Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 07:11 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

Sarah Palin's happiness is what really irks liberals

Quote:
But for her detractors, nothing raises the ire of cynical liberals more than a happy-go-lucky, totally unburdened, freethinking and self-assured conservative woman who has everything she wants and then some.

Liberalism, after all, needs to imagine an unhappy populace. Passing sweeping entitlement programs and convincing voters that big government is the answer only works if people are frustrated with their stations in life.
Truer words were never spoken. Are they EVER happy, about ANYTHING?

Quote:
The Left being rediculous? The Left is not using the power of their political party to influence a dance competition.
Fans are fans, regardless where they come from. Maybe the Left should try to initiate a counter vote...like they haven't done that already. See the problem is, most people can separate their dislike of Palin from her daughter, who is trying her best and improving everyday of DWTS. For the truly PDS Left, that is impossible for them to do, which makes them look petty, vicious and hateful....and that certainly DOES apply to the PDSers.

Quote:
Shouldn't the Right be using their time to find a viable candidate for 2012 instead of influencing a dancing competition?
Shouldn't the Left be about finished licking their wounds regarding the HISTORIC election, the result of which obama's radical leftist agenda is stopped...somewhat? Shouldn't they be worried about losing the Senate in 2012 and if they will ever get the house back?

Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You can't compare the two. The two guys on American Idol were BOTH talented, they could BOTH sing.

In this case, Brstol is not even close to being a better dancer than those voted off. NOT EVEN CLOSE.
My point is that these competitions are almost always political. And yes I can compare the two because the gay man was clearly on another level. Not only did he eventually lose the title but he came close to being voted off several times before the final showdown.
My friend's daughter voted for the cute Chris (her words) multiple times on as many phones as she could get her hands on.
You should also be aware that black people rarely fare well on these types of shows. Unless they are superstars of course.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
It is a freeking popularity contest!

How do you think Emmit Smith won??

The obsessed "need my shrink" Progressives can't stand Palin's little girl is doing well and very popular, just like mom.

It eats at their inter souls. Tugs on their minds and ruins their entire day.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:26 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
I think liberals everywhere need to go see a shrink over this unhealthy obsession with the Palin family.

you people need help.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:31 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Maybe you guys should get ACORN involved.

Or have your unions sponsor some buses to round you guys up to take you to phone banks so you can vote Chicago-style ... 4, 5, 6 votes a person.

Or maybe George Soros and the SEIU can just throw a lot of money at the "problem" and make it go away.

ACORN got into trouble and was actually punished (imagine that).

Republicans are more apt to prevent liberals from voting even ONCE.
BuzzFlash Interviews Greg Palast, Author of "Best Democracy Money Can Buy," Exposes the Continued Suppression of Florida's Black Vote in Election 2002

George Soros donates to a well known GRASSROOTS organization, Moveon
(unlike Koch Industries that FOUNDED their astroturf)

And SEIU has a legal PAC that reports to the FEC (unlike Karl Rove illegal political shenanigans in his non-profits)
Political Action Committee | 1199SEIU (http://www.1199seiu.org/issues/pac.cfm - broken link)

BTW, what does that have to do with conservatives turning DWTS into a political circus?

Old 11-17-2010, 07:32 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,207,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Methinks the libs are quite the conspiracy theorists, at least the ones here on CD.
Methinks that the Palins are Wasilla Hillbillies who struck it rich when Mama Grizzly got on the McCain ticket. Of course, she ruined his career for good but got hers going. Bristol Palin is not a celebrity to begin with; she is riding the coattails of her Tea Party Twittering mom and everyone knows it.

ABC doesn't care who get eliminated, who wins, it's about how many viewers tune in to watch the show in disbelief. So basically it's a win-win situation for both paries: Palin loves money and ABC loves money = two happy peas in a pod. Forget the other hard-working dancers. Dancing has nothing to do with it.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:34 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I think liberals everywhere need to go see a shrink over this unhealthy obsession with the Palin family.

you people need help.
Perhaps Palins should be analyzed for their in your face scams instead.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:34 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Methinks the libs are quite the conspiracy theorists, at least the ones here on CD.
Free Republic has multiple threads and email lists being emailed out to their groups telling people how to manipulate the online voting to vote more than once, that they're posting pretty much daily, so it's not exactly a conspiracy... and anyone with a brain can see that bristol is not a good dancer.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:36 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
I only watched Dancing with the stars past 2 wks because it was brought to my attention about unfairness

There is no way Bristol Palin should have beat out Brandy tonite, this turned into a political thing.

If any of you can try to view the past 3 shows,you will see what I mean, I know alot of you may not care too.

Please remember to vote next week regardless if you watch it or not and vote for the best dancer not because of who her mother is.

You'd have to kill me to belong to the tea party, how low can you go to do something like this and to great dancers who worked really hard.
So you think its unfair that show works the way it does and that votes is part of the factor in someone staying on the show. Amazing how the show is only unfair since Bristol is on the show

Its not Bristols fault that Brandy didnt get more votes.

Personally I dont think its fair that brandy nor Jennifer Grey with dance background is on the show with people like Bristol, Rick Fox, Kurt Warner all of which had no dance background.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:40 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
It's not about an obsession with the Palin family. It is about the far right /Tea Party's obsession with politicizing and winning things just to spite the left/President Obama, even if it means giving someone something they don't deserve or hurting someone who does deserve to win but doesn't support their agenda. This just goes to show that they will go to any length to win and no critical thinking, logic or fairness is involved. They're like a pack of hungry coyotes but can't see that there is food right in front of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies