Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 02:46 PM

434 posts, read 409,384 times

Advertisements

You better think again! The tide is turning away from the progressive ideology and subterfuge:

Is The Tea Party Racist?

YouTube - Tea Party Racism??

YouTube - TEA PARTY RACISM: What The Media Won't Show You About Teabagger Racism

Progressives Attack Tea Party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 03:14 PM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Exerps from an article from Clarence page. Certainly NOT a conservative.
www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-oped-0418page-20100418,0,7312394.col (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-oped-0418page-20100418,0,7312394.col - broken link)

"
Clarence Page
April 18, 2010

I attended the tea party movement's Tax Day rally near the White House in the way that Mick Jagger in an old Rolling Stones tune "went down to the demonstration to get my fair share of abuse."

"Be careful," warned a liberal friend, sounding as though she feared I would be cursed, spat upon and called the N-word as I was pummeled to the ground.

After all, if you judge the movement by much of its news coverage, I am what the tea partiers are supposed to hate. I am black. I work in what Rush Limbaugh calls the "lame-stream media." I don't think President Barack Obama's health care overhaul is a "government takeover" of health care.

Yet I am happy to report that I was not abused."

"But there were normal people there, too. For example, I met Fred Groat, a retired business executive who lives on Chicago's North Side and is "surrounded by lakefront liberals."

"As much as media portray the tea party as something new, spontaneous political movements have been springing up, making noise for a few years, then fading away since before the founding of the Republic —except this one happened to be ignited by a black president.

That makes it easy to suspect the tea party movement is racist, especially if you have an elastic definition of racism. But polls and conversations with tea partiers confirm my suspicion that race brings a teeny cup to the party."

"Yet, despite their rightward leanings, the CBS/New York Times poll found tea party supporters were not totally hostile to government. More than 60 percent said they think Social Security and Medicare are worth the cost to taxpayers, most send their children to public schools and most describe the amount they paid in taxes this year as "fair." You wouldn't guess that from what speakers were saying at their rallies."

Old 04-21-2010, 03:14 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Default Is the tea party racist?

The Tea Party may not be. But it's obvious that more than a few of the teabaggers are.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:17 PM

897 posts, read 1,689,353 times
No that's media trying to tear down a movement they don't agree with. I think some if not most of those people are plants from the Democratic Party and Labor Unions trying to make the Tea Party People look as bad as they can.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:19 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,321,155 times
You can't have hundreds of racist signs month after month after month and not admit that there is a whole lot of racism at tea bagger events.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:19 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
No that's media trying to tear down a movement they don't agree with. I think some if not most of those people are plants from the Democratic Party and Labor Unions trying to make the Tea Party People look as bad as they can.

right....

NOT racist

Just a lib masquerading as a wingnut.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:20 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Not all tea baggers are racist, but all racists (against non-whites, I must specify since racists come in other colors too) are likely either a part of, or vehement supporter of teabagging movement.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:22 PM

897 posts, read 1,689,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Not all tea baggers are racist, but all racists (against non-whites, I must specify since racists come in other colors too) are likely either a part of, or vehement supporter of teabagging movement.

Just call them Tea Party people,using that Sexual innuendo(tea bagging or tea baggers) is rediculous and childish.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:23 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
The Tea Party may not be. But it's obvious that more than a few of the teabaggers are.
Teabaggers are racist?? No self-respecting teabagger would get near a Tea Party Rally. Besides they're too busy protesting Obama's failure to do away with DADT.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:39 PM

434 posts, read 409,384 times
I see the obvious division here caused by the progressive media and progressive politicians. It is too bad that the real issues, and concerns are being wrapped up in this type of subterfuse where we will continue to be divided to the point of our over all enslavement to tyranny. We are on the edge of this now, and many now realize how we got here, and what has to be done to reverse it. Tea Parties were long over due. Check out the last link I posted in the above, and then follow the other linkes I posted in that thread, and you will find a lot of information on where our Country is politically and economically, and you will understand why the American people are out protesting the policies, practices, and the progressive transformation of our gov't and communities....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies