Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 04:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,182,122 times

Advertisements

I have to wonder if liberals have a comprehension issue...

He was specificially ASKED about the West comment.. So why would he respond with Katrina, 9.11, Iraq?
http://www.9news.com/life/entertainm...1581&catid=343

MATT LAUER:
About a week after the storm hit NBC aired a telethon asking for help for the victims of Katrina. We had celebrities coming in to ask for money. And I remember it vividly because I hosted it. And at one part of the evening I introduced Kanye West. Were you watching?

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH:
Nope.

MATT LAUER:
You remember what he said?

Yes, I do. He called me a racist.

MATT LAUER:
Well, what he said, "George Bush doesn't care about black people."

That's - "he's a racist." And I didn't appreciate it then. I don't appreciate it now. It's one thing to say, "I don't appreciate the way he's handled his business." It's another thing to say, "This man's a racist." I resent it, it's not true, and it was one of the most disgusting moments in my presidency.

MATT LAUER:
This from the book. "Five years later I can barely write those words without feeling disgust." You go on. "I faced a lot of criticism as president. I didn't like hearing people claim that I lied about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction or cut taxes to benefit the rich. But the suggestion that I was racist because of the response to Katrina represented an all time low."

Yeah. I still feel that way as you read those words. I felt 'em when I heard 'em, felt 'em when I wrote 'em and I felt 'em when I'm listening to 'em.

MATT LAUER:
You say you told Laura at the time it was the worst moment of your Presidency?

Yes. My record was strong I felt when it came to race relations and giving people a chance. And - it was a disgusting moment.

MATT LAUER:
I wonder if some people are going to read that, now that you've written it, and they might give you some heat for that. And the reason is this-

Don't care.

MATT LAUER:
Well, here's the reason. You're not saying that the worst moment in you're presidency was watching the misery in Louisiana. You're saying it was when someone insulted you because of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 04:52 PM

Typical left wingers.. take quotes out of context, cut them up, reword them, and then call the statements that were not said, all sorts of hateful names based upon the lies that made up yourself...

Bush was right on.. but continue with your hate left wingers...

Old 11-03-2010, 04:53 PM

45,250 posts, read 26,493,925 times
Misquoted and out of context, but by all means continue your vitriol.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,968,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Misquoted and out of context, but by all means continue your vitriol.
The vitriol is really ramped up today. They are bitter about the election results. Give the poor liberals some cheese with their .

Old 11-03-2010, 04:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,306,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
exactly.

AN all time low, not THE all time low.

why did you make up that quote?
How many "all time lows" can a person have?

From the link, and this is a direct quote:
Lauer quotes from Bush’s new book: “Five years later I can barely write those words without feeling disgust.” Lauer adds, “You go on: ‘I faced a lot of criticism as president. I didn’t like hearing people claim that I lied about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction or cut taxes to benefit the rich. But the suggestion that I was racist because of the response to Katrina represented an all-time low.

What do the words "all time low" suggest to you?
Would you have many "all time" lows in your life?

What quote did he make up?
I copied this straight from the article.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:58 PM

45,250 posts, read 26,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The vitriol is really ramped up today. They are bitter about the election results. Give the poor liberals some cheese with their .
Yeah all the leg tingles have turned into cramps

Old 11-03-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Liberals and the Huffington Post who has to keep lying and twisting statements have reached a record of "all time lows".. Seriously, how can you guys keep reading "news" sources that LIE to you about what was said?
Quote:
Lauer quotes from Bush’s new book: “Five years later I can barely write those words without feeling disgust.” Lauer adds, “You go on: ‘I faced a lot of criticism as president. I didn’t like hearing people claim that I lied about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction or cut taxes to benefit the rich. But the suggestion that I was racist because of the response to Katrina represented an all-time low.
it was an all time low statement.. FACT... Bushs reaction, or more precisely a lack of action had nothing to do with race.. It had to do with legal limits of the federal government to take actions unless ASKED to by the state.. But continue with your hate fest!!!
Quote:
It was an all time low.. It was pathetic, it was a lie.. one you liberals need to get over..
Quote:
I copied this straight from the article.
And the ARTICLE took the quotes out of context.. Again, why do liberals read news sources that LIE to you about what was said? And you wonder why you guys have such difficulty being taken seriously...

Old 11-03-2010, 05:10 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,388,039 times
Leave Bush alone for goodness' sake! He's gone and we have more things to take care of now. This hatred, vitriol, divisiveness is what's ruining our country, not so much the politicians, elected by the people, who are trying to serve the people.
Can we please give it a rest with Bush?
Oh, and by the way, Chris Matthews didn't get a tingle up his leg; it was a thrill. Just fyi cause someone mentioned the tingle, and I saw Chris get mad at somebody during MSNBC's election coverage last night, saying that was a lie, I didn't say that! What I said was "thrill", which to me sounds even worse, ha ha. But I digress.
Chill people.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:15 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,740,305 times
Quote:
Yeah, that war that left countless Iraqi's dead and their infrastructure destroyed; 35k+ seriously injured American military members and those 4,427 dead military members and their families are nothing compared to being called a racist by a musician.

Good thing he has his priorities in order.

Casualties in Iraq - Antiwar.com
Good chart, I couldn't get it to look right here.
Those things are "business" and part of the job. Being called a "racist"
is personal.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:21 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,619,709 times
Quote:
potentially? the number is infinite. realistically, dozens or hundreds.

Quote:
Quote:
umm.. that it represented an all-time low to him?

Quote:
of course. the one i had at age three was rapidly eclipsed by the one i had a week later. and so on, and so on.

Quote:
the one in the title
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies