Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 09:16 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Umm what mess? Looks like the economy is picking up. the auto industry is doing better than it has in years. Businessess are expected to have a banner Christmas. Looks like things are improving but you go ahead and keep your eyes closed and ears taped to right-wing radio and tv.

And so you're proud of conservatives speaking up for their party, how about them speaking up for the American people or is that too much to ask?

They ARE speaking for the American people - and Guess What? Their voices (the American People's) were just heard in the latest mid-term elections!

Mess? I will not even bother to address that. Get your head out of the sand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 09:19 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Is calling the President Dungboy rude? Well, if the shoe fits....and I am sorry, but it does fit.

At this point in my life, after watching the mess the liberals have made of this country - and are still trying to make - I honestly say that I am PROUD of any conservative. I am especially proud of any conservative that speaks up for their rights and beliefs and defends their political party against the left.

Did I make myself clear?
Well, then, why did you call my post 'rude'? Don't I have the same rights as you or the OP? Can't I say something based on your own premise that "if the shoe fits..."?

Speaking up for a party and a person's rights and beliefs is fine. But using name-calling to do that completely negates any validity to an argument.

Or, I'm sorry, maybe you are an elitist, and consider yourself better than me?

Name-calling is acceptable if YOU do it, but not if I do it.

Gotcha.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:21 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
They ARE speaking for the American people - and Guess What? Their voices (the American People's) were just heard in the latest mid-term elections!

Mess? I will not even bother to address that. Get your head out of the sand.
They will never learn Informed. They just follow the leader and take their marching orders.

Who told you it was picking up ?

Oh yes the economy is picking up.

Another record for foreclosures and bankruptcies this month.

Record homeless.

Record food banks.

Complete towns going bankrupt.

8 factories in my small hometown totally gone since Obama took office.

Keep listening to the sheep and you will get fooled again.

If the economy was picking up wouldnt Obama and the dems get credit?

If they did then why did they get their butts handed to them?

Or did the economy just start picking up since Nov 2, is that what you mean?

Old 11-23-2010, 09:27 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Theehor View Post
Black and Loud....

it really would be wonderful if you'd use facts to make your point, and not drivel.

Reagan only had a high/low differential of 33 percentage points during his two terms.....lower than a good majority of presidents since FDR.

Ronnie actually had his highest ratings towards the end of his last term, something I can assure you Barack will not enjoy.

I totally agree.

They are grasping for straws at this point and never thought he would ever sink like a rock since he was so great.

The shine is gone, the lies are out and scamming of the American people by Obama is over.

Maybe he will have a few left on the ship when it finally hits the bottom.

Most smart people are running from the toxic one.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:00 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Theehor View Post
Black and Loud....

it really would be wonderful if you'd use facts to make your point, and not drivel.

Reagan only had a high/low differential of 33 percentage points during his two terms.....lower than a good majority of presidents since FDR.

Ronnie actually had his highest ratings towards the end of his last term, something I can assure you Barack will not enjoy.

Again for the comprehension challenged. Instead of incerting yourself into an adult discussion without comprehending what it is your replying too.
The OP stated that Obama approval numbers dropped quicker than any other President which again for the CHALLENGED is NOT TRUE.

Quote:
Of the post-World War II presidents, Obama now is the fourth fastest to drop below the majority approval level, doing so in his 10th month on the job. Gerald Ford dropped below 50% approval during his third month in office, and Bill Clinton did so in his fourth month. Ronald Reagan, like Obama, also dropped below 50% in his 10th month in office, though Reagan's drop occurred a few days sooner in that month (Nov. 13-16, 1981) than did Obama's (Nov. 17-19, 2009).
But all presidents except John Kennedy dropped below the majority approval level at some point in their presidencies, and all recovered after the first time below this mark to go back above 50% approval.
Obama Job Approval Down to 49%

I didn't write this into the history, its already there. My post did not claim anything about high low approval, it was a correction to the OP statement. By the way, Obama has not reached the end of his term yet.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:03 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Who cares about what other Presidents have done, the reality is that most People realize that Obummer, is taking a nose dive, and diving faster and faster into the ground. When your policies suck, we have a failing economy the worse housing situations, and it cannot get any worse, oh but it is, and job loss. Concentrate on these things Mr. President, guess most people are not buying you fancy lines any more. He is not even the good speaker he once was. The only blame for this is Obama himself. Stop blaming others for the mistakes Obama has made, why so many free passes, i can see that even the media, is not what they once were with him, a little love lost! Or reality is setting in.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:12 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Dubya's approval ratings dropped to 18%

Old 11-23-2010, 10:15 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Who cares about what other Presidents have done, the reality is that most People realize that Obummer, is taking a nose dive, and diving faster and faster into the ground. When your policies suck, we have a failing economy the worse housing situations, and it cannot get any worse, oh but it is, and job loss. Concentrate on these things Mr. President, guess most people are not buying you fancy lines any more. He is not even the good speaker he once was. The only blame for this is Obama himself. Stop blaming others for the mistakes Obama has made, why so many free passes, i can see that even the media, is not what they once were with him, a little love lost! Or reality is setting in.

When the OP starts a thread, measuring the performance of this President to others, WHY is it considered an excuse when the correct information is provided? The Great thing about this country is everyone has a right to their opinion. Too bad for those that believe ONLY their opinion matters. You see this as making an excuse, I see it as setting the record straight and provided MY OPINION.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:25 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
They will never learn Informed. They just follow the leader and take their marching orders.

Who told you it was picking up ?

Oh yes the economy is picking up.

Another record for foreclosures and bankruptcies this month.

Record homeless.

Record food banks.

Complete towns going bankrupt.

8 factories in my small hometown totally gone since Obama took office.

Keep listening to the sheep and you will get fooled again.

If the economy was picking up wouldnt Obama and the dems get credit?

If they did then why did they get their butts handed to them?

Or did the economy just start picking up since Nov 2, is that what you mean?
Exactly!!

Don't forget that home sales were down in October.

I fully believe any pick up in the economy is, and will be, due to the fact that the Republicans are taking back control. I know it makes me feel better and more comfortable to start expanding business, spending, and planning towards a more concrete future.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:13 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What attack? I haven't seen any attacks from anyone who identifies themselves as left on this thread. Maybe you could point to the actual attack post.
With all due respect, nearly everyone both left and right identify themselves as centrist. Humans are myopic so wherever they happen to be standing looks like the center of the universe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies