Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 12:43 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Advertisements

This guy takes the cake!! He is so full of himself that he couldn't possibly imagine that HE is being soundly rejected!! We just doing know what we're dong out here! We're stupid. I HAVE NEVER HEARD A SITTING PRESIDENT SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT .....EVEN ON HIS WORSE DAY. We're all just a bunch of numb skulls!! He's the smartest guy in the room.

Obama: Voters 'Scared,' Not Thinking Clearly About Election - FoxNews.com

Quote:
Obama: Voters 'Scared,' Not Thinking Clearly About Election[/quote

Americans are so "scared" they're not thinking straight about the upcoming elections, President Obama said over the
, as he sought to explain why voters are turning to Republican candidates.

The president, speaking at several rallies and fundraisers as part of his final get-out-the-vote stretch, said Republican candidates are "playing on fear" and suggested voters are falling for it. He said Americans have every reason to be worried, but lamented that "facts" aren't doing his any good this year.

People out there are still hurting very badly, and they are still scared. And so part of the reason that our politics seems so tough right now, and facts and science and argument does not seem to be winning the day all the time, is because we're hard-wired not to always think clearly when we're scared," Obama said at a Democratic fundraiser Saturday in . "And the country is scared, and they have good reason to be."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 12:46 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
This guy takes the cake!! He is so full of himself that he couldn't possibly imagine that HE is being soundly rejected!! We just doing know what we're dong out here! We're stupid. I HAVE NEVER HEARD A SITTING PRESIDENT SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT .....EVEN ON HIS WORSE DAY. We're all just a bunch of numb skulls!! He's the smartest guy in the room.

Obama: Voters 'Scared,' Not Thinking Clearly About Election - FoxNews.com
Typical Leftie. You're a moron with a clouded brain if you don't vote Democrat. Funny too Obama was the last straw for me when I left the Democrats and re-registered as Republican last year (I would register independent but PA has closed primaries)

Old 10-19-2010, 04:13 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Typical Leftie. You're a moron with a clouded brain if you don't vote Democrat. Funny too Obama was the last straw for me when I left the Democrats and re-registered as Republican last year (I would register independent but PA has closed primaries)

This guy is a piece o' work.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:26 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Jimmy Carter-style denial will get him nowhere. I figured his handlers would have told him that by now.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:29 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Obama is dangerous. When a "leader" believes he knows what is best and goes against the people it is a clear warning. He is so arrogant and deluded.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:48 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
He is the Condescender-in-Chief.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
I think this piece sums up the arrogance of the worse president ever.

RealClearPolitics - Obama Shouldn't Dismiss Voter Concern

Quote:
Though there is plenty of competition, these are some of the most arrogant words ever uttered by an American president.

Do they realize the tremendous mistake they have made, tying their political fortunes to a leader who makes Michael Dukakis, Al Gore and John Kerry look like prairie populists in comparison?
Yes, nothing but fear and anxiety is driving the vote against his unpopular agenda. If only we could reason and rational the way obama does, we would see the light.

Yes, it's all just too, too complicated for us to understand.

As the author says, obama might not think we can reason, but we certainly CAN vote.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:58 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
The President feels it is more valuable to be informed as opposed to being frightened. It helps the thinking process.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:58 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Jimmy Carter-style denial will get him nowhere. I figured his handlers would have told him that by now.

I've got a button that I wear proudly on my jacket. It says, "And We Thought Carter Sucks". Underneath it is the Obama "O", crossed out. I get a lot of compliments on it.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I've got a button that I wear proudly on my jacket. It says, "And We Thought Carter Sucks". Underneath it is the Obama "O", crossed out. I get a lot of compliments on it.
Must be a nice jacket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies