Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 09:37 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Actually one of the beautiful things about our country is that we can criticize the president if that's what we want. It's a freedom that a lot of countries do not allow their citizenry. Criticizing the president doesn't make an American any less of a citizen, even if others disagree with the opinion of the one making the criticisms. It's against what the USA stands for if we were to tell every citizen that doesn't agree with our government to 'get out'.
I know. I still wonder with people who might spend hours online criticizing the president: what are they doing in the US? I understand it is their citizen's right to complain, but in this cyber era, it just seems really sketchy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 09:51 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
I know. I still wonder with people who might spend hours online criticizing the president: what are they doing in the US? I understand it is their citizen's right to complain, but in this cyber era, it just seems really sketchy.
Well, thankfully if they're sitting in their basement eating Cheetos, swigging Jolt, and whining about the government, they're not going to have much time for any shenanigans elsewhere.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:04 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Mr Hussein Obama, who are you? Almost 2 years have gone by and what have you done? Everything you have done so far failed, you have spent more money than any other president in history, for what? I am sorry, Mr Hussein but you are not getting reelected in 2012, you are NOTHING to write home about!
Why do you omit his first name?

Old 10-16-2010, 10:06 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
Why do you omit his first name?
No one knows for sure what it really is.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
No one knows for sure what it really is.
It is Barack.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
It is Barack.
Where did you get that information?

Old 10-16-2010, 10:19 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Actually one of the beautiful things about our country is that we can criticize the president if that's what we want. It's a freedom that a lot of countries do not allow their citizenry. Criticizing the president doesn't make an American any less of a citizen, even if others disagree with the opinion of the one making the criticisms. It's against what the USA stands for if we were to tell every citizen that doesn't agree with our government to 'get out'.
Yeah, that's true. But no matter how you cut the mustard, it's still rude.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Where did you get that information?
These insinuations are becoming tiresome and boring.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:43 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Mr Hussein Obama, who are you? Almost 2 years have gone by and what have you done? Everything you have done so far failed, you have spent more money than any other president in history, for what? I am sorry, Mr Hussein but you are not getting reelected in 2012, you are NOTHING to write home about!
Another victory for the world's greatest propaganda ministry.

You should know, if you read the U.S. Constitution, that the president is the highest ranking servant, executing the laws enacted BY CONGRESS. And that he has NO AUTHORITY to spend except that which CONGRESS gave him. And that all blame for the current and past fiascoes must lie with CONGRESS, who controls the budget, enacts the legislation, and so forth.

If I am wrong, please direct me to the appropriate clause in the Constitution and I shall be corrected.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Another victory for the world's greatest propaganda ministry.

You should know, if you read the U.S. Constitution, that the president is the highest ranking servant, executing the laws enacted BY CONGRESS. And that he has NO AUTHORITY to spend except that which CONGRESS gave him. And that all blame for the current and past fiascoes must lie with CONGRESS, who controls the budget, enacts the legislation, and so forth.

If I am wrong, please direct me to the appropriate clause in the Constitution and I shall be corrected.

Well, the prez DOES have veto power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies