Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2010, 08:40 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,412 times

Advertisements

The age old trick my parents taught me in regards to liberal vs conservative racism never gets old.

If you took 1000 black people and forced them to live in a small 98% white town in the following states, which of the choices do you think would be the most popular:

a) New Hampshire
b) Oklahoma
c) Vermont
d) Kansas
e) Maine
f) Wyoming

Now I can't speak for the majority of black folks, but every time I ask this question to black people that I know, I get alarmingly repetitive answers. Can you guess which states the majority of them favour?
(hint: the liberal ones)

Old 11-04-2010, 08:44 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Damn, that man just gets sexier and sexier the older he gets.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
The age old trick my parents taught me in regards to liberal vs conservative racism never gets old.

If you took 1000 black people and forced them to live in a small 98% white town in the following states, which of the choices do you think would be the most popular:

a) New Hampshire
b) Oklahoma
c) Vermont
d) Kansas
e) Maine
f) Wyoming

Now I can't speak for the majority of black folks, but every time I ask this question to black people that I know, I get alarmingly repetitive answers. Can you guess which states the majority of them favour?
I've lived in two liberal states and one conservative state and have seen no difference in the collective experience of minorities. Movies like Boyz in the Hood and music like gangsta rap are defended as simply an expression of society, and they both come from the experience in liberal states. How much gangsta rap comes from the expression of life's realities in the South or the Midwest? Very little. I don't pretend to say there are not problems in those regions, but spare me the utopian views of the "liberal ones."

Last edited by Rggr; 11-04-2010 at 09:03 PM..

Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 PM

16 posts, read 10,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
California went its own way - latimes.com

Maybe Marco Rubio can pull more Latinos into the Republican Party, but overall, it's going to be an uphill battle to make the Republican Party less white.
I remember seeing signs that said "latinos for Obama" now I am Latino and Obama's buddies dont speak for me, that alone would make me change a vote if I were a dem, I dont believe in singling out certain races. And my whole Latino family are republican voters, get that lily white republican thing out of your head.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:

a) New Hampshire
b) Oklahoma
c) Vermont
d) Kansas
e) Maine
f) Wyoming

Which of those states are "liberal?" I'm black, and haven't the faintest idea of what you're trying to say. Go down the list...none of those states are desirable to live in by any means for a black person. But i don't know any blacks who would choose to live in ANY of those states...which is why only one...well, maybe two, has a fairly decent amount of black folks. Hell, most WHITE people i know wouldn't be caught dead in those states.

This is nonsense. If you put Georgia or North Carolina on that list, those two states would win hands down...and those are red states. So please, do your homework next time.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:56 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Which of those states are "liberal?" I'm black, and haven't the faintest idea of what you're trying to say. Go down the list...none of those states are desirable to live in by any means for a black person. But i don't know any blacks who would choose to live in ANY of those states...which is why only one...well, maybe two, has a fairly decent amount of black folks. Hell, most WHITE people i know wouldn't be caught dead in those states.

This is nonsense. If you put Georgia or North Carolina on that list, those two states would win hands down...and those are red states. So please, do your homework next time.
Hence why I picked states with no black folks Sherlock

Old 11-04-2010, 08:56 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I find that statement very offensive.
Are you "of color?"

Old 11-04-2010, 08:59 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Contrary to popular belief most Black Americans, and Latino Americans are NOT on public assistance of any kind. In fact here is the breakdown of low income families in America:

White 42%
Latino 30%
Black 26%
Other 6%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
...The source of most bigotry and prejudice is ignorance.

And "whites" are like 75-80% of the population of the country.

Want a towel to wipe the egg off of your face?

======================================

According to your own link the numbers are:

White-5,674,000
Latino-4,038,000
Black -2,908,000
Other-792,000

http://www.urban.org/UploadedPDF/411...landethnic.pdf

============================

Now, how many are there of each living in the country (2000 Census numbers)?

White (Alone)-194,552,774
Latino/Hispanic-35,305,818
Black (Alone)-34,658,190
Other-Basically 281,421,906 minus the above totals.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2002pubs/c2kprof00-us.pdf

=============================

Speaking of ignorance.

Last edited by Avengerfire; 11-04-2010 at 09:28 PM..

Old 11-04-2010, 09:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Hence why I picked states with no black folks Sherlock
So what you're saying is that black folks prefer to live under liberal racists than conservative ones?

Old 11-04-2010, 09:09 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:

a) New Hampshire
b) Oklahoma
c) Vermont
d) Kansas
e) Maine
f) Wyoming

Favour huh Interesting. Canadian? What alarmingly repetitive answers do you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So what you're saying is that black folks prefer to live under liberal racists than conservative ones?
That seems to be what he is insinuating from my POV although I'm guessing he's foreign and doesn't know that blacks are found in high densities in the southeast states and it's a well-known fact that minorities tend to live in places where they have the greatest numbers. Which is why you don't see many blacks outside of the Southeast because that's where they are concentrated the most in. And by that I mean finding blacks in large numbers outside of the main cities in the states outside of the Southeast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies