Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:56 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times

Advertisements

I haven't been overseas in a few years. I don't remember an intense level of scrutiny in other countries like Paris CDG, Costa Rica. Costa Rica was just a simple metal detector where I just walked through with my shoes on. Paris CDG was also an easy walkthrough with my shoes on. It wasn't til I got back to the totalitarian United States that I was subjected to drug sniffing dogs and all of the other krap.

For those of you who travel overseas more frequently, what do those countries subject you to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 07:54 PM

221 posts, read 219,372 times
Many countries do exactly the same proceedures that are now happening in the USA with one exception, They don't have stupid people contriving conflict using the word "Freedom" as a excuse for their bad and moronic behaviour. It wasn't the airlines or tsa that created the need for intense screening. If a bomber managed to evade security because these idiots who think anyone wants to see a blurred image of them got their way and watered down airport screening, they would be the loudest voices screaming that we are being let down by our lack of security at airports. If you don't want to be screened or patted down, don't fly, we can really do without you travelling with us.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:56 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
I travel overseas every year. Its pretty much the same procedures both ends of the trip.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:58 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,462,715 times
True. The UK has been strict for years and screening can take a LONG time.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I travel overseas every year. Its pretty much the same procedures both ends of the trip.
I travel overseas often and it is only here in the USA that i see protests against safety checks that are so needed in todays world.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:05 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,722 times
I just had an upclose and personal encounter with a female TSA agent in Frankfurt last week. Same procedure as USA.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambintime View Post
I travel overseas often and it is only here in the USA that i see protests against safety checks that are so needed in todays world.
LOL no lie.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:08 PM

i agree with all of the above and am appalled at how some in America will try to disrupt proceedures put in place for OUR safety. If you don't like the security at airports then DON'T fly and DON'T put my life and the life of other people in danger because you think we are interested in your "junk". We AREN'T.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambintime View Post
i agree with all of the above and am appalled at how some in America will try to disrupt proceedures put in place for OUR safety. If you don't like the security at airports then DON'T fly and DON'T put my life and the life of other people in danger because you think we are interested in your "junk". We AREN'T.
Only in America do we complain about procedures that can save lives. Complain until politicians change the rules. Then sue when the bad things happen because not enough was done to prevent it.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Only in America do we complain about procedures that can save lives. Complain until politicians change the rules. Then sue when the bad things happen because not enough was done to prevent it.
So sad but so true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies