Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:47 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

Well...

He could have suicide over anything.

It's like the rash of people going bananas back in the 70's/80's because they listened to an Iron Maiden/Led Zeppelin album backward.

It's ridiculous.

When people stop playing the blame game and take ACTUAL RESPONSIBILITY for their OWN PERSONAL ACTIONS AND THEIR LIVES we will all be much better off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Well...

He could have suicide over anything.

It's like the rash of people going bananas back in the 70's/80's because they listened to an Iron Maiden/Led Zeppelin album backward.

It's ridiculous.

When people stop playing the blame game and take ACTUAL RESPONSIBILITY for their OWN PERSONAL ACTIONS AND THEIR LIVES we will all be much better off!
So the gay people that have recently killed themselves could have done it over anything? Are you suggesting people shouldn't get concerned about it?

Old 10-20-2010, 10:55 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
So the gay people that have recently killed themselves could have done it over anything? Are you suggesting people shouldn't get concerned about it?
Personally, I'm suggesting that anyone who considers Worldnet Daily as a reputable source isn't playing with a full deck.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:58 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Personally, I'm suggesting that anyone who considers Worldnet Daily as a reputable source isn't playing with a full deck.
Do a google search on it. I'm sure you can find others. I just posted the first. But I get the feeling you don't much care for truth.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:32 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Do a google search on it. I'm sure you can find others. I just posted the first. But I get the feeling you don't much care for truth.
Hey guess what...the kid ate a hamburger the day before he killed himself. Let's all blame McDonald's! No, wait, he slept in a bed the night before he killed himself, IT'S THE MATTRESS COMPANY'S FAULT!

You see how silly that is? Just because a suicidal kid read a book, doesn't mean the book or the book's author are responsible. You're just jumping all over it because you have a vendetta against atheism, and you are gullible enough to swallow what a sensationalist rag like WND tells you is "truth".

Old 10-20-2010, 11:38 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Suicide is always a concern; whether your gay, straight,
fat, skinny, ugly, beautiful, depressed, bipolar..... especially with young people. No one knows what triggers the "final conclusion" these folks come to. I simply don't think it is just one facet of their lives. Mostly, those around them, don't even know they are that off the deep end.

But I am surprised by the gay backlash - bullying at school campuses. I thought it was getting better. Heard the phrase: Why They Call Yale the "Gay Ivy". When, and why the drastic change?

Let me guess, new wave of evangelical political wisdom.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:46 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I love Dawkins, his writing are right on the money!
Wasn't he the guy who hosted Family Feud??

Old 10-20-2010, 12:01 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Suicide is always a concern; whether your gay, straight,
fat, skinny, ugly, beautiful, depressed, bipolar..... especially with young people. No one knows what triggers the "final conclusion" these folks come to. I simply don't think it is just one facet of their lives. Mostly, those around them, don't even know they are that off the deep end.

But I am surprised by the gay backlash - bullying at school campuses. I thought it was getting better. Heard the phrase: Why They Call Yale the "Gay Ivy". When, and why the drastic change?

Let me guess, new wave of evangelical political wisdom.
I have NEVER heard anyone make a comment about Yale being a "gay" Ivy league university. Ever.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:06 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,541 times
Dawkins is a genius and writes absolutely phenomenal books that are filled with facts and awesome research! If morons got something banned everytime an idiot did something dumb with it, there would be nothing left on the planet.

Let me think off the top of my head what would be banned by now: Rock music, Rap music, board games, tobacco, alcohol, trucks (probably all vehicles though), no more cable television or radio, anything considered a weapon including baseball bats and hockey sticks (so no more sports of anykind), all tools would be outlawed, no more computers or internet (you wouldn't be posting this crap right now), no more phones including cell phones, all video games would be banned, somebody probably died from getting hit with a guitar so all music is also ruled illegal now, no more having dogs, writing utencils are probably out (somebody lost an eye), no more boats (people drown off them all the time), on and on, etc... until infinity.

See how stupid the concept is of getting something banned because someone with phsychological and mental issues does something stupid? If I ate a piece of cheese right now and choked on it, then died, would it make sense to you if cheese were made illegal?

Old 10-20-2010, 12:13 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I have NEVER heard anyone make a comment about Yale being a "gay" Ivy league university. Ever.
Really - it's quite gay

One in Four, Maybe More? (yale gays) - College Confidential
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies