Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the legacy Bush and Cheney have left for the USA
They were great and did everything to protect the USA 4 12.12%
They did some things well, there have been worse administrations 11 33.33%
No objections 0 0%
They ruined the economy 18 54.55%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 08:21 AM

59,389 posts, read 27,536,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
What a pair...

Their legacy:

1. The most unjustified, unnecessary war in US history: Iraq

2. The most mismanaged war in US history: Afghanistan

3. The worst economic crisis in several generations.

4. Attempting to justify torture as national policy.

5. "You're either with us or you're against us"

In short, these bozos came into office with America prosperous and at peace. They left office with two lousy middle east quagmires and the economy in smoking ruins. Good job, boys.

Maybe the real Bozo's are the ones who can't see past their hatred.

Some historians have already changed their opinion of the Bush admin and say his reputation has gone up and will continue to go up as time goes by.

1. I hate to break the news to you but, the dems justified going against iraq BEFORE Bush was even elected and CONTINURD to suppot him AFTER his election. And guess who holds the purse strings to fund the action? yep The dems.

2. Are you saying Obama is mis-managing the Afgan war?

3. Bush had a great economic record until the dems took control of comgtess in 2007. Look it up.

4. if the military captured an enemy and thought they had info that would stop a terroist attack that may kill me and my family, I say do what ever they need to do to keep my family safe. I'd start with cutting of fingers one at a time. Hint, war is not pretty.

5. That challenge was to the rest of the world that had in public decried sadam but, behind closed doors had secret oil deals that were against UN sanctions which is one reason why he defied 12 UN sanctions..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 08:48 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,573,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Yes, indeed. And just what might YOUR stars and tripe be?

We're living their legacy, now. Look around. Look at how things have changed since the last Democratic administration. We put a neo-Hitler and his puppet idiot in office and the world realized it could kick us when we were defenseless. We've stupidly hit back, much like a four-year-old takes a swing at daddy, and now we're paying the price.
I want to post a video for you, try to take its message to heart, if not, just get a good laugh at Rich Iott's expense (he won't mind, trust me):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_A9U...layer_embedded

Old 11-20-2010, 08:50 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,573,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Some historians have already changed their opinion of the Bush admin and say his reputation has gone up and will continue to go up as time goes by.
Oh really? I didnt know FOX News had historians on staff

Old 11-20-2010, 08:50 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,597,249 times
Quote:

1. I hate to break the news to you but, the dems justified going against iraq BEFORE Bush was even elected and CONTINURD to suppot him AFTER his election. And guess who holds the purse strings to fund the action? yep The dems.

3. Bush had a great economic record until the dems took control of comgtess in 2007. Look it up.

4. if the military captured an enemy and thought they had info that would stop a terroist attack that may kill me and my family, I say do what ever they need to do to keep my family safe. I'd start with cutting of fingers one at a time. Hint, war is not pretty.

5. That challenge was to the rest of the world that had in public decried sadam but, behind closed doors had secret oil deals that were against UN sanctions which is one reason why he defied 12 UN sanctions..

Old 11-20-2010, 08:53 AM

68,353 posts, read 54,549,829 times
Quote:

I'm happy to break the news to you. A little thing called 9/11 (perhaps you've heard) happened after Bush was elected and should have changed Iraq's place in our order of priorities. The other news is Bush himself has stated HE made the decision to invade Iraq, HE owns it, lock, stock, and barrel.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:55 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,713,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'm happy to break the news to you. A little thing called 9/11 (perhaps you've heard) happened after Bush was elected and should have changed Iraq's place in our order of priorities. The other news is Bush himself has stated HE made the decision to invade Iraq, HE owns it, lock, stock, and barrel.
newsflash: we attcked al Quada after 9-11. We did not start Iraq part II until 2003.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:56 AM

68,353 posts, read 54,549,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Terrorists are NOT still attacking the united states? You are living in a dream world
You stated: And the fact that Obama is a muslim symathizer (sic)

Prove your allegation!

You are the one in a dream world.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:00 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,594,049 times
Quote:

Some "historians" aren't historians at all. They're political hacks. Their opinions won't matter much. Their silly apologies will quickly fade away, but Bush/Cheney's record will remain.

Quote:
You apologists just LOVE to try to shift the blame for Iraq. It's your favorite misdirection play.

Quote:
You're terribly confused.

Quote:

Go see Inside Job. Or keep making lame comments showing your lack of grasp. It's a free country. No one will ever force you to be informed.

Inside Job - Movie Website for the Documentary Film

Quote:
That's the same bizarre logic Bush and Cheney used.

It's never happened, though.

But it's clear why you're such an apologist.

Quote:
And you hated France because they were right about no WMDs.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You stated: And the fact that Obama is a muslim symathizer (sic)

Prove your allegation!

You are the one in a dream world.
Listen to what Obama said at the ramadan dinner. Now compare that to what he said the next day in Panama City, FL.
Talk about back peddling
it is no secret that muslims wanted obama in the WH.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Some "historians" aren't historians at all. They're political hacks. Their opinions won't matter much. Their silly apologies will quickly fade away, but Bush/Cheney's record will remain.

You apologists just LOVE to try to shift the blame for Iraq. It's your favorite misdirection play.

You're terribly confused.

Go see Inside Job. Or keep making lame comments showing your lack of grasp. It's a free country. No one will ever force you to be informed.

Inside Job - Movie Website for the Documentary Film

That's the same bizarre logic Bush and Cheney used.

It's never happened, though.

But it's clear why you're such an apologist.

And you hated France because they were right about no WMDs.
lets go see a hollywood movie to get an education in american history/politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies