Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 10:55 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
In a word, yes, and the Republican message is fashioned so that appeals to a group of Americans that look like they do, think like they do, act like they do, believe what they do, and worship like they do. So what if some of their economic parties aren't in the best interest of many middle and working class Republicans. At least they say all the right things.

It's like a guy that seduces a woman but really has no long term interest. As long as he says the right thing and gives her some measure of satisfaction she is happy.
Really??? huh interesting you are aware that the majority of the House and Senate are MILLIONAIRES right? Do you really think those RICH Dems give a crap about you and can "relate" to you? Ugh please what crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 10:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
“I don’t deal in average American citizens.”
Charlie Rangel

Angry Rangel Says He Doesn‘t Deal in ’Average American Citizens’ | The Blaze

Old 12-03-2010, 11:12 PM

4 posts, read 3,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I want to know how Republicans have suckered the poor and middle class into voting for these blood suckers Is it more than gays, guns, and God?
I would like to know which jobs have been saved ?? and why van jones helped write the so called stimulas for his union buddies? I would like to know why people suddenly CAN find a job when unemployment runs out?.. I would like to know why it's a crime to be smart strong successful and rich? I want to know how illegals can take, steel money food from working people and look at them selves in the mirror? these mentally challenged librals keep teaching these people to wollow in self pitty feel sorry for them selves, consider them selves losers and that's ok, because you can just take what you want from others. someone needs to tell them what tax payers go through to support there 10 kids they have. maybe they have been told tax payers love to shovel money toward people who don't deserve it.. I don't know what to do..
it makes no sense why these people would want to be stupid and useless unless people like you are encouraging it

Old 12-03-2010, 11:33 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Are you drunk?

No, a business owner. Ta very much.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:36 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
No, a business owner. Ta very much.
And do you make more of less than $250K a year?

Old 12-04-2010, 12:53 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
During the Eisenhower era the rich were taxed at 90%. The economy was booming and small businesses thrived. How were the small business owners in the 50’s and 60’s able to succeed despite paying higher taxes and yet the small business owners of today claim that they are incapable of success at taxes less than half that?

Old 12-04-2010, 07:02 AM

858 posts, read 2,993,636 times
All I know is Warrent Buffet has said many times that he pays a lower effective tax rate than many of his employees. If I make $50K and pay $15K in taxes, the guy who makes $500K should at least pay $150K.

The wealthy should not pay a lower effective tax rate due to loopholes, that's why I would like to see a US Sales Tax, Value Added Tax, or Flat Tax.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
During the Eisenhower era the rich were taxed at 90%. The economy was booming and small businesses thrived. How were the small business owners in the 50’s and 60’s able to succeed despite paying higher taxes and yet the small business owners of today claim that they are incapable of success at taxes less than half that?
There is more to a booming economy than income/corporate taxes.
Taxes do not drive an economy, create jobs, expand production.

We are a consumer economy today..what were we in the 50's and 60's ?

Old 12-04-2010, 07:15 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,971,660 times
No one group should be left out of tax cuts and no one group should be taxed more than the other. Flat tax, please. Simple, easy, fair. And this is coming from one of those "Liberals (who oh so hate rich people because we want to tax them to death)".....

Old 12-04-2010, 07:36 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
During the Eisenhower era the rich were taxed at 90%.
...On taxable income over $400,000. Adjust that for inflation and the top bracket should now start at about $3 million, with the other brackets similarly significantly adjusted.
Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2010

When do we get the new tax brackets after they've been adjusted for inflation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies