NOT racist.
I'd also say that MOST of the 21st century, is BEYOND their comprehension also.

Steve

Old 10-05-2010, 05:29 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
They're BAAAAAAAAAAACK The Republican Party, I mean. Same old thing, by another name.
Repackaged? Revamped? Rejuvenated?
Not so much

New Poll: Tea Party Overwhelmingly Christian And Socially Conservative. : The Two-Way : NPR

"...Third, it is fundamentally a Republican movement. 76 percent identify or lean towards the Republican party..."
your opinion is simply an opinion. Having one doesnt make it correct, it is simply an opinion
oh, I'll take ANY REPUBLICAN available over those idiots you democraps have in there now.

Jez, they actually make Peanut Carter look smart

Old 10-05-2010, 05:30 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Not to mention they are up in arms when Muslims want to build a community center near the 9/11 site.

I've attended one of their rallies. In general, these are elderly, white, high school educated, losers in life, who need a enemy to focus their anger on. They don't have the IQ to understand complex issues. They can't comprehend that they've been duped by forty years of right wing propaganda. Bad mouthing unions, lowering taxes on the rich, supporting this absurd level of military spending, cheering on needless Trillion dollar wars. They fell hook-line-and sinker for political rhetoric designed to divide Americans along cultural and racial lines.

I hope that Defense of Marriage Act keeps them happy while the eat their crap sandwich the GOP is serving them...LOL

Such a classy post with such elegant wording. The conservatives on this board should come running over to your cause any second...... Oh wait, all us white, fat, lazy, inbred republicans are too busy watching nascar and checking out our cousins, right?

Old 10-05-2010, 05:36 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
They're BAAAAAAAAAAACK The Republican Party, I mean. Same old thing, by another name.
Repackaged? Revamped? Rejuvenated?
Not so much

New Poll: Tea Party Overwhelmingly Christian And Socially Conservative. : The Two-Way : NPR

"...Third, it is fundamentally a Republican movement. 76 percent identify or lean towards the Republican party..."
here ya go

Old 10-05-2010, 05:37 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
...the OP's incessant yammering about the tea party
It's a classic defense mechanism. She's afraid of the Tea Party, so she lashes out against it. My bird does the same thing with my cat, and it's just as obvious what's going on.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:49 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
I'd also say that MOST of the 21st century, is BEYOND their comprehension also.
also..also? What was that about comprehension?

Anyway, you might want to re-think that statement. The facts don't back you up.

Tea Party Movement A Political Tsunami, Thanks To Internet - IBD - Investors.com

Old 10-05-2010, 06:00 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
............ The whole movement is nothing more than a bunch of all white racist Republican fundies.
I think there are some folks who would disagree:

Poll: 35% of Black Voters Could Support Tea Party Candidates

Untrue Stereotype?

"Democrats and leftists have attempted to define the Tea Party movement as a collection of angry White bigots. However, the PJTV poll of Black voters shows the wheels on the race card bus are beginning to fall off," said Joe Hicks, the network's host of the Minority Report and a former executive director for the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.

In addition, the poll found that 34 percent of the Black respondents said they publicly supported the Tea Party.

A Black Tea Party Member Speaks - BV Black Spin

As a black conservative and member of the Tea Party, Deneen Borelli (pictured above) says she's been called an "oreo" and an "Uncle Tom."

In fact, according to Borelli, there would be more black people at Tea Party events like Thursday's tax day protests if blacks weren't afraid of the backlash they would receive from family and friends.

Borelli thinks Tea Party members have been unfairly branded as racists when their main concern is promoting individual responsibility and smaller government.

https://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics...ck-Republican/[/LEFT]

'I'm Not the Black Republican'
Scott made it clear that should he make it to Washington, he won't be the "the black Republican."

"I'm going to be a Republican who happens to be black - who will talk about issues that I'm passionate about," he said.

His constituents will be watching to make sure he doesn't just talk the talk, but walks the walk. At that recent Tea Party meeting in Myrtle Beach, one member told Scott, "I want you to do what you said you're going to do for us because we will be watching."

AP discovers that black tea party members exist « Hot Air

Union Thugs Deliver Unprovoked Beating on Black Conservative at Carnahan Town Hall | St. Louis Tea Party (http://stlouisteaparty.com/2009/08/07/union-thugs-deliver-unprovoked-beating-on-black-conservative-at-carnahan-town-hall/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies