Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 04:57 PM

92 posts, read 119,141 times

Advertisements

Hey was that Canadian bacon?......lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I was expecting a mosque to be vandalized this way. I expect it to happen much more. Its a really funny way of making a point .

What would that point be? The only thing it does is prove that some Americans are ignorant, bigoted jerkoffs.

I also fail to see what is so funny about vandalism and hatred directed toward members of a certain religion. I am sure that a lot of Germans thought it was pretty funny when the Jews were subject to pogroms. To now see that same mentality directed toward another religion in my country is sickening.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:04 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
TheLiberalVoice is not a Christian. She's an atheist. She's just not blinded by an irrational hatred of all things Christian like you are. You do realize that people like you are the first ones the Muslims would kill if they got a chance? You aren't even in the 'People of the Book" category that are given a chance to live as a dhimmi. Atheists are given the 'convert or die' speech.
Well then the Muslims are in good company, because there are a lot of christians who'd like to see us dead, too. Gosh isn't that funny?

Old 10-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Sco

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How many Christians stone people to death, cut off noses, hang teenage girls in the public square for getting raped, how many Christians run down their daughters with their cars in the name of Christianity, how many Christians go around and behead people for the fun of it? Until you can answer that honestly, you have no argument there.
A Christian killed a large number of people in OKC.
Another Christian killed a doctor in Kansas.
Remember the Nazis, yeah you guessed it - Christians

Old 10-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Sco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Notice there were no muslims captured, beheaded, and the mosque wasn't firebombed? Yah...there's a bit of a difference.
That is only due to the protection of secular governments in countries with majority Christian populations. If the US had a Christian based theocratic government, extremists would be able to get away with the same sort of atrocities.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:17 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Notice there were no muslims captured, beheaded, and the mosque wasn't firebombed? Yah...there's a bit of a difference.
Oh, well then that makes it all okay! Yay! Free bigotry for everyone!

Old 10-14-2010, 05:20 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Pig and Chump sound more like something a girlfriend would write, personally o love bacon way to much to waste it. I'm thinking the bacon police need to be called. Mmmmmm Bacon

Old 10-14-2010, 07:21 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't think the south discriminates more than the north in 2010.

I think the entire country has issues with some level of discrimination against some group or another.

It's the history that the south has a hard time living down and that history will never be laid to rest when people continue to make comments that it's "the south" that's more biased than any other part of the country. Make sure you don't allow your own discrimination to creep into your assessments because you think conservative automatically equals bigot.
Why is it that these threads involve the South more than any other region on CD? It seems like 3/4 of these discrimination threads against minorities, gays and Muslims occur in the South. Sorry, I don't see that as a coincidence.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:25 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Old trick. The Southern Christians pulled crap like that on my family and I in the late 90s. We found bacon in our mailbox.

Really wonderful people, these Christians. And they wonder why minority religions really aren't big fans. Particularly when they gloat about how funny and witty these people are.

What would Jesus do? I guess that morality (or, you know, any morality) is lost on many so called "Christians" today.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:36 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Except you can't name any places ruled by the 'iron hand of other religions' in the past century, can you?
The American South is ruled by Christian Evangelicals. There are instances where gay students were discriminated against and banned from prom. There are several instances where schools in the South have promoted Christian prayer in school. States like Texas have endorsed policy that teaches Creationism. Anyone who has lived in the South can tell you that it has little tolerance for other faiths and Secularism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies