Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 12:55 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I guess you don't get out much, but you don't have to...There are lots of young earth believers right here on City Data.
Yep, Bill's gotta get out more. You can go to a creations museum and ride the dinosaurs like our forefathers did 5000 years ago. of course, that might only be in enlightened places like Kentucky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 12:56 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Recently there's been a wave of threads mocking Christians who believe in creationism or intelligent design, utilizing the usual tactics of the leftist playbook, calling us dumb, ignorant, "against science", etc; yet according to all polls over 75% of Americans believe that a creator was involved in the formation of the earth. The irony is no one was there so it's faith either way. I happen to believe that it takes a lot more faith to believe that earth was created out of random coincidental happenstance as opposed to the hand of a brilliant creator. Leftists, why do you love evolution so much?

So conservatives don't believe in evolution? When did this happen?

Old 07-17-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
So conservatives don't believe in evolution? When did this happen?
Like forever. Well a majority don't believe. Majority of Republicans Doubt Theory of Evolution

Old 07-17-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Like forever. Well a majority don't believe. Majority of Republicans Doubt Theory of Evolution

Well according to your cite, 40% of Democrats do no believe in Evolution. What is being taught in schools these days. How is this even possible. I always knew there were ignorant posters on CD, but I had no idea that the ignorance was so wide spread.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well according to your cite, 40% of Democrats do no believe in Evolution. What is being taught in schools these days. How is this even possible. I always knew there were ignorant posters on CD, but I had no idea that the ignorance was so wide spread.
Sure appears there a a great divide between the GOP and everyone else.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:53 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Recently there's been a wave of threads mocking Christians who believe in creationism or intelligent design, utilizing the usual tactics of the leftist playbook, calling us dumb, ignorant, "against science", etc; yet according to all polls over 75% of Americans believe that a creator was involved in the formation of the earth. The irony is no one was there so it's faith either way. I happen to believe that it takes a lot more faith to believe that earth was created out of random coincidental happenstance as opposed to the hand of a brilliant creator. Leftists, why do you love evolution so much?

Righties, why do you think you have a lock on Christianity, or religion in general?

In reality, you don"t.

..I'm a christian, born again and baptised, and OMG!!!! I'm a leftie. AND, I believe God put the ability to evolve in every living thing.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Sure appears there a a great divide between the GOP and everyone else.
Well I agree it is higher on the Republican side, and that is to be expected with all of the fundies over there, but I was surprised by the 30% of democrats.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:26 PM

170 posts, read 203,497 times
Evolution is theory nothing more. It can be proved wrong in the near future. So no I don't believe in evolution.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:30 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times
Sigh. (Again) offering a (possible) way out of this (needless) argument....

God is Why.

Evolution is How.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:32 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,394,115 times
Quote:
Because it's provable scientific fact,

Read and understand: Science is not governed by polls.

Denying scientific fact is dumb and ignorant. If that isn't ignorance, what is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies