Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:59 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,110 times

Advertisements

This is truly Political Correctness gone Wild!

NPR Reporter Apologizes for Saying ‘Christmas’ On Air | The Blaze

Another reason I don't even want to listen to NPR anymore, let alone fund it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 09:05 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post

No she didn't.

She referred to the Defense Department wondering what kind of presents they were getting this year.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
No she didn't.

She referred to the Defense Department wondering what kind of presents they were getting this year.
Yes she did. Watch the video. Read the article linked.

"I was at - forgive the expression - a Christmas Party," NPR reporter Nina Totenberg interjected from a common description for a common event,..."

This is how revisionist history gets started. Ridiculous. Either it was a "Christmas" Party or it wasn't.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:19 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post

Important!

Old 12-20-2010, 09:20 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
No she didn't.

“I was at – forgive the expression – a Christmas party,” NPR reporter Nina Totenberg interjected on Inside Washington in the weekend’s oddest cautionary separation from a common description for a common event, seemingly embarrassed to invoke any religious terminology for Christmas.

Read more: Nina Totenberg:

Old 12-20-2010, 09:21 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Cool Season's Greetings!

Dear militant Christians:

Please get over yourselves.

Lots of people around the world are celebrating this holiday season. And they have for thousands of years before one of your long forgotten popes 1700 years ago decided to hogpile Jesus' birthday on top of the pre-existing traditional holiday.

It isn't all about you and it never has been. In the spirit of the season, please stow your phony outrage.

Peace on earth, not war on xmas.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:24 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
“I was at – forgive the expression – a Christmas party,” NPR reporter Nina Totenberg interjected on Inside Washington in the weekend’s oddest cautionary separation from a common description for a common event, seemingly embarrassed to invoke any religious terminology for Christmas.

Read more: Nina Totenberg:
OK, I fold.

Then again, maybe the "apology" was diplomatic lip service directed to her employer because she doesn't "personally" buy into the PC of her NPR employer.

I do that sort of thing all the time. It's a subtle method of flipping off a power over you.

These days, it hard for me to keep my middle finger down.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:24 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
You are not going to believe this but this leaves me speechless. Stop my tax dollars from funding such an ignorant news group.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Important!
I think so. This isn't privately owned Trader Joe's. This is publicly funded, National Public Radio. They are APOLOGIZING for using the word, CHRISTMAS, as if it were a derogatory word or a word not allowed; i.e., censored. Face it. NPR is no longer a free media representing ALL the people. They support censorship. Public funding needs to be withdrawn.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:28 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Nina Totenberg is Jewish. Maybe that's what she was referring to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies