Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 07:06 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times

Advertisements

Harry Reid has stated that we are about to fall off the so called "Fiscal Cliff" because Republicans refuse to compromise, YET, the Democrats absolutely refuse to compromise their position.

Isn't compromise a 2 way street? Give and take?

I think it is the fault of BOTH parties.

Republicans need to compromise, but the Democrats need to offer equal counter compromises as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 07:29 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,696 times
The left wing is so far gone with anyone who doesn't get stoned daily, is gay and wants to get(or already is) married, little weasels with no balls, honor, integrity, hates firearms, believes in free Government handouts, thinks the Constitution is TP for their bum........etc..

I can't ever see myself getting within 20 miles of them.

The doctor can't give me enough high blood pressure meds to deal with them and their warped ways.

The only compromise I make is my middle finger or right hook.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Harry Reid has stated that we are about to fall off the so called "Fiscal Cliff" because Republicans refuse to compromise, YET, the Democrats absolutely refuse to compromise their position.

Isn't compromise a 2 way street? Give and take?

I think it is the fault of BOTH parties.

Republicans need to compromise, but the Democrats need to offer equal counter compromises as well.
My honest opinion is that Democrats Democrats compromised for the first year of the Obama administration and we grew slower than we could have. in 2011, we lost our super majority and we continued to compromise. In 2012, we lost our majority in the house and compromise died a horrible death.

Speaker Boehner: Budget Control Act Meets 'Cut-More-Than-You-Hike' Standard & Has No Tax Hikes - YouTube

"I got 98% of what i wanted"

then our Credit got down graded.

lets also mention that Fiscal cliff, which is a budget cut, exactly what Boehner tried to propose in this video and in others later on. Now, if we cant handle a 400 billion dollar budget cut, what makes Boehner think we can handle a 900 billion dollar cut ?????

i should also mention the decline in GDP growth

2009, Dem in WH, H & S ,(4 month super majority) (growth compared to pre-Obama decline), 4%
2010, Dem in WH, H & S, (1 month super majority), 3.5
2011, Dem in WS, S, GOP H, ( no super majoirty), 1.7

2012 numbers obviously arent out yet in total, but i believe it was projected to be 1.5, then it went up and down periodically throughout the year between 2.3 and 0.9)

besides, all that, the compromise republicans have suggested would actually cost us money, just like a balanced amendment does.

moving the age qualification up for medicare,retirement cost the government more money because those people would be on other programs that are subsidies and out right funded by the government.

Ezra Klein

The fiscal cliff deal comes clearer: a 37% top tax rate and a higher Medicare eligibility age

saving 5 billion means nothing if it is going to cost you 11.7 billion.

Republicans want to close loopholes instead of raising taxes, that sounds great, to bad they wont tell us which loopholes other than ones that would actually hurt the middle class(the ones that would already go into effect if we fell off the fiscal cliff.

There is another wrong with compromise, i just think Democrats have been doing it for years while republicans get everything they wont or offer ideas that would either do nothing or make things worse.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:43 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,696 times
I'll also say that it hurts to no end to watch these libs ruin our Country and run it down into a state in which it may take decades to recover from...if we ever do.

The fact they can't/don't/won't see it makes me want to revoke their voting privilages. It's a downward spiral straight to hell. This economy sucks and it's only going to get worse and worse.

Mitt could have had it fixed in less than a year........100% sure of it.

We needed a businessman this time around. We got a "look at who won...that'll teach whitey" AGAIN!!

Old 12-27-2012, 07:45 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,165 times
If this goes off the cliff Obama is screwed. He spent the last two years campaigning about how he wouldnt raise taxes on the Middle Class. Well the Supreme Court has already ruled that obamacare will be funded by taxes paid for by guess who, the MC. And when the Bush tax cuts expire taxes go up on who...thats right the MC.

The prez is raising taxes on the people who voted for him and who he said he would not raise taxes on.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:49 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
Obama and the Democrats have done nothing but bend over and compromise since the day the President took office. The problem is even when the President offered $10 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax increases the Republican extremists still spit in his face.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:54 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
The left wing is so far gone with anyone who doesn't get stoned daily, is gay and wants to get(or already is) married, little weasels with no balls, honor, integrity, hates firearms, believes in free Government handouts, thinks the Constitution is TP for their bum........etc..

I can't ever see myself getting within 20 miles of them.

The doctor can't give me enough high blood pressure meds to deal with them and their warped ways.

The only compromise I make is my middle finger or right hook.
Well, aren't you the tolerant and loving person... and fyi, your stupid stereotypes only apply to a small percentage of "liberals," so your middle finger is being misused. Save it for the road, buddy! (it's more useful and justified there)

IMO, it's people like you who are really our country's downfall - people who put everyone into little boxes (liberal vs conservative, gay vs straight, black vs white, etc), cannot tolerate anyone who doesn't agree with them 100%, and has very little knowledge of what REAL people in this country think about each issue. I have no desire to take your guns, in fact I enjoy shooting at the range sometimes; I'm not gay and have no interest in marrying anyway, I only believe in "handouts" for those who genuinely need a handUP, and unlike most of the whiny conservatives on here, I defend the Constitution daily through my work. So how would being within 20ft of me anger you? Oh yeah, it's just the fact that I don't call myself a conservative - even though I'm also not a Democrat. But then you probably spew that lie about liberals being the intolerant ones, right?

Old 12-27-2012, 07:55 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
P.S. I do smoke a lot of pot (legally), so at least you got one stereotype correct... but considering most conservatives are now on-board with legalizing marijuana, that's hardly a liberal thing anymore. Oh yeah, I also don't have balls, seeing as I'm a woman and all.

Last edited by gizmo980; 12-27-2012 at 08:16 PM..

Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Obama has already offered a plan far to the right of Simpsons Bowles and the GOP still rejected the plan.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
If this goes off the cliff Obama is screwed. He spent the last two years campaigning about how he wouldnt raise taxes on the Middle Class. Well the Supreme Court has already ruled that obamacare will be funded by taxes paid for by guess who, the MC. And when the Bush tax cuts expire taxes go up on who...thats right the MC.

The prez is raising taxes on the people who voted for him and who he said he would not raise taxes on.
If that happens, then why is Obama screwed, Obama can not pass a single thing. He is not a senate leader or a House leader. You would be blaming him for something that would not even be his fault as he can only sign what lands on his desk and as of now, neither his plan or the house plan has been voted on.

Also, the supreme court did not rule that Obamacare will be funded by the middle class. It ruled that it was legal under calling it a tax. They could have very well ruled it legal as Obama's Lawyers had argued it.

Would love to know which taxes you are talking about in Obamacare though, care to list them with direct quotes from the law itself ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies