Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 12:20 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

John Boehner talking about character?
Priceless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 12:20 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
It is time to stop this terrible administration! Government needs to stop trying to run our lives. Obama's narcissist attitude and attempt to label anyone who does not agree with him 'enemy' is unbelievable.

Boehner Shines Media Spotlight on Johnson (http://business-journal.com/boehner-shines-media-spotlight-on-johnson-p17832-1.htm - broken link)
Empty hyperbole.

I've yet to see government sticking their nose into my life. I have seen the GOP endlessly try and suppress homosexuals, Mexican cleaning ladies, and Muslim Americans, whilst telling women what they should do with their bodies however.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:23 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Empty hyperbole.

I've yet to see government sticking their nose into my life. I have seen the GOP endlessly try and suppress homosexuals, Mexican cleaning ladies, and Muslim Americans, whilst telling women what they should do with their bodies however.
Mexican cleaning ladies. You're a riot! Did you know she was illegal and it was the Democrats that outed her? Were you aware of that or is HuffPo telling a different story?

Old 11-01-2010, 12:25 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
What a surprise: The presumed future speaker taking pot shots at the President of the opposition party! Newt never did this, did he?

Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
I've never seen the words "Boehner" and "great" used together ... unless it was about his tan.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:30 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Mexican cleaning ladies. You're a riot! Did you know she was illegal and it was the Democrats that outed her? Were you aware of that or is HuffPo telling a different story?

The lefties do not see anything that actually happens. Their rose tinted 'hope and change' glasses block their view.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:32 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That is not a reference to any story in particular, other than your everyday garden variety type of hatred for anybody brown. Usually the GOP types beat up on the least among us, and that would be a good example. One of many actually...Either way as usual you miss the point. While all the GOP bed-wetters cry about the imaginary intrusion of O's government prying into their lives, they are the ones suppressing the rights of Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I've never seen the words "Boehner" and "great" used together ... unless it was about his tan.
Well I wouldn't associate that word with his "tan" either...

Old 11-01-2010, 12:33 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
It is time to stop this terrible administration! Government needs to stop trying to run our lives. Obama's narcissist attitude and attempt to label anyone who does not agree with him 'enemy' is unbelievable.

Boehner Shines Media Spotlight on Johnson (http://business-journal.com/boehner-shines-media-spotlight-on-johnson-p17832-1.htm - broken link)
I am not a fan of the word "enemy", and I do realize this is in response to the conservative ad telling Latinos to stay home from the voting polls:
“If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.”

President Obama's poor choice of words was in response to publicly known ad by conservatives intimidating Latinos to stay home and not vote. This is beyond the pale, for Americans to do that to any American. Voting is the CORNERSTONE of the Constitution, the building block of any and all Americans' rights. It is the reason Our Founding Fathers fought and died for our freedoms.

For this criticism of President Obama's words to come from the right is excrutiatingly painfully hypocrital or laughable, not sure which. The right has been using downright violent rhetoric speech for months now, gun site cross hairs symbols, actual guns and targets in campaign ads, and threat speech to 'take out' Democratic opponents, etc.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:36 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
That is not a reference to any story in particular, other than your everyday garden variety type of hatred for anybody brown. Usually the GOP types beat up on the least among us, and that would be a good example. One of many actually...Either way as usual you miss the point. While all the GOP bed-wetters cry about the imaginary intrusion of O's government prying into their lives, they are the ones suppressing the rights of Americans.

Well I wouldn't associate that word with his "tan" either...
Oh, so you're saying the GOP doesn't like legal citizens who clean houses?

Imaginary intrusion? Banning everything under the sun that THEY don't like? You call that imaginary?

Old 11-01-2010, 12:36 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
I am not a fan of the word "enemy", and I do realize this is in response to the conservative ad telling Latinos to stay home from the voting polls:
“If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.”

President Obama's poor choice of words was in response to publicly known ad by conservatives intimidating Latinos to stay home and not vote. This is beyond the pale, for Americans to do that to any American. Voting is the CORNERSTONE of the Constitution, the building block of any and all Americans' rights.

For this criticism of President Obama's words to come from the right is excrutiatingly painfully hypocrital or laughable, not sure which. The right has been using downright violent rhetoric speech for months now, gun site cross hairs symbols, actual guns and targets in campaign ads, and threat speech to 'take out' Democratic opponents, etc.
Oh PLEASE. The black panthers are already out in full force. The left is the definition of hypocritcal and un ethical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies