U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-01-2007, 02:03 AM
 
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska (moving to Ohio)
673 posts, read 3,691,539 times
Reputation: 468

Advertisements

I was sort sickened by Snow's arrogance in my opinion, he brags about the amazing treatment he gets for his cancer but the Bush administration doesnt seem to really care enough about health care for the poor or even middle-class.

The bizzare thing is while Snow is getting the best health-care money can buy many millions of people sole way of getting health-care is through Emergency departments only.

I dont understand it the conservatives in my opinion seem to have a major superiority complex and believe that they are more deserving of elite health-care then everyone else and that somehow that people who arent as rich as them somehow have cheaper lives then they do.

Anyway why dont affluent conservatives think that less affluent deserve the same health care they get?

Last edited by MattDen; 05-01-2007 at 02:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2007, 02:14 AM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,052,585 times
Reputation: 382
For God's sake! I cannot believe this. The man has a good job with good benefits. If someone does not have insurance they need to change jobs or talk to their employer. It is the employers that do not provide insurance.

Being conservative has nothing to do with it unless you are suggesting that conservatives are way more educated and have way better jobs that provide insurance.

Maybe you should start complaining about the Clintons, John Edwards, or Rosie O’Demented. I bet all of them have the best medical care money can buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2007, 02:40 AM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,003,319 times
Reputation: 1009
The fact is we have the very best health care system in the world, if you have money that is. Most Americans are struggling to cope with health care plans. Employers all across the nation are cutting benefits, especially health care. Health care costs are skyrocketing and many families that do have quality health care plans are just one health care catastrophe away from going bankrupt. Millions of Americans have no health care plan at all. Millions more have coverage but the plans their employers give them are practically worthless. There is no excuse for this. Families are struggling. Many people are forced to work two or three part-time jobs just to make the rent or their mortgage payment. We are still the richest nation on the planet. Adequate health care should be a right, not a privilege.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2007, 07:42 AM
 
2,967 posts, read 1,652,970 times
Reputation: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDen View Post
I was sort sickened by Snow's arrogance in my opinion, he brags about the amazing treatment he gets for his cancer but the Bush administration doesnt seem to really care enough about health care for the poor or even middle-class.

The bizzare thing is while Snow is getting the best health-care money can buy many millions of people sole way of getting health-care is through Emergency departments only.

I dont understand it the conservatives in my opinion seem to have a major superiority complex and believe that they are more deserving of elite health-care then everyone else and that somehow that people who arent as rich as them somehow have cheaper lives then they do.

Anyway why dont affluent conservatives think that less affluent deserve the same health care they get?

Good grief MattDen the man has cancer that has metasticized.
Arrogant?? You begrudge him his health care? The last time I stated this I was jumped all over but I have to say this is a perfect example of class envy.
Tony Snow doesn't have superiority complex, he is a humble and God-fearing man who has a wife and children by the way. Your statement that conservatives feel that "people who arn't as rich as them somehow have cheaper lives" is quite a leap. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2007, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Naples
1,247 posts, read 658,885 times
Reputation: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Good grief MattDen the man has cancer that has metasticized.
Arrogant?? You begrudge him his health care? The last time I stated this I was jumped all over but I have to say this is a perfect example of class envy.
Tony Snow doesn't have superiority complex, he is a humble and God-fearing man who has a wife and children by the way. Your statement that conservatives feel that "people who arn't as rich as them somehow have cheaper lives" is quite a leap. . .
I agree with most of what you said, except...

Quote:
Your statement that conservatives feel that "people who arn't as rich as them somehow have cheaper lives" is quite a leap...
From my perspective, this statement is actually quite true, in a practical sense. Oh, conservatives will never admit this is how they feel, but the consequences of their actions prove otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2007, 07:47 AM
 
2,967 posts, read 1,652,970 times
Reputation: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
I agree with most of what you said, except...


From my perspective, this statement is actually quite true, in a practical sense. Oh, conservatives will never admit this is how they feel, but the consequences of their actions prove otherwise.
How so LeavingFlorida? Please give an example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2007, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Naples
1,247 posts, read 658,885 times
Reputation: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
How so LeavingFlorida? Please give an example.
Our foreign policy of imperialism and subjegation is supported by conservatives. They'll never admit they think these people are less than them. But they have no problem supporting policies that treat them as less-than-human. Conservatives call it reality. I call it hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2007, 07:58 AM
 
2,967 posts, read 1,652,970 times
Reputation: 658
Really, I think an example of conservatives valuing life can be seen in Operation Iraqi Freedom. . . wanting the Iraqis to experience the freedom that we as Americans take for granted. . . whether you agree with the war or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2007, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Naples
1,247 posts, read 658,885 times
Reputation: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Really, I think an example of conservatives valuing life can be seen in Operation Iraqi Freedom. . . wanting the Iraqis to experience the freedom that we as Americans take for granted. . . whether you agree with the war or not.
This war wasn't about freedom, it was about revenge, retribution. The idea of freedom was a thrown out there to make people feel better about themselves. Conservatives don't want to admit the real motivation behind this war, to themselves.

I don't want to argue the merits of the war. I just think conservatives aren't being honest with themselves. I know MANY conservatives (almost everyone I know is conservative) and this is what I have seen.

My statement was not only talking about Iraq. I was referring to our foreign policy, in general. Especially in Central America, where we seemingly depose and install governments on a whim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2007, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,189 posts, read 24,460,221 times
Reputation: 3826
It is foolhardy and irresponsible to say folks should get better jobs that include health insurance.

I don't know where people live in their heads, but surely you realize not everyone has a full array of options--and by example, academic professionals are getting squeezed out of health care by hiring practices. Part-time employment has become the norm, and the universities, colleges offer health insurance only to those working 3/4 time or full time. It is a cost-saving for them, not good for the academic community and an immoral personnel policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top