Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 05:29 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Right. Because all Republicans are rich, and all Democrats are poor.

.... if only I could find that link that showed how loyally the not-so-educated voted Republican (i.e., tending to not have a lot of money) this past election....

That is not what I think. But that is certainly what the libs on this forum keep spewing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 10:25 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
This is precisely the arrogant ignorance that causes the divisiveness. Excellent display there, Michigan. Well done! I'm so sick of this crap.
Keep your inbred, moon-faced Jesus freaks from starting wars and we can talk.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Might not be a legal argument but it sure would clean up the gene pool.
Don't all wars tend to do that?

The gung-ho idiots go off and get turned into ground sirloin, and the rest of us stay home and boink and improve the gene pool.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:34 PM

785 posts, read 619,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Keep your inbred, moon-faced Jesus freaks from starting wars and we can talk.
You are such an internet tough guy. I bet in real life you're a coward. It's clear you are an anti-Christian bigot. You are beyond ignorant. Keep posting here though because you expose your leftie beliefs for the hatred it is. You're too brainwashed to know the damage you are doing to your own side.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
You are such an internet tough guy. I bet in real life you're a coward. It's clear you are an anti-Christian bigot.
I didn't say anything about Christians as such, but rather Jesus freaks--the type indigenous to Southern U.S. dunghills and who've penetrated into the North, sadly--the ones who think evolution is a satanic plot and who get a woody at the thought of bombing other nations.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:50 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
What do you think of dividing the U.S. up into seperate countries? Perhaps a country for the social liberals and a country for social conservatives?

I realize that this is what the concept of states is all about. Each state having different laws and cultures for different kinds of people. But these days, with the federal government so all powerful, all of the United States are basically in a same boat. There is very little states independance at this point.

I'm thinking maybe do something similar to India when they created Pakistan. Just send all the Christians to their own area where they can have the Christian society they've always wanted.

Then maybe a place that is very liberal, similar to California, but truely independent from federal rule, and allowed to have all the leftist it wants to with no interference.

Then perhaps a moderate area...

Theoretically, if this were possible. Do you think it would be a good idea? Considering the fact that so many Americans cannot stop the left vs. right argueing, maybe e should do this.

If the children can't play together in peace. Send them to seperate sides of the school yard.

Of course the federal government does NOT want this to happen. They just want us to keep argueing amongst ourselves forever.
No one mentioned social issues in the last election and it was just as contentious.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:31 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I'm not sure what "living wage" means, but if you have to pay it for unskilled starter jobs I'm against it.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:48 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I didn't say anything about Christians as such, but rather Jesus freaks--the type indigenous to Southern U.S. dunghills and who've penetrated into the North, sadly--the ones who think evolution is a satanic plot and who get a woody at the thought of bombing other nations.
You're doing a good job of denegrating yourself, not me or mine. You clearly know nothing at all about the south and are perpetuating your own local stereotype. Once again, well done. You are clearly more open minded and accepting than I.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:03 AM

202 posts, read 352,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
I undertand that conservatives and liberals are totally scattered throughout the USA.

That's one thing about this theory that I don't know how to reconcile. How to move all the people around and where the borders should be drawn, etc. That's tricky.

I don't think a liberal and a conservative country would be good though. It would be better to perhaps have 4 or 5 seperate countries to choose from.

I think that if this kind of thing were to happen people would be much more happy with their governemen. We wouldn't have half the country whining and complaining all the time like we do now. There would just be people living in places with policies and political structures that they support and agre with.

I know this theory is far-fetched. But this kind of thing has been done before as in the case of Pakistan.
The breaking up of India according to it's religious majority was one of the worst ideas ever! Do you know nothing about the history, the bloody history, that result from diving India into East Pakistan (Today's Bangladesh) and West Pakistan? Prior to this talk of dividing India up according to hindu and muslim majority populations, these religious groups as well as the Christians, lived peaceably, more or less, side by side. It wasn't until the talk of this began that tensions began to grow. I suggest a movie to you called Earth.

I have thought of this idea before but not according to social or political ideologies (those shift and change with the wind and just create enemies), but according to region because the way I see it the U.S. has some distinct regional cultural differences that if that region were it's own country, it would be allowed to focus on the issues that are most pertinent to that region, for example, water and water rights in the southwest vs. hurricanes and oil spills in the southern gulf states.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
You're doing a good job of denegrating yourself, not me or mine. You clearly know nothing at all about the south and are perpetuating your own local stereotype. Once again, well done. You are clearly more open minded and accepting than I.
Anyone who finds a shoe that fits can wear it. Anyone who doesn't ought to join us in the beautiful blue states
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies