Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:23 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think that question was settled in the 1860s'.
Settled? Certainly not. "I'll shoot you" is not a legal argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 11:34 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,692 times
I am warming up to this idea. Liberals would be on one side, working and paying taxes, so we would have roads, parks, libraries, schools, universities, hospitals, police and fire depts, health coverage, etc. Plus we would have plenty of self-employed family farms and Mom & Pop businesses to take care of all our purchasing needs and wants. Tax breaks for non-profits will fill liberal side with churches, synogogues, mosques, and temples of every religion, and charities & community organizations would be aplenty. Everything would be clean and healthy, including our natural resources of air, water and land, so we would have plenty of modern clean energy retirement centers too, since we will be living long healthy lives.

Conservatives on the other side would have unmaintained cemeteries to take care of helpless wealthy and CEOs who do not know how to take care of themselves and who also refuse to pay taxes to have services.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:38 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
You forgot the fourth one. Which IMHO tops the other three you mentioned. To wit: The best thing to come out of the American South are smug, self-superior, condecending, yankees with a U-haul trailer.

Now, lest anyone think I have anything against northerners per se, I will mention my own kids are "half-yankee" and several of my close friends are northern born. I am just saying...!
SOOO true!!!

Old 11-07-2010, 11:39 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
This:

Quote:
Plus we would have plenty of self-employed family farms and Mom & Pop businesses to take care of all our purchasing needs and wants. .
Does not pay for this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
, so we would have roads, parks, libraries, schools, universities, hospitals, police and fire depts, health coverage, etc.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:39 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
I am warming up to this idea. Liberals would be on one side, working and paying taxes, so we would have roads, parks, libraries, schools, universities, hospitals, police and fire depts, health coverage, etc. Plus we would have plenty of self-employed family farms and Mom & Pop businesses to take care of all our purchasing needs and wants. Everything would be clean and healthy, including our natural resources of air, water and land, so we would have plenty of modern clean energy retirement centers too, since we will be living long healthy lives.

Conservatives on the other side would have unmaintained cemeteries to take care of helpless wealthy and CEOs who do not know how to take care of themselves and who also refuse to pay taxes to have services.
wow talk about being delusional

liberals work??? that's an oxymoron

the liberal side

a bunch of moochers feeding off the the elite uber rich kennedies, pelosis, and kerries that are supporting the hords of moochers

they will be clean, because they will have no energy

they will be healthy, becuase the death panels will keep them all dead once the reach the old age of 40

Old 11-07-2010, 11:43 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

liberals work??? that's an oxymoron

the liberal side

a bunch of moochers feeding off the the elite uber rich kennedies, pelosis, and kerries that are supporting the hords of moochers

they will be clean, because they will have no energy

they will be healthy, becuase the death panels will keep them all dead once the reach the old age of 40
So True!!! LMAO!!

The problem is the lefties like to 'talk the talk' but they don't want to 'walk the walk'. They expect the 'rich conervatives' to walk the walk so they can take from them.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:46 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

liberals work??? ...
That is how we pay our taxes, we are not against paying our taxes remember? That is why we will have a utopian community without wealthy/corporate greed and pollution. Self-employed family farms and Mom and Pop shops will flock to liberal side because:
1) they are working people too
2) there are more people on liberal side to buy their goods and services
3) the corporate CEOs kick them out of Conservative country

Old 11-07-2010, 11:48 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I'd love it. We get the Great Lakes, they get Dollywood. Sounds good to me.

Only three worthwhile things ever came out of the American South: cotton, rock and roll, and Ron White. Everything else can slide into the Gulf of Mexico with my compliments.
This is precisely the arrogant ignorance that causes the divisiveness. Excellent display there, Michigan. Well done! I'm so sick of this crap.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:49 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post

Of course the federal government does NOT want this to happen. They just want us to keep arguing amongst ourselves forever.
That is exactly what the government wants. That way you

will be too distracted to realize what they are really doing:

Stealing our money, at everyone's expense.

Repeal the 16th Amendment and we will all be one

HAPPY FAMILY

Old 11-07-2010, 11:51 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
and Mom and Pop shops will flock to liberal side because:
These are not industries, you need industry to create wealth. You need to make things, a service economy is dead economy. I would guess you would impose all kinds of insane restrictions on industry in your liberal land? These industries would be doomed to failure since they would not be able to compete in a world economy, sound familiar?

--edit---

All the items you would be buying would say "Made in Conservia"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies