Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 07:29 AM

1,296 posts, read 2,225,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Black and Proud i quoted you and the post I was answering. As i said the OP was interested in Poor African-Americans and my replies were based on that idea of Poor African Americans. Not of the well to do.

You don't have a clue what I'm interested in! For the record, this thread is about 'should Obama implement reparations?' It's thar simple! You've been making your usual unfounded, negative assumptions about this thread, me, and African Americans in general!

Old 11-14-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I'm black and I prefer to stay away from government handouts. I recommend other black people do the same. However, it is sick that the country was built on and profits from slavery even to this day. I just don't know how the founding fathers, the slave owners, and the businessmen got away with it and their families are today living wealthy off of their family's fortune that was built on slavery.
I'm glad that somebody on this thread, acknowledges that slavery was heinous. Slavery may be in the past. But it's legacy, still negatively affects African Americans.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Not sure what post of mine you read, but I NEVER asked for examples. What I stated clearly is, your previous post was based on stereotyping and generalizing an entire race based upon actions or inactions of others.
Amen! Glad that you see right through Mac_Muz's stereotyping of African Americans. He has done nothing but put down African Americans, for the entire time that he's been on this thread. Now if we could only convince him, to move on from this thread..

Old 11-14-2010, 08:06 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,643,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
I'm glad that somebody on this thread, acknowledges that slavery was heinous. Slavery may be in the past. But it's legacy, still negatively affects African Americans.
Yes, if you dwell on the past, it will effect you negatively. Why dwell on the past, you can't unring a bell? Seize the day and you'll make your ancestors proud, sit and wallow and no will be happy.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Yes, if you dwell on the past, it will effect you negatively. Why dwell on the past, you can't unring a bell? Seize the day and you'll make your ancestors proud, sit and wallow and no will be happy.
When it comes to slavery, it's not a matter of choosing to dwell on the past. It's a matter of having the past still affect the present, whether we want it to, or not.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:23 AM

996 posts, read 1,056,690 times
I believe Blacks deserve reparations for slavery.

But instead of forcing the US to pay, Obama should send the bill to the descendents of the Black African warlords who sold the slaves to the slave traders.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:44 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
You don't have a clue what I'm interested in! For the record, this thread is about 'should Obama implement reparations?' It's thar simple! You've been making your usual unfounded, negative assumptions about this thread, me, and African Americans in general!
Oh but I do, and addressed that long ago with in the thread. I said Obama would just fail as is his common way of about everything. Since then the English and Chinese have openly laughed in his face and then the Chinese gave the boy wonder a nice lecture. He dosn't look well, and I fear he may suffer a mental breakdown. I won't care a bit if he does either.

His days of fun and games just ended.

The war was over 145 years ago, and no matter what he does no reparations will be forth coming, period.

You have hit my limit on racist remarks and whining. Just insisting on that hyphen is offensive. In my world there is no suck thing as African-Americans unless you were born in Africa and white are born there today every day. So the term no longer applies to blacks only anyway. I don't know if any White African-Americans are poor or not. I suspect if they are none of your reparations would go to any of them. So far in life I have only met one White African-American and she was 72 years old at the time. We had a wonderful time talking about snakes, that black mamaba snake to be exact. I suspect you have never been to Africa and so never even heard of that kind of snake.

I know that if I were a African-American I would be emabrrassed by the way you whine and blather po' African-Americans in every single bloomin post.

I stated that I have in laws, friends and admire some Blacks who may or not be related to any slaves. That most people (blacks) would have a hard time proving they had any slaves as ancestors, and you FAIL over and over again simply refusing any truth.

I admire more blacks too, but wasn't sure how many I should list. Most of these would be movie actors like D Washington, C Gooding, and more, bvut I don't know them and never will. What they and MORE do outside of work means more to me, and they do MORE outside work. A great deal of black movie actors appear to be fine people to me.

I may not yet understand what Black and Proud is telling me, sometimes it is just that way, I miss the point, but I haven't missed your point which is to beg and grovel for something long past doing anything about.

Even if the president could enact some treaty on the topic he would fail. he would fail just because of who and what he is. You on the other hand would argue that since he is 1/2 black in at least pysical appearance that some where he is related to a slave.

He probably is, but not to any slave after 1781 to 1865. hell lady I am related to slaves too, Many people of Scot decent are related to slaves as we were conquered and put into slavery by the English, who bought and sold slaves long before the USA existed, but no none of that matters. You see a pot you belive to be filled with gold and are after it for power and greed. Enland only banned slavery 7 years before the USA, but no, not a word on that. The Egyptions bought and sold slaves for no less than 2000 years, and not a word on that either.

I mentioned slavery is alive and well in the USA and elsewhere in the world today right now lady and not one word on that either.

By the way you forgot that hyphen this last time.

You remind me of a sales woman I saw over summer. The motorcycle store was selling out of a product I like. I asked her if there was any old geezers discount, and she said No. I intended to purchase all of the last of these products they had. Being somewhat stubborn as no doubt you know by now, I tried again to gain a slight discount.

She said You are plenty old enough to have worked and earned all the money you will ever need, and No more discounts will be forth coming. I bought the items, all of them anyway, and told her but when I was a lad i woked for just $0.60 cents an hour.

I know none of this will stop you from embarressing other blacks, that no matter what you are begging off what you will never get, but you won't stop. You won't stop being a racist either, but will push that on everyone you meet in real life and on line. You are no better than George Wallace.

You may see a dark flesh tone on your skin, but other wise you are shallow and transparent.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Oh but I do, and addressed that long ago with in the thread. I said Obama would just fail as is his common way of about everything. Since then the English and Chinese have openly laughed in his face and then the Chinese gave the boy wonder a nice lecture. He dosn't look well, and I fear he may suffer a mental breakdown. I won't care a bit if he does either.

His days of fun and games just ended.

The war was over 145 years ago, and no matter what he does no reparations will be forth coming, period.

You have hit my limit on racist remarks and whining. Just insisting on that hyphen is offensive. In my world there is no suck thing as African-Americans unless you were born in Africa and white are born there today every day. So the term no longer applies to blacks only anyway. I don't know if any White African-Americans are poor or not. I suspect if they are none of your reparations would go to any of them. So far in life I have only met one White African-American and she was 72 years old at the time. We had a wonderful time talking about snakes, that black mamaba snake to be exact. I suspect you have never been to Africa and so never even heard of that kind of snake.

I know that if I were a African-American I would be emabrrassed by the way you whine and blather po' African-Americans in every single bloomin post.

I stated that I have in laws, friends and admire some Blacks who may or not be related to any slaves. That most people (blacks) would have a hard time proving they had any slaves as ancestors, and you FAIL over and over again simply refusing any truth.

I admire more blacks too, but wasn't sure how many I should list. Most of these would be movie actors like D Washington, C Gooding, and more, bvut I don't know them and never will. What they and MORE do outside of work means more to me, and they do MORE outside work. A great deal of black movie actors appear to be fine people to me.

I may not yet understand what Black and Proud is telling me, sometimes it is just that way, I miss the point, but I haven't missed your point which is to beg and grovel for something long past doing anything about.

Even if the president could enact some treaty on the topic he would fail. he would fail just because of who and what he is. You on the other hand would argue that since he is 1/2 black in at least pysical appearance that some where he is related to a slave.

He probably is, but not to any slave after 1781 to 1865. hell lady I am related to slaves too, Many people of Scot decent are related to slaves as we were conquered and put into slavery by the English, who bought and sold slaves long before the USA existed, but no none of that matters. You see a pot you belive to be filled with gold and are after it for power and greed. Enland only banned slavery 7 years before the USA, but no, not a word on that. The Egyptions bought and sold slaves for no less than 2000 years, and not a word on that either.

I mentioned slavery is alive and well in the USA and elsewhere in the world today right now lady and not one word on that either.

By the way you forgot that hyphen this last time.

You remind me of a sales woman I saw over summer. The motorcycle store was selling out of a product I like. I asked her if there was any old geezers discount, and she said No. I intended to purchase all of the last of these products they had. Being somewhat stubborn as no doubt you know by now, I tried again to gain a slight discount.

She said You are plenty old enough to have worked and earned all the money you will ever need, and No more discounts will be forth coming. I bought the items, all of them anyway, and told her but when I was a lad i woked for just $0.60 cents an hour.

I know none of this will stop you from embarressing other blacks, that no matter what you are begging off what you will never get, but you won't stop. You won't stop being a racist either, but will push that on everyone you meet in real life and on line. You are no better than George Wallace.

You may see a dark flesh tone on your skin, but other wise you are shallow and transparent.

Here you go yet AGAIN, with your absurd labeling; 'lazy racist African Americans'! If someone calls themselves an African American, you think that they're racist. What a hoot! And I'm not 'embarrassing other African Americans, by having a debate about reparations. This is a DEBATE about
raparations-NOT A MANDATE for reparations! You're not intelligent and sophisticated enough, to know the difference!

And if the idea of reparations, and/or African Americans is so 'offensive' to you, then you can always move on to another threat. It's not as if you've been adding anything intelligent or useful, to this thread anyway!

Old 11-14-2010, 10:09 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,739 times
Why is this thread still going? Ridiculous!

Old 11-14-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post
I believe Blacks deserve reparations for slavery.

But instead of forcing the US to pay, Obama should send the bill to the descendents of the Black African warlords who sold the slaves to the slave traders.
The slavetraders that bought the slaves, didn't have to do it. They CHOSE to do it. So since they CHOSE to do it, the repsponsibility for slavery in America, belongs to the slave traders, who brought the slaves here to America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies