Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Now if you are not a Christian please don't open either of these links because you won't like to see what is in them. However, if you are a Christian but don't like Bush maybe you need to open and read them. The Urban Legends link tells the story as it happened and the Snopes link includes Bruce Vincent's article with their judgement. According to Vincent, Bush turned out to be much better as a human being than he expected him to have been.

Bruce Vincent in the Oval Office - Netlore Archive

snopes.com: Bruce Vincent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 02:01 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
I'm not sure why non-Christians wouldn't like the link. As for the Snopes thing, they have verified that he was there at the event - but unless they talk to Bush, there's no way to verify the private moment. If that part is indeed totally true, then it sounds like Bush had a heart and compassion from one man of faith to another. *shrug* I don't see the big deal.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I'm not sure why non-Christians wouldn't like the link. As for the Snopes thing, they have verified that he was there at the event - but unless they talk to Bush, there's no way to verify the private moment. If that part is indeed totally true, then it sounds like Bush had a heart and compassion from one man of faith to another. *shrug* I don't see the big deal.
He's just trying to bait people, that's all.

I though Pres. Bush was an idiot, personally...but I also think it could have been a lot worse. I still have respect for him, as he was a duly elected President...but that doesn't mean I have to like him

Old 10-21-2010, 02:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
See what JJ said right behind you? I tried to not have any atheists or other non-Christians getting their feelings hurt by warning them and look what happened. I got accused of baiting.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:34 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Bush turned out to be much better as a human being than he expected him to have been.
What kind of "much better human being" violates international treaties and commits torture?

Old 10-21-2010, 02:58 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Worst ever

The man had the benefit of hindsight, more than any previous president. Yet he was given a surplus and turned it into a record deficit. He largely ignored the entire domestic agenda so he could attempt to nation-build in the Middle East. This while ignoring greater atrocities in Africa and the rise of domestic terrorism (street gangs) at home. He had no clue concerning civil rights and promoted racial insensitivity, which is why the people who comprise the bigoted tea party movement were silent during his reign. This country is still reeling from the stench that was the "Contract with America" that he and the Neocons represented.

He couldn't get past Reagan's stupid "trickle-down" economic theory, and during his two terms, executives grew richer with their excessive perks, inferior products, and preference for cheap foreign labor. Millions of qualified americans displaced, forced to find new careers. He did nothing to deal with illegal immigration and promoted H-1B visas. He lied to go to war, lied about the progress of it. He was a liar. Our European allies once said that he was a man who was "frighteningly ignorant." Republicans shoved this guy on this nation, a village idiot who thinks "dreams take wing."

Bush the worst ever...a Republican!

Old 10-21-2010, 03:04 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
Bush was great for most of the time in office. In the last two years when the Democrats took over congress I think he compromised too much with them and didn't issue enough vetos. My only complaint about Bush is that he didn't prosecute the war against Islamic Jihadists hard enough. Calling them a 'religion of peace' was the greatest disservice he did to our country. On social issues I give him an A+. On fiscal issues I give him a C- because he expanded government way too much. Of course, with every day of the current Obamanation in office Bush looks better and better, not just ot me but to the whole country. By the end of Obama's term we'll probably be rady to erect a statue to Bush.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:11 PM

590 posts, read 555,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Bush was great for most of the time in office. In the last two years when the Democrats took over congress I think he compromised too much with them and didn't issue enough vetos. My only complaint about Bush is that he didn't prosecute the war against Islamic Jihadists hard enough. Calling them a 'religion of peace' was the greatest disservice he did to our country. On social issues I give him an A+. On fiscal issues I give him a C- because he expanded government way too much. Of course, with every day of the current Obamanation in office Bush looks better and better, not just ot me but to the whole country. By the end of Obama's term we'll probably be rady to erect a statue to Bush.
LOL, even Clinton still looks better than Obamanation!

Old 10-21-2010, 03:20 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,100 times
Bush was fine as a person. I've often thought - and said - that he would make a good neighbor and a good friend.

As President? Let's put it this way. I don't think this country was truly ready for anything other than a white dude as President in '08, but Bush and his merry men were so godawful that they made it possible for a black man or a white woman to be elected President (it was going to be one or the other - whoever won the Democratic nomination).

History will not treat Bush kindly.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:26 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
The man had the benefit of hindsight, more than any previous president. Yet he was given a surplus and turned it into a record deficit. He largely ignored the entire domestic agenda so he could attempt to nation-build in the Middle East. This while ignoring greater atrocities in Africa and the rise of domestic terrorism (street gangs) at home. He had no clue concerning civil rights and promoted racial insensitivity, which is why the people who comprise the bigoted tea party movement were silent during his reign. This country is still reeling from the stench that was the "Contract with America" that he and the Neocons represented.

He couldn't get past Reagan's stupid "trickle-down" economic theory, and during his two terms, executives grew richer with their excessive perks, inferior products, and preference for cheap foreign labor. Millions of qualified americans displaced, forced to find new careers. He did nothing to deal with illegal immigration and promoted H-1B visas. He lied to go to war, lied about the progress of it. He was a liar. Our European allies once said that he was a man who was "frighteningly ignorant." Republicans shoved this guy on this nation, a village idiot who thinks "dreams take wing."

Bush the worst ever...a Republican!
Thanks for the laugh! Next time, try to post something accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies