Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 07:03 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,509,755 times

Advertisements

If Obama keeps going on his downward trajectory, will Hillary move to distance herself by resigning as Secretary of State within the next 2 years? I suspect she's at least beginning to regret ever taking the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 07:08 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Who? I haven't heard from Hillary in months...

Old 10-17-2010, 08:09 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
She said when she took the job that it would only be for one term. Don't read anything into it if/when she resigns in the next two years.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:15 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
People in her position (SoS) don't typically remain for more than one term, regardless of party. It's a very stressful and time consuming position that requires extensive travel.

If I were her though, I would distance myself as much as possible in the interim. I don't really think many people really view her as an extension of Obama and his clown crew in DC, although her husband has backed him up on several occasions. I never thought I would say this, but I think she has a lot more class than Obama.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:46 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,015 times
She has distanced herself as much as possible without alienating the party. If she had remained in the Senate she would have to support his unpopular policies. As SOS she has more flexibility - if the policies had been more popular she could have done some cheerleading. As it is she can let Obama slog into the campaign mud while she remains "above politicking" and avoids the taint of supporting losers. It's hard to see how she could have positioned herself better to take advantage of every eventuality.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:55 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times
Had you not heard? Actually, Hillary and Biden are considering switching jobs for the 2012 Presidential race, Obama/Clinton

Old 10-18-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Had you not heard? Actually, Hillary and Biden are considering switching jobs for the 2012 Presidential race, Obama/Clinton
Biden as SoS??? Lord, save us all.

Hillary is way to smart to get dragged down by that idiot Obama. It'll never happen. And just because there's political speculation that Hillary may take Biden's place does NOT mean that she's actually considering it.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:14 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times
Bob Woodward: Hillary Clinton as VP is 'on the table' - Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com

Old 10-18-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
[LEFT]Woodward did not offer any evidence that the idea is under consideration by either Obama or Clinton. A senior administration official said that any suggestion of replacing Biden with the secretary of state is totally off base.

Read more: Bob Woodward: Hillary Clinton as VP is 'on the table' - Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com
[/LEFT]
M'hmm

Old 10-18-2010, 07:49 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default Hillary knows whitewater, Vince and Sanger

Obama has been distancing from Hillary. He has kept Hillary on ice and the technology to resusitate the cryogenically preserved has not yet been perfected.

Hillary was a viable candidate in the last election and she will raise up supporters from the masses but Obama has poisoned the waters for their style and direction of government.

I would hope the nation has learned their lesson and will no longer cast their vote to achieve a new record in the Guiness Book of World Records.

Hillary's lurid past; Whitewater, Vince's death, healthcare and her devotion to her hero Margret Sanger, the racist, show her to be same, same but different from Obama. Perhaps Obama-lite. Right now that is not going to buy you a cheap cup of coffee.

If Hillary started running 2 years ago, she couldn't distance herself far enough from association with Obama.

Her presidency would demonstrate to the world what a colossal error Obama's election had been. The pretender has been vanquished and the rightful candidate put in place. Obama and Hillary are locked in a death spiral with no positive outcome except for the future of the American people.

The electorate is about to excise a tumor and will remove all surrounding tissue to ensure the health of the patient.

If Hillary did get elected, her first order of business would be the removal of the rug where Bill and Monica once stood in rapture and for secrect service to keep Bill from ever entering that room again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies