Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 07:44 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times

Advertisements

Fascism on the march.

God Bless America.

Quote:
The Iraqi interpreter took to the roof, bullhorn in hand. The sun was setting. Humphrey heard the keen of the call to prayer, then the crackle of the bullhorn with the interpreter answering—in Arabic, then in English for the troops, insulting the prophet. Humphrey’s men loved it. “They were young guys, you know?” says Humphrey. “They were scared.” A Special Forces officer stood next to the interpreter—“a big, tall, blond, grinning type,” says Humphrey.

“Jesus kill Mohammed!” chanted the interpreter. “Jesus kill Mohammed!”
A head emerged from a window to answer, somebody fired on the roof, and the Special Forces man directed a response from an MK-19 grenade launcher. “Boom,” remembers Humphrey. The head and the window and the wall around it disappeared.“Jesus kill Mohammed!” Another head, another shot.
Jesus killed Mohammed: The crusade for a Christian military—By Jeff Sharlet (Harper's Magazine)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 08:00 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Christianity is just as poisonous as Islam. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:12 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
No--Christian EXTREMISTS are just as poisonous as Islamic EXTREMISTS. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:17 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Thanks for posting this archived article from something that happened SIX YEARS AGO. I'll look forward to the OP posting archived articles similarly about Muslim attacks on Christian churches abroad.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:17 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
No--Christian EXTREMISTS are just as poisonous as Islamic EXTREMISTS. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.
Unfortunately those extremists are the Fundies. And in both Islam and Christianity, the Fundies tend to be the driving, destructive, and dangerous to us normal people, force behind both religions..

Old 10-09-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Unfortunately those extremists are the Fundies. And in both Islam and Christianity, the Fundies tend to be the driving, destructive, and dangerous to us normal people, force behind both religions..
And yet this was not "Christian Fundies" featured in the article at all. My, my, ya'll sure do leap to attack anything associated with Christianity even when it is a non-religious group that hides behind the guise of Christianity to do their dirty work.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:31 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And yet this was not "Christian Fundies" featured in the article at all. My, my, ya'll sure do leap to attack anything associated with Christianity even when it is a non-religious group that hides behind the guise of Christianity to do their dirty work.
There's a large Fundamentalist Christian movement within the military. I'm sure you've read articles about it...at least I would assume so.

So when a group like Al Al-Qaeda claims American attacks on Iraq and Afghanistan are nothing more than part of a latter day religious war.... Who are we to say otherwise when the evidence is on their side?

Old 10-09-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
There's a large Fundamentalist Christian movement within the military. I'm sure you've read articles about it...at least I would assume so.

So when a group like Al Al-Qaeda claims American attacks on Iraq and Afghanistan are nothing more than part of a latter day religious war.... Who are we to say otherwise when the evidence is on their side?
I'm not suggesting that what was done was not wrong. I also suspect that those who did this, if they were not killed, were subjected to disciplinary action. My problem is with the misleading thread title and that our army, like our nation, does not fight in the name of God. The army burns bibles that arrive in combat areas to be certain that the wrong message is not sent to to Muslims in the areas of combat as to what the mission is. That's right, I said the army burns bibles and yet not one Christian group is threatening to attack the army based upon their actions. How is that for contrast?

Old 10-09-2010, 09:29 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Thanks for posting this archived article from something that happened SIX YEARS AGO. I'll look forward to the OP posting archived articles similarly about Muslim attacks on Christian churches abroad.
Big difference - The Muslims never joined Amway.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:36 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
Default your getting it wrong

just because people use and abuse Jesus name does not mean Jesus has any thing to do with it , there is nothing in the things Jesus ever taught in scriptures that make any such action or arttitude appropreate.
If I take your credit card and start charging things all over town is that ok with you ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies