Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the legacy Bush and Cheney have left for the USA
They were great and did everything to protect the USA 4 12.12%
They did some things well, there have been worse administrations 11 33.33%
No objections 0 0%
They ruined the economy 18 54.55%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 08:44 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Let's be reasonable and honest here.

It's true that some democrats voted in favor of the resolution that Bush used to invade Iraq.

ALL republicans voted for it.

Bush, Cheney, Rice, and Rumsfeld spent MONTHS spreading half-truths, inuendos, and outright lies in order to convince the public that their pet war was necessary "to protect America."

And that campaign worked. They got their war. Then blamed it on "faulty intelligence." Problem is, the faulty intelligence is the exact same stuff they used in their campaign of deception. They just chose to ignore the intel that didn't support their agenda. They cherry-picked. And what they cherry-picked turned out to be bogus. What they chose to ignore was real.

It's cost hundreds of billions of dollars and thousands of lives. And Bush wil

l never be honest enough to explain why he did it. He continues to lie and hide behind the intel excuse.

But, I'd agree that democrats have some responsibility in this whole fiasco. But to split it up proportionately, it would have to be:

GOP - 99% responsible for the worst foreign policy blunder in American history.

Democrats - 1% responsible.

There.

That clears it all up.

^^^

What he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 09:35 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Thus, you label a documentary as a "hollywood movie".

Of course, it's not a documentary that supports your Bush-apologizing viewpoint, so you just dismiss it out of hand. Yep, you're on top of things and have an accurate view of the events leading to the Great Bush Recession.

You guys are so amusing.

Iraq? The dems did it.

Recession? The dems did it.

Brilliant.
So I'm supposed to believe that an anti-Bush documentary is going to be based on facts? Sure, and Grizzly Adams didn't have a beard
As for Iraq: I blame Saddam Hussein. But, we gave him too much wiggle room, and he pulled a houdini. Bush Sr. didn't finish the job. Clinton talked tough, but did nothing. The UN did nothing. The inaction from 1992-2001 gave Saddam a false sense of security. He obviously assumed that GW Bush would not attack because the UN wasn't on board. I suspect that the UN had some shady characters working with Saddam (in exchange for oil?)

The recession: It's interesting that our economy was not a top concern for the dems in the 2004 pres election. If the dems had something to pin on Bush they would have. The dems were running on the Iraq war! Don't they know that the GOP is strong on defense, and the dems are the party (supposedly) strong on economy? The US economy was doing just fine from 2001-2006. If you want to blame someone for the collapse, then why don't you start with Fannie, Freddie, the wall street crooks, Bernie Madoff, barney frank, etc. I think that it is NO coincidence that our economy really went south once the dems took control of congress. And, it hasn't improved with Obama in the WH. Why is that?
Why did our economy recover nicely after 9-11? after Katrina?
But, we can't seem to recover 2 years into Obama's presidency... with a democratic congress and Senate! You may think you're a smart guy, but the American people aren't on the same narrow path. The 2010 mid-terms are not a fluke

Old 11-21-2010, 09:40 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Poll to be added. Just curious what thoughts everyone here has on the former administration, they were ribbon-cutting for the new Bush Library to be opened in Texas.

This is a real topic, please no posts on "dancing with the stars' or other reality tripe please.
I despised G.W. Bush as President, but he has some personality qualities that are likable.

My honest opinion of dickc is that the man is sheer evil. I believe he would cut his own mother's throat if it would earn him a buck, and further his agenda. Evil, evil, evil.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
And made Iran the region's biggest power as a result.
Allowed the Taliban to come back down from the hills to keep Afghanistan in turmoil.
And the economic meltdown of 2008 took a decade to manifest itself. Who controlled congress from 1998 to 2007?
Probably someone should have been.
What terrorist negotiations are you referring to, exactly?

I can counter with, "Alienating long standing allies - wonderful policy. Particularly when those allies are proven correct and you're proven a fool."

Checkmate.
alienating long-standing allies? Those allies chose to cut and run because they couldn't take it. Its easy to let big brother take care of you all the time.
Maybe Iran IS becoming the region's biggest power... but, what is Obama doing about it? I guarantee you that Iran would be less of a threat with GW Bush in the WH. Look at Obama's "leadership" during the oil spill. Thats how he runs our wars too

Old 11-21-2010, 09:47 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,317,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
So I'm supposed to believe that an anti-Bush documentary is going to be based on facts?
Ever wonder why no one would, or could, do a pro-Bush documentary?

Old 11-21-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Ever wonder why no one would, or could, do a pro-Bush documentary?
No, I never wondered why. Its common knowledge that hollywood is very liberal.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:27 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,816 times
they keep looking better and better when compared to the current "Disaster in chief and sidekick"

Old 11-21-2010, 10:33 AM

888 posts, read 1,186,621 times
25% of Americans thought that the Bush/Cheney team did a GOOD job, at the end of their term.
I've noted before, that most of those neo-cons seemed to have ended of at C-D, considering all the apologists on this forum for Dumb & Dumber??

Q: You know what the GWB Presidential library will be?

A: 3 comic books, in the Men's Room, of Arlington Stadium.

Steve

Old 11-21-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
they keep looking better and better when compared to the current "Disaster in chief and sidekick"
yes, only flaming libs have a tough time letting go of their Bush pinata

Old 11-21-2010, 10:52 AM

888 posts, read 1,186,621 times
America will be paying the price for YEARS, because of the BLUNDERS of Bush/Cheney team.

BTW: My well-used Bush pinata, is still under warranty!

Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies