Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 05:47 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't know how anyone can take LOL seriously. But, what followed the first sentence, might spur some people to think. Well, if they had an inclination to do that.
What exactly are we supposed to be "thinking"? People get health benefits with their jobs.. No thinking involved with that.. its a fact. The irony is that the left is asking for governmental healthcare for all, while wanting to deny this same "right" to someone who is working for the government..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 05:51 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I guess the congressman could answer, get a job with benefits like he did.

So, everyone without health insurance is unemployed?

My advice to him is just what he's planning to tell everyone else: Tough it out and hope you don't get sick.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What exactly are we supposed to be "thinking"? People get health benefits with their jobs.. No thinking involved with that.. its a fact. The irony is that the left is asking for governmental healthcare for all, while wanting to deny this same "right" to someone who is working for the government..

They do? I'm sure that's news to the millions of working American's without health insurance available through their employers.

How long have you been out of the work force?

Old 11-16-2010, 06:00 AM

277 posts, read 228,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
LOL. I guess this is just a clear example of the hypocrisy and pure and simple about face double talk Republican's can expect, (I mean they lied for 8 years-what did we expect to change) of the double dealing, talking out of both sides of their mouth scum that the Tea Party and kool-aid drinking Republican's have thrust back upon our great country.

Bottom's up, ladies & gents:

GOP frosh: Where's my health care? - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

And wait it get's better:

[/color][/left]

[/color][/left]

[/color][/left]

its too bad the liberals never passed a health care refrom bill, all the passed was an insurance mandate

Old 11-16-2010, 06:16 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
So, everyone without health insurance is unemployed?

My advice to him is just what he's planning to tell everyone else: Tough it out and hope you don't get sick.
Where did I say they were unemployed?

Anyway take a second and look at the Republican plan and you will see how wrong you are

Old 11-16-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Where did I say they were unemployed?

Anyway take a second and look at the Republican plan and you will see how wrong you are

I didn't know the Republican's had a plan beyond tort reform and health savings accounts.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:24 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There is no ndication that they have ever USED these services, but what do you have against a state run healthcare program? l..
Palin's grandson DOES use these services, according to court documents.

http://images.eonline.com/static/new...rlSubpoena.pdf
"Because the majority of Tripp's health care costs are already covered by the IHS and the Alaska Native Medical Center, Mr. Johnston has no need to purchase additional health insurance and this deduction should not be allowed," the attorneys said in a court filing.

I have absolutely nothing against nationalized health insurance (such as Medicare, Medicaid, potential Universal Health Insurance for ALL HR676) like the rest of the democracies of the world , Sarah Palin does.

Last edited by aspiesmom; 11-16-2010 at 06:40 AM..

Old 11-16-2010, 06:27 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I didn't know the Republican's had a plan beyond tort reform and health savings accounts.
They do look it up CBO scored too

Old 11-16-2010, 06:47 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Ha, ha, ha.... Huffington(puffington) Post!!!! Are you serious? Soros funds this rag! Why would you beleive anything coming from there?

Old 11-16-2010, 06:54 AM

4,154 posts, read 4,170,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
LOL. I guess this is just a clear example of the hypocrisy and pure and simple about face double talk Republican's can expect, (I mean they lied for 8 years-what did we expect to change) of the double dealing, talking out of both sides of their mouth scum that the Tea Party and kool-aid drinking Republican's have thrust back upon our great country.

Bottom's up, ladies & gents:

GOP frosh: Where's my health care? - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

And wait it get's better:

[/color][/LEFT]

[/color][/LEFT]

[/color][/LEFT]
This is another example how inefficient government is. If you are hire for a private company and health care is part of the packet, you get the benefit the day you start, not a month later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies