Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2010, 07:57 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I am for completely eliminating the Bush "tax cuts", period.

Yikes, I think you are the only one who wants to raise taxes during a recession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 07:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
No bill becomes law until the President signs it or Congress overrides a presidential veto. George W. Bush was complicit as the President of the United States in EVERYTHING that Congress did.

Try another excuse for the failures of George W. Bush Jr.
So what you are saying is there was a series of bills given to Bush by the Democrats that were vetod and/or not signed that would have made a difference..

Fine, I'll bite..

LIST THEM..

Old 12-02-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yikes, I think you are the only one who wants to raise taxes during a recession.
I actually dont think its that bad of an idea, but I want an all or nothing approach.. While I understand this will negatively affect the economy, I'll pull the Democratic line when they passed unemployment, the economy will cushion the increase and we'll be fine.. Of course they turned out to be 100% wrong, nevermind that.. but I do think we either need to increase revenues or cut spending massively, and we all know they aren't cutting spending..

edit, I meant to say when they passed the minimum wage increase

Last edited by pghquest; 12-02-2010 at 08:19 PM..

Old 12-02-2010, 08:03 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
LOL, in the Clinton administration we had a huge tech bubble.
Exactly, they were cooking the books all over the place, making up phony profits, fraud and deceit, that was the 1990s. You cannot return to a land of fantasy that sits on a pile of make believe funny-money. i have to ask those democrats like JTG if they even recall Enron.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I actually dont think its that bad of an idea, but I want an all or nothing approach.. While I understand this will negatively affect the economy, I'll pull the Democratic line when they passed unemployment, the economy will cushion the increase and we'll be fine.. Of course they turned out to be 100% wrong, nevermind that.. but I do think we either need to increase revenues or cut spending massively, and we all know they aren't cutting spending..

I don't think it is an either or proposition, we need to do both. Absent cutting spending you cannot raise taxes,

Old 12-02-2010, 08:12 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
I don't think it is an either or proposition, we need to do both. Absent cutting spending you cannot raise taxes,
Let Washington politicians prove they can cut spending, before they force more taxes out of my already tight budget.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Right, thats what I'd like to see, the tax cuts expire, the spending cut by an equal amount, meetup somewhere in the middle..

btw, I'm still waiting for the other poster to explain to me how 100% tax rates would indicate a fantasti economy and list the Democratic bills veto'd by Bush which would have helped the economy.

I wonder where he went?

Old 12-02-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Let Washington politicians prove they can cut spending, before they force more taxes out of my already tight budget.

I agree.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:47 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Democrats, party of no, Democrats, party of taxing, Democrats, party of Fascism, Democrats, party of Communism, Democrats, party of theft, Democrats, party of reducing the middle class to expand poverty.

What you said.

The REAL party of HELL NO, the dem NO crats want to steal from successful people and hand money to losers.

We will see if the dems are really for getting the economy going or for another recession like the last 2 under their short 4 year control.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:50 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:

Most liberals here do not understand if this happens it will effect everyone, not just the FAKE rich they all have been scammed into thinking.

Even a family earning 80k per year will lost 421.00 per month if this tax breaks expires.

Lesson to liberals, this tax cut is NOT just for rich people. You have been scammed once again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies